• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cicada

Marian Hossa a Red Wing, 1yr, $7.45m

Rate this topic

ESPN Radio 1250 said the Wings originally offered Hossa a multi-year deal, but his agent called them back with the 1 year proposal.

That's interesting. Would like to know what exactly Holland offered.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I just wonder if we have enough room to sign our remaining players. Also damn we are deep up front ...

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Hossa - Filipulla - Franzen

Cleary - Draper - Sammuelsson

Hudler - Helm - Maltby

Kopecky?

Mc Carty?

Downey?

Abby?

This looks good, but my primary concern is physicality. With this change we basically have lost spots for our "tough guys". With Drake retiring (assuming), we lose our only big hitter on offense. I wish there was someway to replace that but I guess we don't really have the money for that. Maybe factor Meech, Lebda, or Quincey into a trade to free up some money and space.

Holy crapola unexpected signing Batman!

I am in shock... I didn't think we'd get him at all... Wow, my hands are shaking with shock right now... this is AWESOME! I freakin can't wait for next season to start!

And then for the Wings to play San Jose so I can see a bloody game.

This is crazy unbelievable...

Wow... just wow.

We owe Kenny.

Big Time.

Haha, Red Wings fans could start by actually ATTENDING Red Wings games. But the more stuff like this happens, the more complacent we'll get...

This looks good, but my primary concern is physicality. With this change we basically have lost spots for our "tough guys". With Drake retiring (assuming), we lose our only big hitter on offense. I wish there was someway to replace that but I guess we don't really have the money for that. Maybe factor Meech, Lebda, or Quincey into a trade to free up some money and space.

trade sammy for a draft pick or something; put hudler on the 3rd line and throw downey or mac on the 4th

If we were to split up Dats and Z, there could be some nasty line combos (although I don't really think they should based on chemistry).

Hossa - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Franzen - Zetterberg - Filpulla

That would be a pretty sick top 2 lines.

seriously, its like we got an awesome new toy that we cant open for 2 months

This is why I only peaked at Christmas gifts once, I learned my lesson, not knowing is better than the torture of waiting.

For instance the next 3 months would have been a lot better not knowing the wings had Hossa, than the painful anticipation as every day slowly ticks by. However in this case not knowing would have meant the wings did not have him, and I am cool with the waiting to see Babcock and his new toy!

He has soooooo many possible line ups from 5-5 to pk to pp.

The overtime lines could be:

Dats- Hossa - Hank - Lids

Franzen - Flip - Ralf - Kronwall

Cleary - Draper - Stuart - Lebda

And as enticing as

Hank Dats Hossa Ralf Lids is

I think the first unit stays the same unless the wings need a goal.

Guest lnvincible
Haha, Red Wings fans could start by actually ATTENDING Red Wings games. But the more stuff like this happens, the more complacent we'll get...

Hossa will bring more fans to detroit.

Guest lnvincible
oh my gosh... if we don't win the cup again the season is an utter failure now lol. Holy crap is our team gonna be even more wicked! :yowza:

Yea not to mention the summer isnt over! :o There could potentally be more signings, so lets cross our fingers !

Reports that Detroit signed Marian Hossa are false, in fact Detroit signed Hossa, just the wrong one. A press conference will be held on Thursday July 3rd 2008 to announce the official signing of Marcel Hossa. The entire details are unclear, but what is known after a long night of drinking Red Wings General Manager caught off guard early Wednesday morning. Not fully awake - Holland heard the name "Hossa" and said it is a done deal. Pittsburgh fans are relieved to hear this news that their beloved Penguins team is still intact. NHL Commissioner released a statement stating the Detroit Red Wings voided their NHL contract and the Stanley Cup will be awarded to the Penguins on Monday July 7th 2008 when the Cup returns from Newfoundland... The NHL contacted Detroit player Dan Cleary who currently has the Cup and was not available for comment. There is speculation that Dan Cleary and the Cup on are on a boat in international waters to hide out in Venezuela. Stay tuned for further updates...