• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

Top 20 players

Rate this topic

GMR i see your reasoning for putting him ahead of Dats but wouldnt you say Malkin is above Sid by the way your grading Sid against Dats should Geno not be ahead of crosby? Regular season they are equal, both tore it up in the postseason and Malkin stayed healthy

GMR i see your reasoning for putting him ahead of Dats but wouldnt you say Malkin is above Sid by the way your grading Sid against Dats should Geno not be ahead of crosby? Regular season they are equal, both tore it up in the postseason and Malkin stayed healthy

Malkin

Yeah, I see your point, and I could have easily swapped the two. I just decided Crosby was a better player, but it was really a wash. They both have the hardware and playoff success to judge them equally. Crosby's better at faceoffs and is better in front of the net. Malkin has a better shot. Both are great passers. Both about equal defensively.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Henrik Zetterberg.

That is all.

I'm glad that someone else agrees. I dunno if I need to put in my vote again for every round, by I say Zetterberg again. This guy is probably THE person I would want to build my team around right now.

I'm glad that someone else agrees. I dunno if I need to put in my vote again for every round, by I say Zetterberg again. This guy is probably THE person I would want to build my team around right now.

Malkin is going to be my next vote. Yes over Zetterberg. Z's back scares the hell out of me.

I would build my team around Zetterberg over Datsyuk as well. I foresee Zetterberg being the next captain of this team, not Datsyuk. However, due to Z's injuries during the regular season over his career thus far, he hasn't broken some of the marks that Dats has. That is NOT to say he isn't as good as Datsyuk, because I believe the two are extremely comparable and both world class players. I just think Dats wins out with lady luck by, say, a 1% margin due to his production consecutively each season. This, of course, excludes last years playoffs when he was injured and came back to be snake bitten. Zetterberg was FANTASTIC at covering Crosby.

I don't know. I think due to publicity, a slight advantage in experience, and better luck with staying healthy, that Dats gets the nod at the moment over Z. However, this season could be entirely different.

I would build a team around Zetterberg. Detroit just has the great option of being able to build a team around BOTH Zetterberg AND Datsyuk. Hell, and Franzen too.

I would build my team around Zetterberg over Datsyuk as well. I foresee Zetterberg being the next captain of this team, not Datsyuk. However, due to Z's injuries during the regular season over his career thus far, he hasn't broken some of the marks that Dats has. That is NOT to say he isn't as good as Datsyuk, because I believe the two are extremely comparable and both world class players. I just think Dats wins out with lady luck by, say, a 1% margin due to his production consecutively each season. This, of course, excludes last years playoffs when he was injured and came back to be snake bitten. Zetterberg was FANTASTIC at covering Crosby.

I don't know. I think due to publicity, a slight advantage in experience, and better luck with staying healthy, that Dats gets the nod at the moment over Z. However, this season could be entirely different.

I would build a team around Zetterberg. Detroit just has the great option of being able to build a team around BOTH Zetterberg AND Datsyuk. Hell, and Franzen too.

Hank has consistently been better in the playoffs than Pavel. Also, last year Datsyuk was never good in the playoffs, even before his injuries occurred.

The only reason I didn't rank Hank higher is because his offensive numbers were too low last year for such an elite player. Thus, it's fair to ask how much of his offensive production in the past occurred due to Datsyuk?

Malkin

putting Z or Dats above Geno and Sid is tough

Z has a bad back and is coming off a sub-par season

Dats didnt do much in the post season

IF Dats and Z didnt have those problems you could put them before both Sid and Geno

The top 5 fowards imo

1 Ovie

2 Geno

3 Sid

4 Dats

5 Z and Getz

For the record, when asked after the playoffs this year who the best player was Sid said... 1on1 it was Ovi, but overall he said it was Zetterberg and mentioned that Z is the hardest player to play against in the league. This is according to a talk radio show I heard online-- Fan 960 (Calgary).

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I don't know why I am bothering but I'll vote Datsyuk again.

You'd think being nominated for league MVP and winning the Selke would put you in elite territory.

Now he's lost to Crosby.........make me ******* puke (why, because of the playoffs? because he and Malkin racked it up against the defensive dynasties that are Washington, Carolina and Philly) meanwhile Datsyuk has been the most consistent player over the past 2 years and was banged up in the playoffs like much of the Wings?

Well if Crosby, for reasons given by GMR is better than Datsyuk, then Malkin has to be better than Datsyuk.

s*** you would have to put Parise ahead of Datsyuk too with that line of thinking.

Ah f*** it, I still vote Datsyuk

Go sell crazy somewhere you non Datsyuk voters. :P

I don't know why I am bothering but I'll vote Datsyuk again.

You'd think being nominated for league MVP and winning the Selke would put you in elite territory.

Now he's lost to Crosby.........make me ******* puke (why, because of the playoffs? because he and Malkin racked it up against the defensive dynasties that are Washington, Carolina and Philly) meanwhile Datsyuk has been the most consistent player over the past 2 years and was banged up in the playoffs like much of the Wings?

Well if Crosby, for reasons given by GMR is better than Datsyuk, then Malkin has to be better than Datsyuk.

s*** you would have to put Parise ahead of Datsyuk too with that line of thinking.

Ah f*** it, I still vote Datsyuk

Go sell crazy somewhere you non Datsyuk voters. :P

Didn't you know? All around play has nothing to do with who's the best. C'mon man... get with the program.

You gotta alter your thinking like GMR and vote for who you think everyone else would vote for... nationally. It's the only way. Stop thinking for yourself. You're complicating it.

Edited by Broken 16

Didn't you know? All around play has nothing to do with who's the best. C'mon man... get with the program.

You gotta alter your thinking like GMR and vote for who you think everyone else would vote for... nationally. It's the only way. Stop thinking for yourself. You're complicating it.

Yeah, that's what I'm basing it on. :rolleyes:

I've explained a million times why I'm voting for Crosby and Malkin ahead of Datsyuk, yet you come up with this s***ty interpretation. Nice going, dude. Way to counter my posts.

I'm actually one of the few posters that's explaining why I'm ranking them the way I do instead of just blindly writing names. All around play means s*** when your star player isn't putting up numbers in the clutch. Scoring points in the playoffs is more important than being a shut-down center only. Datsyuk isn't a 3rd line checking forward, but he played like it in the playoffs. I'll take Crosby's scoring over Datsyuk's great defense but no scoring any day. Excuse me for wanting an all-star to actually score goals in the playoffs.

Anyway, I'm tired of restating the same s***, but I just don't like to be misinterpreted.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Yeah, that's what I'm basing it on. :rolleyes:

I've explained a million times why I'm voting for Crosby and Malkin ahead of Datsyuk, yet you come up with this s***ty interpretation. Nice going, dude. Way to counter my posts.

I'm actually one of the few posters that's explaining why I'm ranking them the way I do instead of just blindly writing names. All around play means s*** when your star player isn't putting up numbers in the clutch. Scoring points in the playoffs is more important than being a shut-down center only. Datsyuk isn't a 3rd line checking forward, but he played like it in the playoffs. I'll take Crosby's scoring over Datsyuk's great defense but no scoring any day. Excuse me for wanting an all-star to actually score goals in the playoffs.

Anyway, I'm tired of restating the same s***, but I just don't like to be misinterpreted.

You cited national perspective more than once. No need to bring out the 'misrepresented' card.

You cited national perspective more than once. No need to bring out the 'misrepresented' card.

I only cited it because what's his face kept criticizing me for picking Crosby, and I just pointed out that I wasn't the only one doing so.

You made it sound like that was my only argument for picking him, which it clearly wasn't, since I've stated other reasons for doing so. So yeah, you did misquote my posts in a way. Nice try.

Does anyone have a reason for picking Datsyuk other than two-way play? Not from what I've seen.

This whole topic depends on what attributes you judge as most important, hence it's purely subjective. The OP didn't say pick the top 20 two-way players, or else my votes would have been different.

Edited by GMRwings1983

I only cited it because what's his face kept criticizing me for picking Crosby, and I just pointed out that I wasn't the only one doing so.

You made it sound like that was my only argument for picking him, which it clearly wasn't, since I've stated other reasons for doing so. So yeah, you did misquote my posts in a way. Nice try.

Does anyone have a reason for picking Datsyuk other than two-way play? Not from what I've seen.

This whole topic depends on what attributes you judge as most important, hence it's purely subjective. The OP didn't say pick the top 20 two-way players, or else my votes would have been different.

Regardless... you cited it. Hence, you weren't misrepresented. Now you're misrepresenting me by saying I misrepresented you.