• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mclovin

Ribiero's swing at Ozzie

Rate this topic

Butt ending the stick on purpose wasnt that smart of Osgood.. but slashing him on the chest area is just a "no can do". Butt ending does every goalie in the NHL, what many people already said in this topic. Ribeiro is just a stupid angry man and needs to get suspended for taking action and slashing Osgood. But because he will get the "Stars" treatment he will get just 1 match.

No one on Anaheim was calling for a suspension on Dom last year when he butt ended Perry purposefully right under the eye. Dallas are looking for anyway to get ahead. I personally think there done, espicially if Barnes, Lethinen and Ribeiro dont play monday.

BTW, Perry is a big ***** for whining and then hitting Chelios, but Dom's was way worse then Ozzies and Perry didnt even touch Dom.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Some of you people are seriously the most irrational and most biased people I have ever dealt with.

Funny thing is you all say s*** about Melrose (I hate the guy just as much here) for being so biased when most of you are the exact same way!

Now, from a true hockey fans stand-point... And yes, I am a die-hard Wings fan (but have the ability not to be a fan-boy and see both sides of the story).. What Osgood did was stupid, and if you truly think he didn't do it on purpose, you're blinded by your man love for our goalie. Now, was it stupid? Yes. But doesn't every goalie do this type of s***? Ummmm, absolutely. If anything, he's much smarter than Turco cause he covered it up, made it look like he was just moving his arm. As opposed to Turco blatently hacking and whacking at our guys. Which is EXACTLY why all you're little stupid "ozzie should be suspended" comments are absurd. He make it look so unintentional that there is no way the league is gonna make a judgement call and say they "THINK he tried to get his stick in Ribiero's face". Just not gonna happen, now get over it!

Now, I am sitting here telling you all (Wings and Stars fans) that what Ozzie did was stupid and wrong. HOWEVER, does that justify what Ribiero did? HELL NO! Do you think that Bertuzzi just felt like jumping some guy from behind one day? NOPE! That whole Bertuzzi thing went back games before where the guy hit some guy and Bertuzzi thought it was a cheap shot.

Now if you have played hockey you will certainly know that often its not the initial action that gets called, its the RETALIATION that gets caught. What Ribiero did was selfish to his team and certainly worthy of a single game suspension.

Guess what people, there's little shots that go back and forth ALL GAME LONG! What do the smart players do about it? Nothing. They just play the game. What do little ******* who can't fight or are getting dominated do? They swing their freaking stick at the persons chest.

So, to sum this up... Wings fans, PLEASE get off Ozzies ball-sack. What he did was stupid and very intentional. To the Stars fans, you have to be the biggest morons if you truely think that what Ozzie did jusified someone swinging a hockey stick at his throat area. Then again, I'm sure most of you people who are totally biased one way or the other have never really played competitive hockey!

game set match

In his post-game interview last night, Mike Modano looked outright embarassed over Ribiero's behaviour.

In reading his off-day interview today, nothing much seems to have changed. He further expresses the opinion that the very WORST thing the Stars could possibly do would be to attempt to "drag" the Wings into a "street fight".

Modano's a smart guy....

All debating aside my argument would look similar to many others so instead of posting that, I found this video on Youtube and had to post it. Talk about acting, this could have won an emmy. If osgood took a dive then what is this?

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>&">
name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

I didn't want to sift through the 14 pages or so before this: But since the NHL hasn't issued a suspensino yet, does that mean one won't come at all? Or did they issue one and just didn't post it on NHL.com?

I didn't want to sift through the 14 pages or so before this: But since the NHL hasn't issued a suspensino yet, does that mean one won't come at all? Or did they issue one and just didn't post it on NHL.com?

It takes the NHL about 5-7 business days before they review and levy a suspension because of a careless act that might cause harm to a player

The only time the NHL disciplinary court acts fast is for two reason

1) Dancing in front of Brody... resulting in a bulls*** penalty to now be called

and

2) Involving swing 'puss on the ice surface... resulting in a $10,000 USD fine per case!

i.e. the stars season will be long over before a suspension is handed out!

Edited by OsGOD

Who do you think will take Ribiero out first, Drake or Dmac?

Personally, I think either Ribs' first shift DMac challenges him, and then Drake pesters the hell out of him all game long, or the other way around.

Hahahaha Ribiero is pathetic in that video, lord. If I ever, ever saw a Detroit player lying on the their back and kicking his legs around like a sad little ballet dancer, I'd be intensely ashamed to have them on my team.

All debating aside my argument would look similar to many others so instead of posting that, I found this video on Youtube and had to post it. Talk about acting, this could have won an emmy. If osgood took a dive then what is this?

LMFAO!!! that is awesome! f*** giving ozzie the oscar... Mikey should win it every year from now on!

Most likely, tomorrow morning before game 3. Today IS Mothers Day after all.

The NHL brass tends to not let games pass between incidents if they can help it.

Sorry, but you're an idiot. Banned for a very, very lame attempt at trolling.

Thanks, Matt. Yeah...the whole "he started it!!" argument isn't really a legitimate one. Likewise, when you say something like:

"Ribiero didn't just decide to slash him, people, come on!"

You're in some kind of bizarre reality where you can remove free will from the equation in judging situations.

Just a thought.

When the Stars fans say Osgood was acting tell them yes. Say he was impersonating this video of Ribiero.

:lol:

DMac should beat him for this incedent alone. What a wuss.

He better be sitting for a couple of games. Other wise i think that the tries to take a run Ozzie. Our bruisers, all two of them, better be looking out for him.

It takes the NHL about 5-7 business days before they review and levy a suspension because of a careless act that might cause harm to a player

The only time the NHL disciplinary court acts fast is for two reason

1) Dancing in front of Brody... resulting in a bulls*** penalty to now be called

and

2) Involving swing 'puss on the ice surface... resulting in a $10,000 USD fine per case!

i.e. the stars season will be long over before a suspension is handed out!

If they really did wait that long, Ribeiro would have to sit out all the games until they officially review it. I'm sure they'll either hand down a decision within the next couple hours or tomorrow morning.

Ribeiro: "If they suspend me for one game they should suspend him (Osgood) for two games." "What he did was much more dangerous."

WHAT?!

A butt end can be as dangerous as a stick swing, depending on where they connect.

Anyways, my take is Ribeiro should get one game for the intent to injure, however, that's the most he should get. Osgood sold it like an Italian soccer player, it wasn't nearly as bad as it looked. A little bit higher, then maybe the story changes, but hitting him in that big chest protector isn't going to hurt him, given that he takes pucks going much, much faster in the same spot every day.

Edited by MacK_Attack

A butt end can be as dangerous as a stick swing, depending on where they connect.

Anyways, my take is Ribeiro should get one game for the intent to injure, however, that's the most he should get. Osgood sold it like an Italian soccer player, it wasn't nearly as bad as it looked. A little bit higher, then maybe the story changes, but hitting him in that big chest protector isn't going to hurt him, given that he takes pucks going much, much faster in the same spot every day.

Ozzie's been here for 11 years, and he's never been one to dive like he's been shot. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say it was one of those things that hit him in the right spot, stung for about 30 seconds, left a bruise, and he's ok.

If it was Holmstrom, Maltby, or Hasek, I'd have my doubts and say they were trying to draw a match penalty.

If they really did wait that long, Ribeiro would have to sit out all the games until they officially review it. I'm sure they'll either hand down a decision within the next couple hours or tomorrow morning.

Yeah i know... they already announced the "decision" No suspension just fines for BOTH players.... I was mocking the NHL's ability to address stupid s*** over more "serious" stuff

Osgood's butt end was far more dangerous than Ribiero's slash. When you talk "intent to injure", Osgood is the one that you should be considering for a suspension. If Ribiero really was trying to injure Osgood I have to believe he would know better than to slash him in the chest protector.

I don't support what Ribiero did, he should have dropped his stick and then went after Osgood. But regardless, he did not deserve a suspension. And do you rubes really believe that one of the Wings' tough guys will go after Ribiero in Game 3? Give Detroit more credit than that, they know what they need to do on Wednesday. They're the superior team, they will go win Game 3 and worry about getting revenge on Ribiero next season.

WTF???

League reportedly fines Ribeiro, Osgood for Game 2 altercation; Ott fined too

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2008...tory?id=3391167

... Ribeiro said he was only retaliating.

Good, there are more entertaining ways to deal with problem players on the otherside

Turtle soup anyone?

Guest ColeEdwards28

Your goalie is the *****. He intentionally hits ribiero with his stick. ozzie falls and gets a penalty and in his press release, "he was simply protecting his player from getting hit." f*** detroit