• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LarryDavid

Wings sign Conklin: 1-year, $750K

Rate this topic

Our defense and goaltending is going to be so solid next season. First re-signing Stuart, now signing a solid backup goalie like Conklin. Great day for Kenny Holland and the Wings overall.

Hopefully this day isn't over yet!!

Wow. That's a really great signing. The Avs paid more for Andrew Raycroft and his GAA last year was almost FOUR!

I'm shocked that Conklin didn't a) Get more money than that; b) Go to a team like Tampa (I know they got Kolzig), or Colorado where he could compete for a starting job.

Why the hell would a team like Colorado not offer Conklin $1.5 or something, rather than sign Raycroft for 800k? That's really weird.

Great, great signing, even though I really want to see Howard play at some point.

I'm mixed on the money/term we gave Stuart, but this Conklin signing is AMAZING.

No way does Conkin sign a two-way deal with Detroit.

At this point, with the signing, and the drafting of McCollum, I don't even care about Howard anymore.

Wow. That's a really great signing. The Avs paid more for Andrew Raycroft and his GAA last year was almost FOUR!

I'm shocked that Conklin didn't a) Get more money than that; b) Go to a team like Tampa (I know they got Kolzig), or Colorado where he could compete for a starting job.

Why the hell would a team like Colorado not offer Conklin $1.5 or something, rather than sign Raycroft for 800k? That's really weird.

Great, great signing, even though I really want to see Howard play at some point.

I'm mixed on the money/term we gave Stuart, but this Conklin signing is AMAZING.

I'm guessing its no skin off his nose. A 1 year contract behind an incredible team. He has a chance to win a cup, and if that doesn't happen, he'll likely again post impressive numbers for a 2nd year in a row which could land him an overpaying contract on the longer term after next season.

Id actually say its a really good career move. He'll come out smelling like a rose regardless..

Remember all, that Ty played in Edmonton during the Finals in 2006 and played well when Rollie went down, and almost pulled the series out down 3 games to 1. Edmonton had a decent defense as well as Pittsburgh did last year, just imagine what he will do with our GREAT D!!! This is a great deal!! Not at all suprised, in fact I pretty much expected someone like Conklin being signed!

I actually forgot about that!

As for Howard, keep in mind that he's only 3 years removed from Maine. We've been hearing about him so often that it feels like he's been around longer. He is not even close to being a bust. The reason we have such a successful team is because we let our talent develop. Howard has had the luxury of time to hone his game to be ready for the NHL, unlike others who get thrown into the fire learn on the job.

So this makes 10 offensemen, 7 Dmen and two solid goalies for $45.27 million, with only Flip being the major player yet to re-sign, and at this point giving the Wings $11.43 million left to spend.

******* MARRY ME KENNY!

:lol: Took the words right out of my mouth! Someone email that sonuvabitch from SI that named Burke GM of the year.

I'm guessing its no skin off his nose. A 1 year contract behind an incredible team. He has a chance to win a cup, and if that doesn't happen, he'll likely again post impressive numbers for a 2nd year in a row which could land him an overpaying contract on the longer term after next season.

Id actually say its a really good career move. He'll come out smelling like a rose regardless..

To build on this.... Who is to say 1/2 way through the season if he is playing very well the Wings do not sign him to an additional year - all speculation as Howard may be coming up after this season...

Edited by Rivalred

Wow how many goalies do we have?

Osgood?

Conklin?

Howard?

And don't we have a Swede and we drafted another young one?

who else?

I think you're talking about Stefan Liv. He went back to Sweden didn't he?

Remember all, that Ty played in Edmonton during the Finals in 2006 and played well when Rollie went down, and almost pulled the series out down 3 games to 1. Edmonton had a decent defense as well as Pittsburgh did last year, just imagine what he will do with our GREAT D!!! This is a great deal!! Not at all suprised, in fact I pretty much expected someone like Conklin being signed!

Uh, that was Markannen, not Conklin. Conklin basically threw away game 1 after Roloson was injured, then Mark took over.

I still would rather see Howard get called up, he needs to start learning the real game.

Let's face it, any goaltender would work for us in backup. Our defense is abusrd.

I have nothing against Ty, I just rather see us learn the most we can about Howard before we are forced to make choices. What better time to do it then when there are not major goaltenders on the market, and you just secured the best team in all of hockey for another season????

The only thing I don't like about this signing is that it pretty much spells the end of J-Ho in Detroit, either skill wise or personnel wise he just couldn't break the roster (as it appears) and as a native Mainer I was rooting for the former U-Maine goalie.

I was really hoping he would be a success and lead the Wings to a couple of cups.

But as I have said in other threads I root for the Winged Wheel not the name on the back!

:lol: Took the words right out of my mouth! Someone email that sonuvabitch from SI that named Burke GM of the year.

Ain't that the truth.

I say we keep making killer moves to further embarrace Burke.

How about we sign Bertuzzi, who he love for a million. Then offer Burke Lilja, Lebda, and Bertuzzi in exchange for Schneider who he is desperate to dump. :lol:

Wow how many goalies do we have?

Osgood?

Conklin?

Howard?

And don't we have a Swede and we drafted another young one?

who else?

I love the fact we have alot of option as back up for Ozzie and that in McCollum we have a real good prospect. :thumbup: