• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

datsyukian_deke13

Mike Modano signs with Detroit

Rate this topic

Really happy about this, my question is, Will Mike wear an "A" on his chest?

In some pre-season scrimmages/exhibitions, maybe. Once the season starts, I highly doubt it.

We're already rotating the "A" between Z, Dats, and Draper. We'd either have to add Mike to that rotation (not likely) or remove one of the other three from the rotation (also not likely) in order to do so.

Now, if (God forbid) two or more of our current Alternates go down with injury, then there's a chance that you'd see the "A" on Mo's sweater, but you could also make the case that half of the roster could also wear the "A" too. I could just as easily see Rafalski, Stuart, Kronwall and possibly even Franzen with the "A".

This sums it up pretty well, I think -- although "Fedo-traitor" is a little harsh. He stands out from the other Wings greats in a key respect: He's Russian, and developed under the old Soviet system. He had to commit a small degree of cultural suicide to play in the NHL, and the adjustment could not have been easy. (I know, I know, all of us would happily make such an adjustment for the million$ he was earning, but I've always been willing to give the oft-enigmatic Feds some slack for this reason.)

Fedorov is my all time favorite hockey player. Watching him play was absolutely electrifying. I would have loved to see him go head to head against Ovechkin both in their primes. As much as I wish things had turned out differently, I can't help feeling nothing but gratitude for the years that he gave us. I would certainly consider retiring his number before Datsyuk or Zetterberg.

Fedorov is my all time favorite hockey player. Watching him play was absolutely electrifying. I would have loved to see him go head to head against Ovechkin both in their primes. As much as I wish things had turned out differently, I can't help feeling nothing but gratitude for the years that he gave us. I would certainly consider retiring his number before Datsyuk or Zetterberg.

Talk about having a nice problem. Can't imagine any team that's had the amount of franchise-type players that Detroit's had in the past 15-20 years that would've easily had their numbers retired with pretty much any other team.

Guest mindfly

Is Ritola out of minor league options this year? he's gotta get waived before being able to get sent down? (and he would most certainly get picked up right)

If Federov had showed up and played the way he could every night then I'd probably agree with you. Unfortunately he took shifts, games, entire playoffs off. Had he not had that on and off again maybe he'd have gotten the love and the money he wanted as well. But a fair assessment of the root of his issue is that while he could be as good as you remember and frequently was, he also frequently wasn't. At his best he was better then Yzerman. On average not. At his best he was better then Datsyuk and Zetterberg. On average? Don't know yet.

If Madano really does this then he's going to be one of my favorite Wings. Talk about a home town discount. Or should I say coming home discount...

Anybody got link to a jersey shirt?

they wont start producing them until hes signed and offically 90. then im sure they will start shortly after. this will be a big seller seeing hes a hall of famer, home town guy, and the man.

ive always liked him, eventhough my old hockey coach who used to play in the nhl said he was *** (literally).