• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/12 GDT: Flames 6 at Red Wings 5 (SO)

Rate this topic

I'm sure this wont get a great response, but the following statements are 100% true

-The Red Wings are very skilled

-The Wings are a soft euro team

-The Wings get the benefit of the doubt on calls more than they should

I really cant stand the Red Wings, a lot about them irks me. The Hockeytown sham, their obnoxious music selections during games, and their soft flavour of hockey which belongs in Europe.

I suppose I'll be banned for speaking my mind and so be it, but nothing in this thread is any less than 100% accurate.

Guest Shoreline
a few break aways, 2on1s etc and they can't score...It can't be all cause of Hossa being out can it?

Don't worry. You'd ***** if they scored on those anyways.

Wings fans: WOOHOO DRAPES SCORES

Mindfly: ZOMG DRAPER HAS ONLY 7 GOALS?

Didn't watch last season's playoffs did you? Especially the SCF-series.

Oh, I guess you weren't really thinking about hockey much that late in the season.

Fixed.

I'm sure this wont get a great response, but the following statements are 100% true

-The Flames are a very physical team

-The Flames are a goonish team that plays on the edge

-The Flames get the benefit of the doubt on calls more than they should

I really cant stand the Flames, a lot about them irks me. The fact they play in a place called the Saddledome, their obnoxious goal horn that sounds for 15 minutes, and their goon show full of hotheads who can't play with discipline belongs in the movie Slap Shot.

I suppose I'll be banned for speaking my mind and so be it, but nothing in this thread is any less than 100% accurate.

I'll never understand what prompts a fan of another team to come here and start talking s***. It's like, this is Matt's house.....would you go to someone else's house and piss on their couch? Hell no. So why come to Matt's "house" and piss on his furniture? Are you that devoid of any semblance of brains?

I'm curious as to how those statements are "100%" true. I imagine your ability to be objective has a little bit to do with being a fan of the Flames, and looking down the throat of a 2-4 road trip record. ;)

At any rate, if we've gotten the benefit of the doubt in this game, it only evens up for the multitude of 3 on 5s we were arbitrarily served with in the beginning of the season. It all evens out.

It really doesn't.. the Red Wings are the 2nd least penalized team in the league, and I can assure you it has very little to do with discipline. They're a team that has gotten by on being small, soft and european and are always given a pass by the refs.

I can assure you this also has nothing to do with the game or road trip, this has been my exact thoughts.. nay.. observations about Detroit for years. Since the 90's frankly. Nothing wrong with being skilled and getting the benefit, its not your fault and the Wings arent going to ask for more penalties. But lets call a spade a spade. The stats and numbers back up everything I say... and I can assure you the music selection is obnoxious as hell. The music guy at JOe Louis is the only music guy in the NHL that if I saw I would punch him in the mouth.

Technically, only one of those "soft Euro teams" won a cup. But that still proves it can be done.

I suppose. The '02 Cup team wasn't overly tough either though. Though, I don't think the '08 team gets enough credit for their toughness. None of it really matters in the playoffs anyway.

-The Red Wings are very skilled

-The Wings are a soft euro team

I really cant stand the Red Wings, a lot about them irks me. The Hockeytown sham, their obnoxious music selections during games, and their soft flavour of hockey which belongs in Europe.

I'll bite

-True Wings are skilled.

-True, but i would prefer it called Euro style wings have a few North Americans'

-Probably, but that's mostly due to puck possession and the wings being in the offensive zone, more then their defensive zone.

That's fair you don't like the wings, a lot of people don't that's your prerogative.

Hockeytown a sham? A lot of debate has gone on about it, but if you want to give actually logical reasons go ahead, don't just say it's a sham without anything else.

Obnoxious music might rub you the wrong way, but it's their arena, a lot of other teams also do this not a big deal...

Why does it belong in Europe? Just because the european style is usually on the winning end is kinda funny to me, must be a reason a lot of teams are emulating it.

Anyways, thanks for giving me something to do.

haha it belongs in Europe but manages to win Stanley Cups in North America? Nice try dude.

Indeed, way to ownt teh Calgary flamer. This post was epic win!

Lol at the troll getting at our choice of music.

Journey > Anything played at the Saddledome

Now roll around in compound-W and disperse.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It really doesn't.. the Red Wings are the 2nd least penalized team in the league, and I can assure you it has very little to do with discipline. They're a team that has gotten by on being small, soft and european and are always given a pass by the refs.

I can assure you this also has nothing to do with the game or road trip, this has been my exact thoughts.. nay.. observations about Detroit for years. Since the 90's frankly. Nothing wrong with being skilled and getting the benefit, its not your fault and the Wings arent going to ask for more penalties. But lets call a spade a spade. The stats and numbers back up everything I say... and I can assure you the music selection is obnoxious as hell. The music guy at JOe Louis is the only music guy in the NHL that if I saw I would punch him in the mouth.

I like our European style of hockey. I like finesse, I like emphasis on skill over brawn. I like the fact it's won us championships. And for the record, Mr. Internet Tough Guy, you would NOT punch anyone in the mouth. And that's fact.

That NHL Center Ice commercial pisses me the f*** off.

Oh with the Pens fan? Yeah, that is mega-annoying.

Edited by Electrophile

Let me tell you this, you punch him in the mouth you got another thing coming!

Since the 90`s, you mean when the Flames were irrelevant in Canada, or maybe you forgot. The Wings were gritty and Canadian in the 90`s, I love Iggy but Steve Yzerman personified the term Canadian. Please dont get me started, having to listen to boneheaded Flames fans most days just pisses me off, and the music thing is just stupid. The Saddledomes music choice is brutal, it`s so bland. Kinda like the hockey team I guess.

Guest mindfly

It's just, why can't they keep hammering after that 4-1 goal, instead they get sloppy in their zone and the opponents score... its red wings 08/09 in a nutshell

what was the point of your post?

The point of my post was pretty obvious. I was posting my THOUGHTS. I will give you a review:

-The Wings are talented (Their record shows this)

-The Wings are given the benefit of the doubt by the refs due to their small size and reputation (this is easily observed and proved by 2nd least penalties in the NHL)

-The Hockeytown thing is embarrassing because the attendance is kind of shameful for a top tier NHL club who won the cup (once against proved by actual numbers)

Do you understand now?

It's just, why can't they keep hammering after that 4-1 goal, instead they get sloppy in their zone and the opponents score... its red wings 08/09 in a nutshell

STOP IT. JUST STOP IT RIGHT NOW.

Do you understand what "winning" is? It's the opposite of "losing". We, as in the Detroit Red Wings, are "winning". That's good. That's a time for no complaining.

Those stats are deceiving. They don't fight, and they don't have anyone on the roster that is known for dirty play. What you should be looking at is how many MINORS a team gets called for - that excludes majors and misconducts, which are the result of fighting and heinous play. For minors, Detroit is the 9th least penalized team. And its no shocker that Calgary is 24th, with Philly and Anaheim being the most penalized teams in the NHL. See the pattern here? Being physical brutes is going to result in more penalties, especially against teams who have no players to tango with the tough guys (see: The Wings).

Also, the Wings play a puck possession game. Meaning, they hold onto the puck as much as they, for as long as they can. How many times do you take a penalty when you have the puck, as opposed to when you don't have the puck.

-The Hockeytown thing is embarrassing because the attendance is kind of shameful for a top tier NHL club who won the cup (once against proved by actual numbers)

The other things are things we talk about here.

THIS is the one that will get you laughed at and sent out the door.

A fighting major = 5 minutes

and we have the least, that is exactly why we are the 2nd least penalized, but i do prefer cups over fights, call me crazy.

As for you sir........................... YOUR GRAPES............... THEY ARE SOUR.

Those stats are deceiving. They don't fight, and they don't have anyone on the roster that is known for dirty play. What you should be looking at is how many MINORS a team gets called for - that excludes majors and misconducts, which are the result of fighting and heinous play. For minors, Detroit is the 9th least penalized team. And its no shocker that Calgary is 24th, with Philly and Anaheim being the most penalized teams in the NHL. See the pattern here? Being physical brutes is going to result in more penalties, especially against teams who have no players to tango with the tough guys (see: The Wings).

Also, the Wings play a puck possession game. Meaning, they hold onto the puck as much as they, for as long as they can. How many times do you take a penalty when you have the puck, as opposed to when you don't have the puck.

Well said. :thumbup:

Guest Shoreline
-The Wings are given the benefit of the doubt by the refs due to their small size and reputation (this is easily observed and proved by 2nd least penalties in the NHL)

Or maybe it just might be because they're more disciplined and don't take retarded bonehead penalties the Flames took in the first? Yeah.

Ever seen any more of Detroit than before the words "Red Wings"? There's that pesky crappy economy thing going around.

Do you understand now?

Hopefully you understand now.

Dips***? O my.

The point of my post was pretty obvious. I was posting my THOUGHTS. I will give you a review:

-The Wings are talented (Their record shows this)

Do you understand now?

The referee thing is bull. If you believe that.. well your really proving your a Flames fan. The attendance thing, oh my. Another non informed one. The economy, coupled with high ticket prices make it so it`s harder for people to go to games. As well as the lower bowl tickets being held by corporate owners. The upperbowl and bleeders and always packed. Again, check your facts my friend.