• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

miller76

Joe Sakic announces his retirement

Rate this topic

Shocking and sad news...Sakic will always be one of my all time favourites together with Yzerman...

This is exactly how I feel. Sakic to me was always like an Yzerman Jr.

And as was stated earlier no matter how much I hated the Avalanche I could never hate Joe Sakic.

Sad day for hockey =(

Sad day indeed. I'll never forget Sakic trying his darnest to hold the wall of players from falling on top of Draper when Lemieux cross checked him.

class act.

it's guys like sakic and yzerman that SHOULD have represented the face of the league more...unlike what we have now.

classy guys that play the game at a very, very high level. s***ty to see joe go out on a crutch and an unfinished season, but he'll be remembered as one of the best regardless.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Sakic will be missed. A class act all the way. Great player.

Always had tons of respect and really enjoyed watching Joe Sakic play the game! He was the only Avalanch i actually liked during the rivalry.

It's hard to hate Sakic. He was great for hockey, the end of an era of great leadership. How we go from Yzerman and Sakic to Crosby is beyond me.

Here's to a great career. First ballot HOF, without a doubt.

One of the players on the Avs during the rivalry that I not only respected, but actually really liked.

That said. This thread is about Joe Sakic, not Sidney Crosby. Let's keep it on track.

This is too bad.. Always loved Burnaby Joe. Class act, he was my second fav player next to Stevie Y of course :thumbup:

Even with the rivalry I don't know how anyone could hate Sakic aside from the stereotypical "I hate everything Avalanche related" comments.

Hell of a player and a stand-up guy!

Always wanted to hate Sakic and never could.

Extremely clutch player with a wicked shot and very good two-way play as well.

Would have been a great Red Wing! :)

Ok so I started reading this thread, and Jedi said exactly what I wanted to say so I figured I would quote it, then I found half of the board saying what I wanted to say.

I will leave it at this:

CLASS ACT :thumbup:

I "hated" Sakic when he scored on us, which was quite a bit. But always thought this guy was a total class act. He was to the Avs/Nordiques what Stevie was to the Wings. I had total respect for him and it went to a new level in 01 when he didn't even lift the Cup over his head just took it and handed it right to Ray Bourque. I got chills watching that. Have a great retirement Joe, you've earned it.

Edited by StevieY9802

Guest micah

Thanks for being the kind of guy the kids can look up to, Joe!

Also, way to stand up to Gilmour when you were challenged. You were good enough that you could have skated away and people would have given you a pass, but instead you pummeled him. I love that clip. Leaders don't take s***. Well done.