• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#241 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:45 PM

I love that we had enough fight in us to avoid a sweep, but they didn't. Now Chicago just needs to win the Cup and I'll be happy.

Edited by wingnut40, 23 May 2010 - 06:46 PM.

Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#242 sharkfan20

sharkfan20

Rookie

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:48 PM

Your right it is a team effort but when you let in a softie it can deflate a team quick. Just look at the Wings for an example it happened to us a couple times. I am not saying Nabs is not a good goalie he just cannot make it happen on the big stage.

Yeah like that goal in game 2, that Ladd goal. Our defense just isn't fast. THe Draft couldn't come any sooner.

And I can't believe i'm rooting for Pronger to win the cup.
]"Some of the guys have got to become man- Nabokov"

Sharks in 2010?!

#243 ltgator333

ltgator333

Combustion on Contact

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:57 PM

I can't imagine heads not rolling in San Jose this offseason at this point. Chicago has a good team and all, but not so good that SJ couldn't win a single game against them in playoff hockey. I will be very curious to see who will go, and how far into the organization it will go. Ownership cannot be happy with this lack of performance (when it matters most!) as usual.
- LT

#244 Octopus

Octopus

Jr. Prospect

• 21 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:08 PM

I feel bad for Hossa. It's gonna suck when he loses a 3 straight Stanley Cup.

#245 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:11 PM

I feel bad for Hossa. It's gonna suck when he loses a 3 straight Stanley Cup.

I don't feel bad at all.He'll be a ghost during the finals just like he has been the last 2 years.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#246 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:17 PM

I wonder if the Hossa curse will be gone now that he won't be a free agent this summer.

#247 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:23 PM

Yeah like that goal in game 2, that Ladd goal. Our defense just isn't fast. THe Draft couldn't come any sooner.

And I can't believe i'm rooting for Pronger to win the cup.

Uggg I know. Same here.

I can't believe there are Wings fans on here that say they want the Hawks to win. That's like saying you want the Avalanche to win.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#248 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:25 PM

Uggg I know. Same here.

I can't believe there are Wings fans on here that say they want the Hawks to win. That's like saying you want the Avalanche to win.

Yeah i'm not gonna lie,i have to root for Pronger. <_<

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#249 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:41 PM

Uggg I know. Same here.

Absolutely agree. I don't see how any Red Wings fan can even think about rooting for the Chicago Blackhawks and their obnoxious, bandwagon fanbase.

I thought watching Anaheim and Pittsburgh win it all was bad, but Chicago would be the worst of all for me. I hate that franchise - although they basically do everything now the way the Red Wings do, so the Hawks' success is pretty much a credit to the Wings' organization. Sadly, I don't think the Flyers stand a chance against the Blackhawks so I am preparing for the worst.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#250 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:45 PM

These Wings fans rooting for the Hawks are not "real" Wings fans. ;)
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#251 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:48 PM

These Wings fans rooting for the Hawks are not "real" Wings fans. ;)

My thoughts exactly.I'm starting to question some of these posters loyalty :scared:

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#252 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:51 PM

I'm a Wings fan through and through but I'm cheering for the Hawks because of a friend of mine who has been a Hawks fan for years and just for him I hope they get the Cup. I don't care about the other Hawks fans and how they act.

#253 Pavel Hossyukstrom

Pavel Hossyukstrom

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:56 PM

Yeah i'm not gonna lie,i have to root for Pronger. <_<

Well then root for Leino instead :rolleyes:
Champions are made of metal!!

#254 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:57 PM

Uggg I know. Same here.

I have to disagree here Drake. I like the Original 6 teams and if the Wings can't win it.. I always hope for a 6 team to win.. I guess I just like the history of the trophy going to a team with history. Just my opinion tho.

#255 TheSupafly

TheSupafly

Shark fan extrodinaire

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:20 PM

I don't feel bad at all.He'll be a ghost during the finals just like he has been the last 2 years.

He was a ghost in this series from an offensive standpoint.

So disappointed and empty right now. I had planned on typing out something substantial with many good points and questions about the offseason etc etc. I just can't do it right now. For those that wanted the Sharks out, enjoy. For those that didn't and hate the Hawks, sorry. Gonna go do...I dunno. Something. Or maybe I'll just mope around the internet like a moron for a few hours before I have to sleep for work. I've got nothing at this point.

#256 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:22 PM

My thoughts exactly.I'm starting to question some of these posters loyalty :scared:

What a ridiculous thing to say. I want the Hawks to win because I want it for my dad, not for myself. My dad doesn't have much to be happy about any more, so the little things matter to ME. If that means hoping the Hawks win so he has something to smile about, then so be it. I'm certainly not going to let some miscreants on a message board tell me I'm less of a fan or not even a fan, because I want a little happiness for someone who means a lot to me. Get the hell out of here with that nonsense.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#257 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:14 PM

He was a ghost in this series from an offensive standpoint.

So disappointed and empty right now. I had planned on typing out something substantial with many good points and questions about the offseason etc etc. I just can't do it right now. For those that wanted the Sharks out, enjoy. For those that didn't and hate the Hawks, sorry. Gonna go do...I dunno. Something. Or maybe I'll just mope around the internet like a moron for a few hours before I have to sleep for work. I've got nothing at this point.

Now you know how it feels to lose that game 7.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#258 servo

servo

Where will we hang this one?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:43 PM

Now you know how it feels to lose that game 7.

That was a whole hell of alot worse. Losing in 1995, getting swept in the finals was defeating, losing by one goal to a team that came back from a 0-2 deficit and a 3-2 deficit to win it all in your own barn.......hate to bring back the pain, but; that sucked big time. I only hope we can get back there w/in the next decade.
I know exactly what I'm saying, so that when I'm fired, it won't be a slip of the tounge. Everything I say, I want to say. Don Cherry

#259 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:00 PM

That was a whole hell of alot worse. Losing in 1995, getting swept in the finals was defeating, losing by one goal to a team that came back from a 0-2 deficit and a 3-2 deficit to win it all in your own barn.......hate to bring back the pain, but; that sucked big time. I only hope we can get back there w/in the next decade.

Next year. Mark it down.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#260 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:10 PM

I now see that the Wings lost because of reffing, they let the game just play in both the WCF and ECF but in the Wings series every littlef****** thing was being called.

NHL i am disappoint

Edited by Yak19, 23 May 2010 - 10:12 PM.