• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/12 GDT: Flames 6 at Red Wings 5 (SO)

Rate this topic

Dips***? O my.

The point of my post was pretty obvious. I was posting my THOUGHTS. I will give you a review:

-The Hockeytown thing is embarrassing because the attendance is kind of shameful for a top tier NHL club who won the cup (once against proved by actual numbers)

Do you understand now?

No, why don't YOU understand something. The economy in the US, especially Detroit, is in the crapper. Is that something you're even vaguely aware of? Do you even remotely understand how completely decimated that city has been in the last 10-15 years? I'm not even from there and I get it. I grew up in Chicago, also a blue-collar town, so I know what it's like to live in a city like that. I have friends that live there. Detroit is in a butt-load of trouble money-wise, and you're crawling up their asses for that?

You are a sad, sad person.

Dips***? O my.

The point of my post was pretty obvious. I was posting my THOUGHTS. I will give you a review:

-The Wings are talented (Their record shows this)

-The Wings are given the benefit of the doubt by the refs due to their small size and reputation (this is easily observed and proved by 2nd least penalties in the NHL)

-The Hockeytown thing is embarrassing because the attendance is kind of shameful for a top tier NHL club who won the cup (once against proved by actual numbers)

Do you understand now?

Hockeytown is a marketing tool, always has been, always will be. It's just that other cities and teams think it is something that can be won and defended like the cup. As for attendance, are you like 12 and oblivious to the economic problems this country is having and Detroit being one of the hardest hit?

Calgary goons it up to start the game...some things never change.

Even if the Wings do get the benefit of the doubt on a lot of calls (which they don't, because that's stupid), you can't deny that MOST of the things the Flames have done tonight have been deserving of a penalty. I think it was good on the ref to penalize Calgary after the whistles in the first because they were the ones starting the scrums in front of the net. The Phaneuf penalty should not have been 5 minutes, but I thought it was a lot worse at full speed too. Easy mistake for the ref to make.

One thing I don't understand is how Regehr can cross check Holmstrom 50 times tonight but Holmstrom gives him a little shove and gets a penalty. Obviously I won't complain about the officiating but that makes no sense to me.

Anyways, good game for us so far. Datsyuk really wants to score, you can tell. He's had some great chances but is just snakebitten.

Also, the number one reason I want first place in the West: so we don't have to face KIPPER in the semi's. The man's standing on his head.

No, why don't YOU understand something. The economy in the US, especially Detroit, is in the crapper. Is that something you're even vaguely aware of? Do you even remotely understand how completely decimated that city has been in the last 10-15 years? I'm not even from there and I get it. I grew up in Chicago, also a blue-collar town, so I know what it's like to live in a city like that. I have friends that live there. Detroit is in a butt-load of trouble money-wise, and you're crawling up their asses for that?

You are a sad, sad person.

Don't worry about him. When the world eventually moves away from its dependency on oil, Calgary will be a ghost town, and he will understand.

Hockeytown is a marketing tool, always has been, always will be. It's just that other cities and teams think it is something that can be won and defended like the cup. As for attendance, are you like 12 and oblivious to the economic problems this country is having and Detroit being one of the hardest hit?

Windsor follows suit with the Detroit economy.

He does not understand because a cow can always be milked, a field can always be harvested and a 1st cousin can always be plowed.

Edited by Yak19

It really doesn't.. the Red Wings are the 2nd least penalized team in the league, and I can assure you it has very little to do with discipline. They're a team that has gotten by on being small, soft and european and are always given a pass by the refs.

I can assure you this also has nothing to do with the game or road trip, this has been my exact thoughts.. nay.. observations about Detroit for years. Since the 90's frankly. Nothing wrong with being skilled and getting the benefit, its not your fault and the Wings arent going to ask for more penalties. But lets call a spade a spade. The stats and numbers back up everything I say... and I can assure you the music selection is obnoxious as hell. The music guy at JOe Louis is the only music guy in the NHL that if I saw I would punch him in the mouth.

Thanks for all of the assuring, but unfortunately your logic is flat out incorrect.

By your logic:

Detroit is the 2nd least penalized team in the league THUS Detroit gets the benefit of the doubt in terms of penalties the 2nd most in the league....okay

Then also:

Detroit has the most goals in the league THUS Detroit plays opponents goaltenders on their bad nights the most often in the league

or even

Detroit is tied for the most points in the league THUS Detroit plays other teams on their bad nights the most often in the league

Although it is nice that you chose to compliment the Wing's skill, you fail to recognize that it is this skill that makes them better than other teams in almost every aspect. Teams being dominated by better teams are inclined to take more penalties.

Further, just as the Wings are more skilled than other teams at, you know, the generally skills of hockey, it is also possible that they could be more "skilled" at being discipline.

All this, of course, despite your strong assurance

No, I want them to keep singing. It's an uplifting song.....a spiritual, if you will. Naturally you'd be against anything that is positive.

Thank you. Seriously, what's it gonna take to get rid of that loser permanently?

Come on guys! Don't blow this!!!

Guest Shoreline

So far the start of the third has been like the start of the first.

Hey, Wings penalty too just the same way.

Don't worry about him. When the world eventually moves away from its dependency on oil, Calgary will be a ghost town, and he will understand.

I was born in 1982, during the height of Reaganomics and the so-called "trickle down" theory. The area I grew up in.......I wouldn't go back there in broad daylight now, even if I was carrying an aluminum bat. My dad was out of work for 6 years.....there but for the grace of God we were able to keep food on the table and our bills paid. I know what it's like to live in an area that was devoid of everything but hope. The city wasn't financially strapped, but a lot of its citizens were. I feel for Detroiters, not just in that "I feel your pain" Bill Clinton way, but I really feel it.....my family has been there.

Detroit will rise again, I am sure of it.

Edited by Electrophile

Whats also proven by actual numbers is Michigan's unemployment rate of 10.6% (i.e. at least 1 out of 10 people is unemployed), compared to the national average of 7.4.

Whats really ironic is that Alberta's unemployment rate is 3.6% - the lowest in all of Canada - while Michigan's umployment rate is the highest in all of the US.

I prefer to look at events that support the Red Wings that are free of cost, in which case 1.2 MILLION people show up, which is actually more than a third of Alberta's entire population. Fancy that.

Whats also proven by actual numbers is Michigan's unemployment rate of 10.6% (i.e. at least 1 out of 10 people is unemployed), compared to the national average of 7.4.

Whats really ironic is that Alberta's unemployment rate is 3.6% - the lowest in all of Canada - while Michigan's umployment rate is the highest in all of the US.

I prefer to look at events that support the Red Wings that are free of cost, in which case 1.2 MILLION people show up, which is actually more than a third of Alberta's entire population. Fancy that.

Alright everyone, this is the last post about that mope. So much win happening here, beautiful.