• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

So, what do we say about Kronwall now?

Rate this topic

2 more years and he is going to start being mentioned with the top defenseman in league. 5 more years and I bet he is going to be a norris trophy candidate.

Maybe I'm just being a homer, but to me he seems really really really good. He won't be a Lidstrom, but he will be our number one guy once Lids retires.

It won't take 5 years for Kronwall to be nominated for a Norris. A couple more injury-free seasons and he'll be right there. He's already got the broadcasters on his side.

I was never huge on Kronners when he first entered the league and I didn't buy into the whole "injury prone" mumbojumbo, it was more like he was gifted at being in awkward positions and unlucky situations.

I needed to see more from him even this year aside from the energizing hits, and what really opened my eyes was his passing ability and his ability to make plays on an offensive standpoint.

It won't take 5 years for Kronwall to be nominated for a Norris. A couple more injury-free seasons and he'll be right there. He's already got the broadcasters on his side.

And Red Wing nation, that alone propels players into stardom e.g Stuart, once we rallied behind him, look at him tear it up in the playoffs!

Guest Crymson
You said it, brother.

Ouch---so says the guy who couldn't stop calling Holland a retard any chance he got?

Ouch---so says the guy who couldn't stop calling Holland a retard any chance he got?

:blink:

A retard? I think I was talking about Kopecky, Hudler or Sammy when I said that. Not Holland. My only criticism of him is his lack of pursuing toughness. He did it somewhat last year with Downey and McCarty, and I hope he does it again this year.

That said, your "ass kissing" post was still unnecessary.

I think Kronwall is one of the more popular fan players, mostly because of his hits. He's not too bad with the puck either...

That is one of the only things keeping him from being an elite defenseman as well. Give him a few more years to polish up his skating and passing and he will be great. It will probably take the retirement of Lidstrom however before he finally starts getting the minutes and the recognition for his abilities.

I see the long phantom of number 16 red cast his impressive shadow across Kronner's skates,...and he is not afraid.

Seriously we need a nickname akin to what he's become to this team. Vladdy was vlad the impaler (one of the coolest hockey names ever)

I don't need to take back anything or be told "I told you so" at all, as I realized injuries with him were going to be concerned but he also had some freak injuries as well, but I realized at the same time he could deliver some pretty healthy hits and was/is a solid puck mover. I never wanted or suggested him to be traded or released.

2 more years and he is going to start being mentioned with the top defenseman in league. 5 more years and I bet he is going to be a norris trophy candidate.

Maybe I'm just being a homer, but to me he seems really really really good. He won't be a Lidstrom, but he will be our number one guy once Lids retires.

He's better known now then we realize sometimes. I'm in an e-mail group who talk hockey of Sharks fans from when I lived in SJ. I brought up Kronwall as one of our rising players. They knew ALL about him and talked about him now as one of our top D players after Lidstrom now. Not the one they want to play. I have no doubt he's going to be known across the league. My biggest concern is that he stay healthy like he did this year.

I like you.

:lol:

Ok fine I'll say something hockey related. I feel like if Kronwall was on another team and played against us we would have many issues with his hits. He's turning into a beast though. His pairing with Stuart has mind-blowing potential written all over it. I like that he hits with an edge. Kronnic is my cup of tea.

I want to see more consistant hard hitting out of him, he'll have a huge hit one game, then disappear for the next 3 with no hits.

Expecting that is unreasonable, not even Scott Stevens laid people out on a daily basis.

I remember a year or two ago Daniel Alfredsson talking about Kronner and saying he's amazing. He even said he thought he was the best player for (team Sweden I think it was).

I knew after that we had something special.

I see the long phantom of number 16 red cast his impressive shadow across Kronner's skates,...and he is not afraid.

Seriously we need a nickname akin to what he's become to this team. Vladdy was vlad the impaler (one of the coolest hockey names ever)

How about Kronan the Barbarian? Or Kronner the Barbarian? Something to that effect.

Meh, he's ok. No goals in the playoffs, though. Trade him. That $3 mil/year is wasted if he's sitting on IR. Soft Euro. Can't win anything with soft Euros. He's holding back the young talent in GR.

I love it. I will be the one to say "I told you so."

Those doubters can eat Crow-nwall. Suck it, boys!

I really needed to be a ***** tonight since I didn't get to rip a guy's nuts off at work. Thanks for giving me that opportunity. Back to the praise of my favourite Wing.

If your speaking as a native North American who knows little about foreign language.

You're wrong. His name is not, and never has been, spelled with a "V" or had a "V" sound in it.