• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/12 GDT: Flames 6 at Red Wings 5 (SO)

Rate this topic

I'm sure this wont get a great response, but the following statements are 100% true

-The Red Wings are very skilled

-The Wings are a soft euro team

-The Wings get the benefit of the doubt on calls more than they should

I really cant stand the Red Wings, a lot about them irks me. The Hockeytown sham, their obnoxious music selections during games, and their soft flavour of hockey which belongs in Europe.

I suppose I'll be banned for speaking my mind and so be it, but nothing in this thread is any less than 100% accurate.

Calgary are such greasers in their style of play as Mickey says it's going to bite them big time in the playoffs

All the dirty stuff ala Phanuef etc keeps coming back to haunt them with penalty kill situations

Also they rely so heavily on Kiprisoff(is he a bit twitchy to you ?? ADD ?) he will be a tired goalie going into the playoffs

I think goaltender fatigue from regular season is a significant factor in the playoffs see also Vancouver

I'm sure this wont get a great response, but the following statements are 100% true

I really cant stand the Red Wings, a lot about them irks me. The Hockeytown sham, their obnoxious music selections during games, and their soft flavour of hockey which belongs in Europe.

I suppose I'll be banned for speaking my mind and so be it, but nothing in this thread is any less than 100% accurate.

Nice try Mindfly

They also win Cups. Four in the last eleven years. I can handle being a soft Euro team if it gives my team the Stanley Cup. Thanks for sharing your opinion!

Whatever wins cups right ;)

You know, this guy isn't half bad. Seriously man, there's this dude we have named Mindfly.. can we replace him with you? You managed to say more good things about the Wings in one post than he has in almost a year.

I'm curious as to how those statements are "100%" true. I imagine your ability to be objective has a little bit to do with being a fan of the Flames, and looking down the throat of a 2-4 road trip record. ;)

At any rate, if we've gotten the benefit of the doubt in this game, it only evens up for the multitude of 3 on 5s we were arbitrarily served with in the beginning of the season. It all evens out.

Guest mindfly

a few break aways, 2on1s etc and they can't score...It can't be all cause of Hossa being out can it?

haha it belongs in Europe but manages to win Stanley Cups in North America? Nice try dude.

They also win Cups. Four in the last eleven years. I can handle being a soft Euro team if it gives my team the Stanley Cup. Thanks for sharing your opinion!

Technically, only one of those "soft Euro teams" won a cup. But that still proves it can be done.