• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
russianswede919293

Wings sign Ruslan Salei

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

There's still enough money to re-sign Abs, but what a logjam on this team right now. A couple players are either getting waived/traded or something. Meech is gone for sure imo, Who else?

They will go with 14-7-2 for the 23 man roster... Meech is probably gone(?)

There's still enough money to re-sign Abs, but what a logjam on this team right now. A couple players are either getting waived/traded or something. Meech is gone for sure imo, Who else?

Meech and either Miller or Ritola. Hopefully we will get some picks out of them.

Guest mindfly

Would be nice with a couple of third rounds for them, having all picks + extra two third rounders and an extra 5th rounder for 2011 draft.

Would be nice with a couple of third rounds for them, having all picks + extra two third rounders and an extra 5th rounder for 2011 draft.

Being completely loaded for next years draft would be awesome.

Its already on wikipedia...and apparently babs had a big voice in it-

On August 9, 2010, the Detroit Red Wings announced Salei signed a one-year contract[10] with the club worth $750,000, with an additional $350,000 in performance bonuses.[11] According to general manager Ken Holland, Salei's positive experiences under current Red Wings coach Mike Babcock in Anaheim contributed to his decision.[12] He will reportedly anchor the third defensive pairing with Jonathan Ericsson.

a good price for a solid 6th defensemen, who can log big minutes when need be. Gives Detroit more edge on the back end, hopefully it rubs off on Big E too, and creates competition for both Kindl, and E.

Lilja was damaged goods, im sorry he was gone how long? almost a whole year with a concussion from hell.

this was a logical signing and I approve.

Don't see why people are upset. He's dirt cheap, he's mean, he can hit. He's a better Lilja and cheaper. He could complement Ericsson really well and help his development along. And he's probably eager to play for a quality team. What is the issue here?

I am not upset, just dont want him wearing #24!

Don't see why people are upset. He's dirt cheap, he's mean, he can hit. He's a better Lilja and cheaper. He could complement Ericsson really well and help his development along. And he's probably eager to play for a quality team. What is the issue here?

He's not Willie Mitchell I guess.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Just looked up some of his film for the past season. Looked slower then I remember, but still a solid number 6. Good Job Kenny.

Being completely loaded for next years draft would be awesome.

Is next year draft supposed to be deep? I've read/heard the usual talk about Courtier, Adam Larson etc. but haven't heard if the talent level is deep or not? Do you know?

I have also heard it isn't the deepest class, but from doing research for 15 mins I read there is going to be plenty of big names available in the first round, and a lot of American talent available. Im not sure if there is a drop off after the first round or anything, but the first round seems loaded right now.

I heard the upcoming draft actually isn't all that good from someone on here at LGW.

Thats why i keep hearing but i dont really buy into it. I think it really only applies to their being a few studs that stand out above the rest like sure fire top 10 picks. The draft is basically a crap shoot after the first round anyway and since the Wings never have high draft picks i wouldnt worry :)

Lidstrom

Federov

Datsyuk

Zetterberg

Franzen

konstantinov

Kozlov

Holmström

All taken in the 3rd round or later. You never know what you could get.

Edited by Original-Six

Don't remember anything about him from either Anaheim or Colorado, but couldn't we be pretty sure the Wings' hierarchy talked to Salei's doctors and checked out his X-Rays/ whatever that would make them comfortable about the hire? Maybe other than the money, they felt safer with Salei's back, rather than Lilja's head. I will still miss Lils partly because I thought he was paired wrongly. :(

I like this signing a lot.

Lilja wasn't happy in his place on the team, he wanted more opportunity than anything else, and there was just no way he was going to crack the top 4 on a consistent basis.

Salei is a solid cheap depth defenseman, I don't care how old someone is on a one year deal. If the Wings think he's good enough to play, then he's good enough to play.

Can't wait for this season to start.

I don't care how old someone is on a one year deal. If the Wings think he's good enough to play, then he's good enough to play.

Can't wait for this season to start.

Agree

We all know Babs doesn't cuddle his players. If he went out of his way to try to get a former player on the team I'm confident its for a good reason.

Edited by Original-Six