• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

4/2 GDT: Blues 5 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

Babcock is pissed because it's becoming apparent that it's a motivation issue.

Babcock is pissed because he hasn't figures out how to manage and coach one of the most talented yet underachieving wings teams of all time.

minus goaltending and there may lay the rub.

Edited by clutchngrab

Anybody seen if Babcock's comments after the game are available online? My online feed cut out right after the game and didn't get a chance to see it. :(

If you can find them it's worth it if only to catch the look on his face and sound of his voice when he ends the interview.

Zeee Wings are going to be skating their bags off at some point this weekend. :P

Anyone else thinking that the Wings should sign Franzen, part ways with Hossa and go after a goalie and another defenseman?

The post game interview is up on Red Wings tv.

It's Kronner, Conks and Babs.

Unfortunately, I have the world's slowest dial-up, and after 2 hours of downloading, it only got me the first 44 seconds of the 1:18 total, which means it cut off Babs. Then it conked out. :rolleyes:

Thought I'd pass that along for you faster folks. I'll just have to go to the mall tomorrow to watch it in high-speed.

Edited by 55fan

where has brad stuart been all season?

Hanging around the net making bad decisions? If you don't see him there look for the guy standing alone after trying to make the big hit instead of the safe defensive play. :ranting:

Wow! 15986 views of this GDT. The rest of the NHL fans must be feeling very good right now.

I'll bet they are particularly enjoying our squabbles about Conklin and Ozzie. :pokey:

I suspect the posts about "not watching the Wings anymore because they are not holding up their end in our relationship" bring them great pleasure too. :blush:

Defense showed up first class again... I totally am getting what all you are saying that our Defense is fine and its all the goalie fault... Conklin sucked ass last night. He made that one glove save from 60feet in the first though. I thought it was silly with the crowd cheering as loud as they did for it. Little did i know that would be his only save of the game. Poor conks, he is NOTHING more than a backup. so sad.

To all those saying the Defense is playing alright... what the f*** are you watching? I suppose you are just a victim of watching the action via the TV screen and at the mercy of the camera man... cause if you actually watch the plays develope away from the camera you will notice how much like ass they are playing...individually and as a whole.

This game was exactly like I thought it would. No effort from the wings (havent been there in a good 2 weeks now) so it was expected. I laughed watching Backes go all the way from 26 goals to 30 in one game... he must be on top of the world.

As other posters have said both this year and in years past, its not the opponent that anyone is worrying about. Its Detroit. They're their own worst enemy.

I have mad love for Datsyuk this season. The list of guys who have given their effort 100% night in and night out starts and stops with him. No Lidstrom. No Zetterberg. No Hossa or Franzen. Hes the only guy who has had any accountability for the entire 70-some games. Hes really a special player, and has turned into an incredible leader.

+ to the bolded parts; ++ to the bolded and italicized parts. i honestly cannot tell you what is up with lids and zetterberg this season...i mean, they've both had relatively good seasons, numbers-wise. z is currently at a .94 points-per-game clip and a .42 goals-per-game clip, compared to his .57 GPG and 1.2 PPG rates of last year--obviously down, but not awful. lids's numbers (incl. +/-) are down quite a bit from last year (though his goals total is the highest its been in a few years)....but to me, the numbers aren't the issue. i just see lidstrom screwing up a lot of defensive plays and keep-the-puck-in-at-the-line plays that he made 99% of the time the last two years. zetterberg is still playing with skill, but, as much as i hate to say it, i see very little heart from him this year.

dastyuk, on the other hand, looks like he's doing his damndest almost every single shift. he's chippy, he's in people's faces, he's lowering shoulders, all while playing his amazingly skillful game. i know this has been discussed to death, but think of this: datsyuk is 25 points ahead of the second-place points-getter on our team. he's in the 90s--there's no one in the 80s, and no one else even in the 70s. that is unbelievable to me. i know the dude can't speak english, but i think yzerman (not that i'm making an overall comparison here) showed that you don't need to talk a lot to lead. i think nick's shown that, too. whether datsyuk would be a great captain i think is debatable (i don't think it's a good idea to just give the C to your best player) but the dude leads by example in his play and in his night-in-night-out effort. a lot of our other players have shown flashes of brilliance...but jesus.

anyway, long rant to support your post. :) if, by some small chance, we win the cup this year, i think safe money says datsyuk wins the MVP.

on another side note that no one will read, :lol: nights that i work, i have to work at 10pm, which is always really frustrating because i can watch most of the game, then listen to all but the last 5-10 minutes of the game on my commute...then have to go punch in. i pulled into the parking lot to hear us tie it 4-4, and was like, alright, at least i can go in to work knowing its tied. then right as i was about to shut my car off, the blues scored again. i was so, so mad. i was pounding my steering wheel and yelling "f*** my life!" over and over again. then i had to work. *sigh* oh, well.

glad to hear babcock is pissed. like others, i keep hoping that this game is the one they turn it around on, and i still believe that the next one will be. but look on the bright side: jersey, a cup contentender to most, is 3-6-1 in their last ten, and have lost six straight, being outscored 19-7 in that span. the infalliable martin brodeur was in goal for all of those losses. *shrug*

like others have said, i won't panic until we're in an elimination game in the playoffs, and i won't say that we're not going to win a cup until we're on the golf course.

anyway, that's my whole GTD posting wrapped up in one post. sorry if my spelling is really awful--i'm at school and they don't have spellchecker on the browsers here; my spellchecker-less spelling is amazingly terrible for someone who's about to graduate college...

I would love to know why the f*** we are not willing to dump in chase. EVER! Make Cleary actually useful because he tends to do good on those, Mule does good on those also.

Edited by ben_usmc

I always find it funny when people make comments such as the Wings aren't "trying". Like you know they're not giving 100%. Like they don't give a s*** about the game. Do people realize how much they'd get laughed at if you actually told that to any professional athlete.

I would love to know why the f*** we are not willing to dump in chase. EVER! Make Cleary actually useful because he tends to do good on those, Mule does good on those also.

Carrying the puck into the zone really hasn't been one of the Wings' problems this season. Are you asking this because you'd like to see the Wings start working down low in the zone more often or for some other reason?

The Wings have a history of coasting into the post season. They don't care about the President's trophy. They will get W # 50, but it might be the last game of the season. They haven't lost the ability to play.They have not collapsed or imploded. There is a "majical switch" and it will get turned on. None of the coaching staff need to be fired. They want a tank full of gas and a healthy team going into the playoffs. That's all. After Bettman has to hand Stanley over to Lids, again, in the Joe, Y'all will see that what I speak is truth.

edit: i think it would be a riot if Nick starts singing the "filet-o-fish" song as he goes up to bettman to get the cup. i know, i know. I'm pretty weird.

gimme back that stanley cup. gimme that cup.

gimme back that stanley cup. gimme that cup.

I'm glad it is you GB, that has to hand me the cup.

Since we're the Wings, not the Pens,

You ain't laughing at aaaaaalllllllllllllll.

Edited by HOCKEY MATTERS

I always find it funny when people make comments such as the Wings aren't "trying". Like you know they're not giving 100%. Like they don't give a s*** about the game. Do people realize how much they'd get laughed at if you actually told that to any professional athlete.

Well Babcock has said it himself

Carrying the puck into the zone really hasn't been one of the Wings' problems this season. Are you asking this because you'd like to see the Wings start working down low in the zone more often or for some other reason?

Also yes it has been part of the problem especially on the PP, they tried to cross the line for a good 30 sec a few times and couldn't. But on top of just the refusal to dump in chase a cycle down low would be nice also. It appears that when we are in there zone there is absolutely no room to work. But in ours the space is to move is amazing.

Also yes it has been part of the problem especially on the PP, they tried to cross the line for a good 30 sec a few times and couldn't. But on top of just the refusal to dump in chase a cycle down low would be nice also. It appears that when we are in there zone there is absolutely no room to work. But in ours the space is to move is amazing.

I respectfully disagree. It is more apparent when the team tries to carry on the PP since teams are more concerned with holding the blueline in a PK situation, but carrying into the zone this season hasn't been a problem, especially compared to previous seasons.

Every team has this issue from time-to-time. If you believe the Wings have it more so than other teams, its likely because other teams don't have the talent up front to carry across the blueline and *have to* dump-and-chase.

I can get on board with this. It was nice to see the Blues back off Z when he was behind the net and holding the puck while the Wings were on the PP last night. Personally, I'd like to see more cycling with the off wing cheating down the near face-off circle setting up for a one timer. When the Wings have done that this season its worked really well.

I respectfully disagree. It is more apparent when the team tries to carry on the PP since teams are more concerned with holding the blueline in a PK situation, but carrying into the zone this season hasn't been a problem, especially compared to previous seasons.

Every team has this issue from time-to-time. If you believe the Wings have it more so than other teams, its likely because other teams don't have the talent up front to carry across the blueline and *have to* dump-and-chase.

I can get on board with this. It was nice to see the Blues back off Z when he was behind the net and holding the puck while the Wings were on the PP last night. Personally, I'd like to see more cycling with the off wing cheating down the near face-off circle setting up for a one timer. When the Wings have done that this season its worked really well.

On the 2nd statement you are probably right, but I'm sure if we dumped and chased it would work if for the sole purpose of people not even expecting it from them. I also think it would help players like Cleary (sorry but he has been my biggest disappointment; well him and Ozzy). But anyway I think it would help our "bangers" anyway, Draper/Maltby/Kopecky/Cleary they aren't as good stick handlers as the other so dump in and for check.

On the 2nd statement you are probably right, but I'm sure if we dumped and chased it would work if for the sole purpose of people not even expecting it from them. I also think it would help players like Cleary (sorry but he has been my biggest disappointment; well him and Ozzy). But anyway I think it would help our "bangers" anyway, Draper/Maltby/Kopecky/Cleary they aren't as good stick handlers as the other so dump in and for check.

I completely agree with this. Keep in mind I was referring to the top 2 lines and their ability to carry and hold the puck.

As for our bottom 2 lines, dump-and-chase would be a more effective system as long as they forecheck hard and are strong down low. Guys like Cleary, Kopecky, Draper and Maltby have no excuse not to be.

I think you're being a little overly hostile; he's generally a respectful poster, and a genuine fan of our team. I guess whether or not you laugh has to do with how you feel about this pitiful effort. I felt like laughing too, because if I got depressed after each pathetic showing this team has given us this season I'd have jumped off a building by now.

Honestly, we're 77 games through the season, and there's SO much uncertainty. Our goaltending has been terrible as of late, regardless of who has been in net. And with 5 games remaining until the playoffs, our defense looks the same as it did in game 1. I would absolutely love to see the press conference after the game, as I missed it, because Babcock needs to lay into this team. When your defense is being paid a total of about 25 million dollars (highest in the league?), you expect it to be the best in the league. Both of our goalies are good, but not great. They're not the type of goalies that can steal a game like the goalies they'll be going up against in the playoffs (Kipper, Nabby, Roloson, etc). Last year we won because of our defense, but that's this year's achilles-heel. How does that happen?

I totally agree with the second paragraph of your post. Thanks for expressing my views as well.

As for your first paragraph, I repeat. I.did.not.know.this.poster.as.a.friend.of.this.board.

I was reacting to his post, which consisted of "lol"? And I loved Syntax's reponse to him, and I was telling Syntax that as well as questioning Duck Guy's motives. But it's ok. I do not plan to ever respond to anything he says again. Life's too damn short to get embroiled in this kind of cacapoopoo again.

The post game interview is up on Red Wings tv.

It's Kronner, Conks and Babs.

Unfortunately, I have the world's slowest dial-up, and after 2 hours of downloading, it only got me the first 44 seconds of the 1:18 total, which means it cut off Babs. Then it conked out. :rolleyes:

Thought I'd pass that along for you faster folks. I'll just have to go to the mall tomorrow to watch it in high-speed.

THANKS! I'm gonna go check it out as we speak.

THANKS! I'm gonna go check it out as we speak.

I just checked it out and Babcock makes some comments at the end about how they're not playing up to their potential but there's no bombshell reaction at the end. They may have cut that part out which is really a shame. Whatever he said it better light a fire in their bellies or under their butts - whichever comes first.

Ehhh, playing a team fighting for their playoff light, I expected to get out hustled tonight. We are without 2 of our top 4 D-Men so I expected defensive break downs. And yes, I'll let you pick which of Stuart and Kronwall are the number 5 D-Man because they both are horrible.

Everything is fine. The Wings are just getting the central teams in the playoffs so the Wings don't have to do the long travel's to the West Coast and we can actually have hockey games end at 10pm and not 2am.

The Blues managed to win 1 game against your team and you freak like this? This shows a remarkable lack of confidence with a defending Stanley Cup team. What is your problem!?! LET'S GO BLUES!!
Who knew that Skeletor had a happy side!

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/morning-s...me-of-the-year/