• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Wing

When Pavel Met Evgeni--The turning point of the series

Rate this topic

He should expect his foot to be targeted? Honestly, I figured a lot of shots and passes would be bouncing off of Pavel's feet by the basket load 'cause at least you can say you didn't mean it. I didn't think they were THAT dumb...but I guess they are. Talbot's actions were clearly trying re-injure Pav's foot. It's the lowlife kind of thing Gary Roberts tried on Franzen last time around.

It's no way to try to win and it just backfires on you. If you're unsuccessful, you just piss the other team off and look like the s***head you are and if you are successful, the other team will take your star's head off next. It shows that Talbot knows they have no chance in Hell to beat the Wings fairly.

Well the hockey season either has 24 or 96 hours to go I for one hope it's the latter...Hold serve at home and take your chances Friday night trying to win one game out of four in Detroit...

Journalists and fans can say all they want about momentum and turning points or whatever, but at least for this series they have meant jack. The Red Wings were supposed to blow the Penguins out of the water after winning the first 2. The Penguins got all the momentum and the Red Wings are old and tired after the Penguins took the next 2. Jordan Staal's shorthanded goal changed the complection of the entire series. Look what happened in game 5 then. I'm not putting much stock in a hard hit in game 5 either being any kind of turning point either.

If Malkin was smart, he would've acted like he'd been shot, like Franzen did Saturday Night. Seriously, I haven't seen a dive like that since Greg Louganis. Great job of selling it, Johan!

Malkin, you mean that ***** #2 pick that was being OUTPLAYED by a guy picked 210th???????? If he needs diving lessons he needs only to watch Sissy, I mean Sidney, the #1 pick that Zetterberg also out played!!!!!!!!!! When it comes to class those two missed the CL............

If Malkin was smart, he would've acted like he'd been shot, like Franzen did Saturday Night. Seriously, I haven't seen a dive like that since Greg Louganis. Great job of selling it, Johan!

Waaaaa waaaaaa waaaa. And your team has a lot to talk about when it comes to diving??? lol

Malkin, you mean that ***** #2 pick that was being OUTPLAYED by a guy picked 210th???????? If he needs diving lessons he needs only to watch Sissy, I mean Sidney, the #1 pick that Zetterberg also out played!!!!!!!!!! When it comes to class those two missed the CL............

Did Maltby, or did Maltby not smack Crosby in the back with his stick? Of course -- and here's the difference -- no call.

(So much for that Bettman conspiracy huh?)

Franzen, on the other hand, milked what was essentially a shoulder hit by Malkin -- the main contact is in the shoulder region as the replay shows -- by holding his hand to his face. And of course, that did draw a penalty. You can't even compare that little acting job with anything Crosby did.

Maltby just stick-whacked Crosby in the back because he thought nobody was looking -- Malkin's hit was at least part of legitimate play. Which is why I have to laugh when people bring up Crosby's fall vs. Franzen's little acting job.

Did Maltby, or did Maltby not smack Crosby in the back with his stick? Of course -- and here's the difference -- no call.

Franzen, on the other hand, milked what was essentially a shoulder hit by Malkin -- the main contact is in the shoulder region as the replay shows -- by holding his hand to his face. And of course, that did draw a penalty. You can't even compare that little acting job with anything Crosby did.

Maltby just stick-whacked Crosby in the back because he thought nobody was looking -- Malkin's hit was at least part of legitimate play. Which is why I have to laugh when people bring up Crosby's fall vs. Franzen's little acting job.

Why do you insist on bringing up this ridiculous dive over and over and over again?

Regardless of whether it is part of legitimate play, it was still a shot to the head.

And you have no idea if he was acting or not. You are just stirring up s*** for the sake of stirring up s***. At least if Franzen embellished he didn't look like an ass doing so.

The turning point in Game 5 was clearly was the killed penalty.

That was huge, especially with the way the Wings have just been handing over 1 to 2 PP goals over to each team they face every single game.

Games 1 & 2 the better team (and goalie) won by two goals. Nice tight hockey games, but the team w/ the better goalie and chances won.

Game 3 could have gone either way.

Game 4 the Penguins controlled.

Game 5 was pure Wings domination.

That was huge, especially with the way the Wings have just been handing over 1 to 2 PP goals over to each team they face every single game.

Games 1 & 2 the better team (and goalie) won by two goals. Nice tight hockey games, but the team w/ the better goalie and chances won.

Agreed, I was pissed at the early power play for the Pens but the Wings killed it off and it definitely gave them a boost. The crowd was cheering them on pretty loud for the Joe too considering it was a PK.

Games 2 and 3 could've gone either way. Game 2 the Pens easily could have had 5 goals if not for the post god.

You give credit to Osgood for the first two, you don't mention Fleury outplayed him in game 3.

Yeah, he's still not as good as good of a diver as Crosby though, nor does he have NHL sanctioned support from the refs.

Why do you insist on bringing up this ridiculous dive over and over and over again?

As much as I hate Crosby... I don't think that was a dive (at least the initial reaction). Maltby slashed Cryby in the back of the knee. It was cheap and Maltby's lucky it wasn't called, but Cryby deserves it.

Obviously, turning points are identified in hindsight and for all we know (though I doubt it) a turning point could eventually be identified as happening tonight or in game 4.

The successful pk on it's own isn't much. Pavel rocking Malkin and taking the puck away with ease showed everyone that he is certainly in game shape and then some. It showed that Zetterberg will have very capable help with dealing with 87 and 71, esp. in Pittsburgh. We remembered that we have 3 bona fide superstar forwards to their two and they are all great two-way players. Franzen is no slouch either.

How have we played Pittsburgh two years in a row and yet so many people still spell it "pittsburg" ?

Have you seen this board spell Fedorov?

Have you seen this board spell Fedorov?

Or your, you're, their, there, they're, et cetera. Sometimes I find myself becoming dumber after reading threads. Almost as dumb as Lindstrom.

Or your, you're, their, there, they're, et cetera. Sometimes I find myself becoming dumber after reading threads. Almost as dumb as Lindstrom.

LOL

Great points.

Yeah, he's still not as good as good of a diver as Crosby though, nor does he have NHL sanctioned support from the refs.

Again -- Crosby whacked in back with stick, no call.

Was that part of the sanction plan too?

Franzen hit in shoulder mostly during legit hockey play, gets the call.

Maybe that was sanctioned too?

Old myths die hard.

Again -- Crosby whacked in back with stick, no call.

Was that part of the sanction plan too?

Franzen hit in shoulder mostly during legit hockey play, gets the call.

Maybe that was sanctioned too?

Old myths die hard.

I could have jumped in to help you out at keeping conspiracy theorists away. Then you make the bolded part of your statement. It ruins your argument because it shows that you have lost objectivity, just like your adversary. Shoot straight, and there are a lot of posters on here that will get your back. Just a suggestion.

I could have jumped in to help you out at keeping conspiracy theorists away. Then you make the bolded part of your statement. It ruins your argument because it shows that you have lost objectivity, just like your adversary. Shoot straight, and there are a lot of posters on here that will get your back. Just a suggestion.

Why? Watch the play again -- Malkin mostly hits with the shoulder. There may be elbow contact, but it's minimal. Certainly not up to the "I've been shot! Call 911!" reaction Franzen gave. If that's a penalty, fine, but can you really compare it to just walking up and whacking a guy between the shoulder blades with your stick?

There's a lot of other stuff I could point to, like Zetterberg cross checking Crosby earlier on in the game, and no call. This isn't to complain, it's just to point out how ridiculous the whole conspiracy thing is. As much as I appreciate your offer, I don't really need help to crush that myth like a bug.

By the way, that's not to suggest Crosby was an angel either -- but he got called for what he did. See my point?

Thanks for commenting.