• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

thegreat66

No one wants this cup more than Crosby

Rate this topic

They were all busy going to the store to return their jerseys. Of course they bought them all back this morning.

Its funny you say that because I overheard a conversation in my office and this girl said she really wanted to get a Fleury jersey, but then he got blown out on Saturday and didn't want it anymore. Now she said she wants one again. LOL Afterwards, she said she's a fair weather fan. At least she knows it. lol

In a court of law, your "testimony" would be thrown out as hearsay. I'm hoping as a Wings' fan that it's just one more drubbing like our Game 7 playoff in '02 against the Avs. But I know and understand that's wishful thinkiing.

Meanwhile, lotsa luck on being considered credible here.

It's hard to disagree. The Pens are going to extreme lengths to get the cup. Blatant slashing. Obvious tripping. Undeniable elbows to the head. All the things the league and Bettman have said won't be tolerated....are being tolerated, if it's the Pens committing the infraction.

The refs usually put the whistle in thier pockets in the Finals, but can anyone deny that the Pens are getting away with murder. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but what is one to think when such liberties are taken and not held accountable?

Sure, Cindy and the boys want the cup real bad. The only difference between their method of attaining it and the Wings method is class. The goonery must make Y'all proud.

I would think after Saturday Night's whistle party thrown for the benefit of the Detroit Red Wings you might not still be complaining about the ref treatment. Oh well.

You have to admit, the top poster has a point about that "we can't be beat with Dats back!" thing.

Can't you just congratulate the opponent for a job well done, and look forward to the treat of having a Game 7?

Crosby is coasting in the slipstream of others.

well at least both teams have a player doing that whom both "want it bad"

makes it a level playing field actually

I would think after Saturday Night's whistle party thrown for the benefit of the Detroit Red Wings you might not still be complaining about the ref treatment. Oh well.

You have to admit, the top poster has a point about that "we can't be beat with Dats back!" thing.

Can't you just congratulate the opponent for a job well done, and look forward to the treat of having a Game 7?

hahahahaahha.

Are you saying he's Marian Hossa or something?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

How original. You're here talking about calls and Hossa.

You have to realizethe drive of someone like Sydney Crosby. Throw the home ice out the window- the fact the Penguins have not won in Detroit yet just makes me more confident they will on Friday- law of averages fellas. And I have to tell you- life is sort of like the stock market- when conventional wisdom is so certain of a particular outcome you can almost bet the opposite is going to happen. I was listening to a talkshow the other day and Clark Gillies and some others were guests essentially saying Detroit was a lock to win it. LOL, this is the plot twist I was telling you about. It's just not in the cards for Detroit this year- a 1 game season to win the Cup!! Are you kidding me!?

So much for Pens not being able to win with Dats in the lineup. Bottom line- Crosby wants this thing more than Zetterberg or anyone on Detroit. Sid is coming to Detroit and he's bringing hell with him!!

I guess you weren't around last year when all the talk was about how the Penguins were "younger and hungrier" than the Wings, and all that hunger led to a two-game trip to Detroit, after which the Penguins left having not scored a single goal.

I do find it pretty funny that you root for the one person that has more media exposure than the whole rest of the league combined and you can't spell his name right.

Wasn't the "highly driven and motivated" Cindy Crosby -1 with a grand total of 1 shot in the Pens win in game 6? All that shows me is that Z is still dominating his ass.............just imagine what would happen if Z "wanted the Cup" as much as Cindy.

I didn't know posting logical assertions is "trolling".

Your argument was basically "everything points to a Wings win, which means the opposite is going to happen, because Friday's Opposite Day." I'd like to hear how that's logical. Kind of sounds like the opposite of logic actually.

You have to realizethe drive of someone like Sydney Crosby. Throw the home ice out the window- the fact the Penguins have not won in Detroit yet just makes me more confident they will on Friday- law of averages fellas. And I have to tell you- life is sort of like the stock market- when conventional wisdom is so certain of a particular outcome you can almost bet the opposite is going to happen. I was listening to a talkshow the other day and Clark Gillies and some others were guests essentially saying Detroit was a lock to win it. LOL, this is the plot twist I was telling you about. It's just not in the cards for Detroit this year- a 1 game season to win the Cup!! Are you kidding me!?

So much for Pens not being able to win with Dats in the lineup. Bottom line- Crosby wants this thing more than Zetterberg or anyone on Detroit. Sid is coming to Detroit and he's bringing hell with him!!

:rolleyes:

Are you the same guy on Freep.com who said that "Sydney" was the best player of all time?

Edited by Hockeytown0001

I didn't know posting logical assertions is "trolling". No offense taken, I'll chalk it up to emotions running high this time of year.

You're stirrling the pot, lol. It's like wearing a penguins jersey at JLA and trying to start a Crosby chant, lol.

:rolleyes:

Are you the same guy on Freep.com who said that "Sydney" was the best player of all time?

I think what the author meant was "Sydney" was the player on the Penguins of all time.

Sydney Crosby.

I stopped reading right there.

So, is this your 1st or 2nd year as a Penguins fan? And yes, I'm dead serious.

Edit: looks like I was beaten to it by others.

Edited by tux

I stopped reading right there.

So, is this your 1st or 2nd year as a Penguins fan? And yes, I'm dead serious.

Approximately 30th year- started following Pens in 1979- Peter Lee, Dennis Heron, Ron Stackhouse, etc. LOL- there were some lean times in Pittsburgh.