• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

11iscoming

a partner for pasha and the mule

Rate this topic

^ Yep.

I remember a part of the game, 5 ON 5, where Holmstrom was a pain the butt to Huet and almost resulted in a goal.

Of course I remember the brainfart of accidentally icing before the Chicago goal.

Didn't quite get out of the zone which Holmstorm played a part of, but he had zilch to do with a freakish bounce of a skate to where Chicago had a tick-tack-toe play for that first goal. Lidstrom's goal was supposed to be a pass and bounced off a skate as well, let's not forget. Thems the breaks soemtimes.

And there was the PP goal where he did his job.

I personally like to consider BOTH the good AND the bad in a game. I will never be able to fully grasp and understand why some people just waste so much energy obsessively disliking people or trying to find out/pointing out faults over and over again and being so pissed off. EDIT: Especially when, unless you read or hear otherwise, it's slim/none that he's not going to be benched or having the night off, etc.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

^ Yep.

I remember a part of the game, 5 ON 5, where Holmstrom was a pain the butt to Huet and almost resulted in a goal.

Of course I remember the brainfart of accidentally icing before the Chicago goal.

Didn't quite get out of the zone which Holmstorm played a part of, but he had zilch to do with a freakish bounce of a skate to where Chicago had a tick-tack-toe play for that first goal. Lidstrom's goal was supposed to be a pass and bounced off a skate as well, let's not forget. Thems the breaks soemtimes.

And there was the PP goal where he did his job.

I personally like to consider BOTH the good AND the bad in a game. I will never be able to fully grasp and understand why some people just waste so much energy obsessively disliking people or trying to find out/pointing out faults over and over again and being so pissed off.

They are moosefarts, imho. They need to step away from the monitor, go out into life and meet some real live people. The solitude of the Interweb has dulled their manners in communicating with others.

I am not one to come on here and bash on a player. Unless it was Lang, because he's lazy and he sucks :P

HOWEVER.....It was impossible to not notice the worst shift by an individual player in the tilt last night. That is not the Homer I know. Iced the puck because he didn't see the defenseman outskate his teammate into the offensive zone, and after the face off, proceeded to turn the puck over twice with a lazy clear and pass in his own zone, with an end result being the biscuit in the basket.

I have never yelled at Homer through my television....until last night. I do not want to believe he has lost it, and I won't buy into the hype I read here calling for his head, but damn Homer, people don't need that type of ammunition!

I am not one to come on here and bash on a player. Unless it was Lang, because he's lazy and he sucks :P

HOWEVER.....It was impossible to not notice the worst shift by an individual player in the tilt last night. That is not the Homer I know. Iced the puck because he didn't see the defenseman outskate his teammate into the offensive zone, and after the face off, proceeded to turn the puck over twice with a lazy clear and pass in his own zone, with an end result being the biscuit in the basket.

I have never yelled at Homer through my television....until last night. I do not want to believe he has lost it, and I won't buy into the hype I read here calling for his head, but damn Homer, people don't need that type of ammunition!

Yet Homer single handily mad a beautiful pass to Datsyuk who failed to convert on a 1 on 1ish situation... and he screened the goalie leading to that powerplay goal too...

When he iced it, it was a planed play that didn't work, it happens... Although i will give you Chicago's goal was his fault... he should have got it out of the zone a few times before they scored...

The point is, he made a bad play that cost us, but also made many good plays that helped us, so everybody needs to take it easy with the homer bashing, its a little ridiculous

Look. Last night was a perfect example of the problem with the Wings and Tomas Holmstrom. Ninety-Sux is SLOW and INEFFECTIVE during 5 on 5 play. He gives his linemate Holmstromeningitis during 5 on 5 play. Tomas Holmstrom is a master at what he does on the power play. He is one of the best ever to play the position of goalie screeners on the power play. How many games of Holmstrom sucking during 5 on 5 do we need to watch before we're all in agreement on this? He STINKS 5 on 5.

Line 1 = Franzen - Zetterberg - Datsyuk

Line 2 = Bertuzzi - Filppula - Cleary

Line 3 = Leino - Helm - Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Franzen (If the Wings go up by more than 2, give Holmstrom this shift)

Line 4 = Maltby - Draper - Williams

PP1 = Datsyuk - Holmstrom - Zetterberg - Lidstrom - Rafalski

PP2 = Bertuzi - Filppula - Franzen - Ericsson - Williams

PK1 = Draper - Maltby - Kronwall - Stuart

PK2 = Helm - Williams - Ericsson - Meech

PK3 = Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Lidstrom - Rafalski (save these guys' strength and not play them on PK if possible)

Why can't the coach make this happen? Then Holmstrom would get 4-5 minutes of PP time and be effective for all his minutes. I know more and more people are starting to see Holmstrom's deterioration. It's just a matter of time before everyone on here comes to and loses their HHO's.

Look. Last night was a perfect example of the problem with the Wings and Tomas Holmstrom. Ninety-Sux is SLOW and INEFFECTIVE during 5 on 5 play. He gives his linemate Holmstromeningitis during 5 on 5 play. Tomas Holmstrom is a master at what he does on the power play. He is one of the best ever to play the position of goalie screeners on the power play. How many games of Holmstrom sucking during 5 on 5 do we need to watch before we're all in agreement on this? He STINKS 5 on 5.

Line 3 = Leino - Helm - Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Franzen (If the Wings go up by more than 2, give Holmstrom this shift)

PK3 = Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Lidstrom - Rafalski (save these guys' strength and not play them on PK if possible)

Why can't the coach make this happen? Then Holmstrom would get 4-5 minutes of PP time and be effective for all his minutes. I know more and more people are starting to see Holmstrom's deterioration. It's just a matter of time before everyone on here comes to and loses their HHO's.

We're not going to go into games planning on double-shifting people. It just isn't going to happen, so give it a rest.

Yet Homer single handily mad handed made a beautiful pass...

...so everybody needs to take it easy with the homer bashing, its a little ridiculous

1. Fixed

2. I've never seen a pass come off two sticks at the same time :P

3. My point was I don't typically bash, but I think last night was pretty tough evidence that he is struggling.

You're overestimating Zetterberg/Datsyuk's energy.

You're overestimating Zetterberg/Datsyuk's energy.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg play four minutes less a game than Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin and Kovalchuk yet can put up 90+ points.

They could handle extra PP time together and give the extra PK time to the lesser forwards because we don't need Z or Datsyuk getting hurt blocking shots.

Edited by Radic

Without Franzen, I really want Z and Pavel back together...

Datsyuk - Z - Holmstrom (I prefer Cleary but Homer doesn't fit anywhere else)

Leino - Filppula - Bertuzzi

Cleary - Helm - Williams

May - Draper - Maltby (Eaves)

Not bad, but I don't really like the third line. Of course, without Mule I don't think we can get 4 really good lines. 2nd line could also use a better net presence.

Put Cleary with Flip and Leino. Stick May and Bertuzzi along side Helm and give them a license to kill. Drop Willy down to the 4th with some combination of Draper, Maltby, Eaves, and Jabs. Optionally, put Cleary on the top line, Willy stays with Flip and Leino, and Homer on the 4th.

I think the only part that I find shocking is that you haven't put Zetterberg and Datsyuk on every single line. Out of 9 lines, you only have these two players on 4. So far, you've got Holmstrom riding a lot of pine, and Z and D making up for that. What's going to happen Flip or Cleary have s***ty streaks? Put them on 5 or 6 lines? It's a team, two people can't carry the whole team or they will fall apart.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Hack & Whack Rule!

I bet tonight's game really doesn't sit well with you, JakeRyan.

What are you talking about? Holmstrom scored and did well on the Powerplay nobody has said take Homer off the first PP. Datsyuk looked soo much better without having to drag Holmstrom along on even strength, and Babcock played Homer a lot less tonight ES and we beat a good team. I don't see your point?

What are you talking about? Holmstrom scored and did well on the Powerplay nobody has said take Homer off the first PP. Datsyuk looked soo much better without having to drag Holmstrom along on even strength, and Babcock played Homer a lot less tonight ES and we beat a good team. I don't see your point?

I never even mentioned anything you brought up. I just said tonight's game probably doesn't sit well with someone who affectionately refers to Homer as Ninety-Sux, and claims that Homer's lack of soft hands are why he is incapable of being able to "see the corners and pot the puck from 30 feet in not matter what position you're in". I mean, that's exactly why the game was won, right?

He played more ES than he did against Chicago, and looked pretty good doing it. Bertuzzi and Zetterberg had arguably their best games; maybe Cleary is washed up...oh wait, he had a very good game as well. Homer is as good as he's ever been. If you think he was ever significantly better, your memory is painting him a brighter color than he really was.

That said, I think all the line combos worked well tonight. Eaves was decent, though I can't say yet whether he deserves a regular spot over Maltby. Draper and May did a good job. Jabs had maybe his best game, and Willy looked good in all three zones. Leino-Flip-Cleary were fantastic, and Pav and Hank proved once again that together they are greater than the sum of their parts, even though they didn't get much on the scoresheet.

If everyone can continue to play that well together, particularly that 2nd line, we'd be able to put Hank-Pav-Mule together once he comes back. What a luxury that would be, though a long way to go and a lot to prove before that happens.

I bet tonight's game really doesn't sit well with you, JakeRyan.

What Carman said. I am not rooting against Holmstrom, just in case you're wondering. I have been rooting for Holmstrom the better part of a decade and a half now. I just want him to be used wisely (power play) and not stupidly (5 on 5). That's all.

He's conspicuous by his absence, is he not?

I was waiting for a post by Jake Ryan where he rolls over on everything he's said about Homer, and back-pedals so fast time actually goes backward.

I won't ever have to do this with Tomas Holmstrom. That's just not going to happen. He's already been demoted to the third line 5 on 5, and he's still up to his crappy 5 on 5 play. Now he'll just give Abdelkader Holmstromeningitis instead of giving it to Datsyuk and Zetterberg. And since Abdelkader is more about just going out there and banging into people, it really shouldn't effect him as much. Holmstrom is so bad 5 on 5. You know how you can kind of sense when a goal is coming for the other team because of all the cycling they're doing and all the chasing our defensemen are doing? Instead of focusing on the puck down low and the players rushing to the net for scoring opportunities against Osgood, take a look at who's camping out 50 feet in front of the Red Wings' net looking for an outlet pass INSTEAD of playing defense. YEP. Ninety-Sux is who you will see every time. Did you guys notice Bert's focus on getting back for DEFENSE tonight? !!! Beautiful. That impressed me a lot tonight. Bert learning Red Wings Hockey = good. Holmstrom playing 5 on 5 = bad. HHO's of LGWers not going away by now = ridiculous.

I won't ever have to do this with Tomas Holmstrom. That's just not going to happen. He's already been demoted to the third line 5 on 5, and he's still up to his crappy 5 on 5 play. Now he'll just give Abdelkader Holmstromeningitis instead of giving it to Datsyuk and Zetterberg. And since Abdelkader is more about just going out there and banging into people, it really shouldn't effect him as much. Holmstrom is so bad 5 on 5. You know how you can kind of sense when a goal is coming for the other team because of all the cycling they're doing and all the chasing our defensemen are doing? Instead of focusing on the puck down low and the players rushing to the net for scoring opportunities against Osgood, take a look at who's camping out 50 feet in front of the Red Wings' net looking for an outlet pass INSTEAD of playing defense. YEP. Ninety-Sux is who you will see every time. Did you guys notice Bert's focus on getting back for DEFENSE tonight? !!! Beautiful. That impressed me a lot tonight. Bert learning Red Wings Hockey = good. Holmstrom playing 5 on 5 = bad. HHO's of LGWers not going away by now = ridiculous.

*sings*

"doo-on't stop...be-lieeeev-eeehn..."

ladies and gentlemen...jake ryan!

single handedly lowering the bar for fandom with every passing post....

seriously jake...you're undermining the already tenuous perception of wings fans throughout the leauge. your divisive, hateful posts only underscore an unfair perception that wings fans are a corrosive, self obsessed bunch of louts.

stop being part of the problem and be part of the....oh f*** it, just stop!

seriously.

love,

the rest of the fans of this team.

Edited by deetroit dario

Admit it Jake...the FACT that Homer is tied for the team lead in goals is tearing your heart out. 800-273-TALK if you get too depressed.

ha ha ha! This is funny.

But I don't know why I can't cheer for Holmstrom when he's used properly (power play) and get pissed when he's used improperly and hurting the team (5 on 5).