Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:15 AM

Thrashers over Oilers 4-1
:ninja:

#3 Scrosby87

Scrosby87

Prospect

• 31 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:17 AM

It's fun to joke around ---- but I prefer to read some serious responses.

#4 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,898 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:25 AM

Don't worry. We have plenty of serious types here. And most will have good reason for their predictions. There will be good conversation in the thread.

Seriously?
Caps in the east; Sharks in the west.
Caps win it 4-2.

#5 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:43 AM

Bruins over Kings, 4-1.

What? It could happen.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#6 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,889 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:57 AM

Vancouver over Bruins, 4-1

Feel free to resurrect this one in June.

Edited by Echolalia, 10 September 2010 - 10:57 AM.

#7 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:57 AM

Wings over Flyers, five games.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#8 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:00 AM

Screw Crosby.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#9 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:01 AM

It's fun to joke around ---- but I prefer to read some serious responses.

Your name is a joke right? Wings over Pens

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#10 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:07 AM

Thrashers over Oilers 4-1
:ninja:

Wait...no love for the Panthers?
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#11 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:11 AM

Let me remind everyone that fans of ALL teams are welcome to post here as long as they are respectful. Encouragement to leave these boards by any member will result in a suspension of said member. Play nice.

GO WINGS!!
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#12 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:11 AM

Wings over Penguins, 4-2

If Howard isn't the second coming of Steve Mason, I think we're golden. We're much deeper than last year, with rest, and hopefully some passion after an early exit. This team is essentially the team that won the Cup in '08, except the younger players of that team are developed.

I can't stand the Penguins but they are obviously talented, and more importantly, I believe they have the most playoff experiance of anyone in their Conferance the last 5 years. Experiance wise, they're the Wings of the East.

#13 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:26 AM

I want to see Red Wings/Penguins and that's probably pretty realistic.

However, I will go with Red Wings/Bruins. Sorry, Gary.

Edited by GoWings1905, 10 September 2010 - 11:28 AM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#14 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:27 AM

Wings over Pens in 6, just like the poster above said.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#15 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:43 AM

I'd love to see the Wings get revenge and beat the Pens in the Finals, but I just don't see it. The Pens, in my opinion, are not good enough to make it that far right now. The moves they made did not upgrade their defense, Fleury is still very inconsistent and the Pens wings are beyond terrible.

The Wings will make it for the West as long as we stay healthy, but it won't be easy. The Caps are long overdue for a good playoff run. It'll be Wings over the Caps in 4 or 5 games. Lidstrom retires on top with his 5th Stanley Cup, Modano rides off into the sunset with the Cup in his hometown and its the feel good story of the year in sports. :thumbup:

#16 Scrosby87

Scrosby87

Prospect

• 31 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:49 AM

"I'd love to see the Wings get revenge and beat the Pens in the Finals, but I just don't see it. The Pens, in my opinion, are not good enough to make it that far right now. The moves they made did not upgrade their defense, Fleury is still very inconsistent and the Pens wings are beyond terrible."

Signing Zbynek Michalek and Paul Martin didn't upgrade our D? We have Martin, Orpik, Michalek, Letang, Goligoski, Lovejoy (or veteran D-man)

Some would argue that's a top 3 D in the league. The Pens will run through the league this year and most likely win the president's trophy.

As for wingers --- Kunitz wasn't healthy at all last year. That really hurt in opening up space for Master Crosby. Malkin is switching to Winger and Staal (Not Stall, as so many of you say) is centering him. I don't see the Wings pulling through this year, because they won't be able to get past Chicago.

Pens v Hawks.

You heard it here.

#17 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:51 AM

I want to see Red Wings/Penguins and that's probably pretty realistic.

However, I will go with Red Wings/Bruins. Sorry, Gary.

What the hell. I know so little about the East, and I don't see where the Pens will come back that dramatically, so I'll go with this. Thanks, GoWings! And it will probably go to seven but our beloved, talented, thrifty, cheerful and brave Wings will win it ALL.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#18 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:52 AM

I don't see the Wings pulling through this year, because they won't be able to get past Chicago.

:lol: Good one!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#19 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,898 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:00 PM

"I'd love to see the Wings get revenge and beat the Pens in the Finals, but I just don't see it. The Pens, in my opinion, are not good enough to make it that far right now. The moves they made did not upgrade their defense, Fleury is still very inconsistent and the Pens wings are beyond terrible."

Signing Zbynek Michalek and Paul Martin didn't upgrade our D? We have Martin, Orpik, Michalek, Letang, Goligoski, Lovejoy (or veteran D-man)

Some would argue that's a top 3 D in the league. The Pens will run through the league this year and most likely win the president's trophy.

As for wingers --- Kunitz wasn't healthy at all last year. That really hurt in opening up space for Masterbater Crosby. Malkin is switching to Winger and Staal (Not Stall, as so many of you say) is centering him. I don't see the Wings pulling through this year, because they won't be able to get past Chicago.

Pens v Hawks.

You heard it here.

You did sign well on D, but I really like Gonchar, and I don't think he'll be easily replaced. Top 3? Only time will tell.

The Hawks have been weakened this summer. I really don't see them as a threat next season. Between the Cup Hangover and basically re-organizing their lesser players, they have a lot of work to do to ice a contender. Once their new guys get some time together, they may well be on the road to more success, but not this season.

EDIT: Forgot to add- I don't think I've seen too many people misspell Staal. Usually it's only the ones who can't spell anything else. Don't take it personally.

Edited by 55fan, 10 September 2010 - 12:02 PM.

#20 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,889 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:02 PM

As for wingers --- Kunitz wasn't healthy at all last year. That really hurt in opening up space for Master Crosby. Malkin is switching to Winger and Staal (Not Stall, as so many of you say) is centering him. I don't see the Wings pulling through this year, because they won't be able to get past Chicago.

Pens v Hawks.

You heard it here.

I like the moves the Pens have made on D, but they still need to find a winger for Crosby, imo. I kind of want Malkin to move up to the Wing on the first line and let Staal center the second line with Dupuis and Cooke. I'm not sure the Pens depth will allow that, though.
The biggest weakness for both the Wings and the Pens I believe is in net. Howard is going into the cursed sophomore year and has perhaps the worst rebound control for a 1 goalie in the league, whereas with MAF you never know who's going to be in net: a legit 1 goalie, or someone who will let in 3 fluky goals. Both teams are probably among the favorites to get to the finals, but the favorites rarely end up getting that far.
By the way, have you been following the Chicago exodus this summer? I'm not sure how to interpret "I don't see the Wings pulling through this year, because they won't be able to get past Chicago. " or "Pens vs Hawks". Last time I checked Chicago packed up and moved to Atlanta.