• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Echolalia

Ovechkin snows a child

Rate this topic

94 posts in this topic

From the Chris Pronger's Handy Book of Hockey Physics:

Snow and ice are really just frozen water. When ice and snow melt, they turn into water. The body is 98% water. When you sweat, you lose water. The kid was probably hot in that outfit, and was probably sweating. Ovi was just returning what the kid had lost. It's physics.

Edited by 55fan
zoso, Zeowingsfan and wingnut22 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think what we need to be talking about MORE is why there is weird music and children waving hockey flags in the entry of the Montreal players. That is just creepy. It's like a weird ritual to them. Are they gonna bleed the kids from the neck after and sacrifice them to the hockey gods??

Good on Ovie for breaking down that awkward vibe a little.

Hockeymom1960 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh no biggie from me, probably made the kid's year. Not a smart move publicity wise though by Ovechkin.

Although I do laugh at the double standard on this forum, if this was you know who this would be 10 pages already about how he is the devil. Yet Ovechkin is just funny, even when he almost ends careers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Although I do laugh at the double standard on this forum, if this was you know who this would be 10 pages already about how he is the devil. Yet Ovechkin is just funny, even when he almost ends careers.

For that hypothetical episode, there would definitely be a few staunch haters but I'm sure they'd be doused by a majority of rational LGWers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kind of funny to see, but it looks like it wasn't really a big deal. I mean if he does that same thing all the time, hard to call him classless because of it. Not his fault the Canadiens stuck a little kid next to their bench.

Um, I'm not making any judgments on whether Ovechkin is a jackass here or not, but the "pregame routine" thing is the stupidest excuse ever. If it was his pregame routine to shoot a whole bunch of pucks as hard as he can at the wall at that spot, is that an excuse if he hits the kid?

Whether or not Ovechkin is a dick for this, I'll leave up to the kid, but just because you "always do something" doesn't mean you get to go ahead and automatically have the right to do it whether or not someone else is in the way. That's just stupid.

egroen likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For that hypothetical episode, there would definitely be a few staunch haters but I'm sure they'd be doused by a majority of rational LGWers.

I'd like to hope so, but remembering the whole "spitting" on hand incident I'd beg to disagree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

probably the most interesting thing that ever happens to that kid in his entire life.

I agree completely.

That kid not only got to go out on the ice, hold the team flag, but got attention from one of the top stars in the game.

As to if "someone else" (afraid of saying the C word or something?) had done it... I'd feel the same, though I'm sure the media would have a field day even more so than this that would piss me off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Um, I'm not making any judgments on whether Ovechkin is a jackass here or not, but the "pregame routine" thing is the stupidest excuse ever. If it was his pregame routine to shoot a whole bunch of pucks as hard as he can at the wall at that spot, is that an excuse if he hits the kid?

Whether or not Ovechkin is a dick for this, I'll leave up to the kid, but just because you "always do something" doesn't mean you get to go ahead and automatically have the right to do it whether or not someone else is in the way. That's just stupid.

I don't see where this would be a problem. His pregame routine is nothing like shooting a bunch of pucks at the wall. It's skating to the bench, stopping, then going into the bench. There just so happened to be a kid there this time. This is such a non-story. If anyone else in the league did this, it'd be exactly the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And it might have been the only Canadiens game this season that didn't have a 30-40 minute pre-game ceremony involving Jean Beliveau.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see the big deal, it seemed to me that the kid didn't even notice...this is some petty s***, and if this ground anyone's gears they need to find something of importance to care about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is a pretty dick move (the pregame ritual is crap considering he could have stopped right next to the kid without snowing him) but it was funny nonetheless.

I only wish it was Crosby so the hate could rain down on him from these forums for having no regard to the people on the ice.

Zeowingsfan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see where this would be a problem. His pregame routine is nothing like shooting a bunch of pucks at the wall. It's skating to the bench, stopping, then going into the bench. There just so happened to be a kid there this time. This is such a non-story. If anyone else in the league did this, it'd be exactly the same.

I agree it's really not a story, but if it were something story-worthy, the "pregame ritual" thing wouldn't apply, so it shouldn't here, either. If snowing a kid is a jerk thing to do, then it's not excusable via pregame ritual; and if it isn't, then it doesn't matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to hope so, but remembering the whole "spitting" on hand incident I'd beg to disagree.

for the tenth time! there were like 2 people who were talkin s*** about him doin it without proof. the rest of the people who said anything were talking CIRCUMSTANCIALLY

say it with me CIR-CUM-STANCIALLY

2% of that thread was the people you're complaining about... the other 98% were people bitching about how there were so many people that fell in that 2% category

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for the tenth time! there were like 2 people who were talkin s*** about him doin it without proof. the rest of the people who said anything were talking CIRCUMSTANCIALLY

say it with me CIR-CUM-STANCIALLY

2% of that thread was the people you're complaining about... the other 98% were people bitching about how there were so many people that fell in that 2% category

I think I know you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he snowed me like that... it would make my day and i would save the pieces of snow in mah freezer... :yowza:

and then sell it on ebay. like i should've done with the gum he threw at me (well, not directly aimed at me, but tossed into the area i was sitting).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh no biggie from me, probably made the kid's year. Not a smart move publicity wise though by Ovechkin.

Although I do laugh at the double standard on this forum, if this was you know who this would be 10 pages already about how he is the devil. Yet Ovechkin is just funny, even when he almost ends careers.

I agree with you 100% if this was crosby who did this... there would already be a pention on these forums to remove him from the league for child abuse.. :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

spraying kids is just like marking your territory. i spray kids all the time

this post is pedobear approved!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he snowed me like that... it would make my day and i would save the pieces of snow in mah freezer... :yowza:

+1

The kids going to be a YouTube star.

Plus if he or his parents have any brains they will enjoy the new autographed stick coming his way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1

The kids going to be a YouTube star.

Plus if he or his parents have any brains they will enjoy the new autographed stick coming his way.

Actually Ovechkin refused to sign anything for the boy.

http://videos.lcn.canoe.ca/video/en-vedette/les-dernieres-nouvelles/8805187001/alexander-ovechkin-et-son-coequipier-alexander-semin/79278319001

Yet it's Ovechkin, he can't do anything wrong, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now