• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
egroen

Who do and did you hate more?

Rate this topic

I used the hate the Ducks, but with Pronger and Niedermayer gone, there's not as much to hate. I actually used to like the Pens as my second favorites with Lemieux, Jagr and Francis, but this "new generation" annoys the crap out of me. People around me say that I don't like the Pens because they beat my Red Wings, but the truth is regardless of the outcome of that series, I would not like the Pens today. The crap they pulled in Game 5 was disgusting. It showed very poor sportsmanship. I had high hopes for Crosby when he first entered the league. He idolized Yzerman and was living with Lemieux, my two favorite players and he doesn't act like either of them. So I hate the Pens, for now. At least until all these dbags leave the team.

I still hate the Ducks more. Pronger leaving helped, but there's still some residual annoyance, probably because of Perry. I think Perry is more Cindy Crosby-ish than Cindy Crosby is. I hate having Getzlaf as an opponent. I'd take him as a Wing, and he's droolworthy, but he plays for a team I hate.

I don't have much hate for the Penguins, Blackhawks, or any other team that has beaten us or won the Cup lately.

The Avs are still evil.

Is it wrong that I seem to be the only one here who doesn't mind Pronger? Hell he's a good player and a lot of people here would suddenly find some love for him if he signed in Detroit. I've never hated him so I've never really hated the Ducks, they have a lot of players that I like still. That being said, I did hate them during the last few playoff runs but like all teams we've played in the playoffs, win or lose, I find myself hating them a little because they're playing against US. It's no secret that when the postseason comes around teams step it up and even less physical teams seem to throw hits left, right and centre and it gets the blood boiling. A few months ago I hated Shane Doan and the stupid Coyotes but now I couldn't care less.

That being said, I do love to see when the Hawks and the Shark lose, especially after the Sharks beat us this year around.

Pronger is hated cause he may be the dirtiest player in the league. We have an extensive history with him and his debouchery. For most of his career he's been in the Western conferance so we see him often, Regular season and playoffs. Oh yea, he's also hated because he's extremely good at what he does and is an elite d-man.

Personally, I can't stand Crosby. I believe it has much more to do with the media than him, although he is a whiner baby. Right before Crosby scored the Gold Medal winner, I said out loud "if Canada scores, just please don't let it be Crosby". Just because I don't want to see him in the media about it for 30 years.

Most disliked playe*aqrs:

1. Forsberg (incredibly skilled, clutch, Av)

1A. Roy (see Forsberg+king of arrogance)

2. Crosby (whiner, media)

3. Getzlaf (arrogant, super skill)

4. Perry (arrogant)

5. Talbot (clutch)

6. Pronger (gets away with murder)

Teams:

1. '97-'02 Avalance

2. '08-'09 Penguins

3. '07-'08 Ducks

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

theres not a team that i hate more then the freakin California Golden Seals...or the Kansas City Scouts...or the Colorado Rockies...god they had such d-bag players... :hehe:

no just kidding but seriously...i love the sport of hockey , and i frankly admit that dont have a favourite team. i just love watching the nhl in general. but the red wings do rank in my top 3 of the teams that i enjoy watching.

so quite frankly, there really isnt a team out there that i "hate".

i dont really know if that makes any sense but oh well :rolleyes::blush:

Witherest Pronger goes, so goes my disdain; hence, no Duck hatred. I don't hate the Pens really, either, but I cannot stand He Who Shall Not Be Named, therefore the Pens are guilty by association and will suffer my dislike for a long as He is there.

Pronger is hated cause he may be the dirtiest player in the league. We have an extensive history with him and his debouchery. For most of his career he's been in the Western conferance so we see him often, Regular season and playoffs. Oh yea, he's also hated because he's extremely good at what he does and is an elite d-man.

Personally, I can't stand Crosby. I believe it has much more to do with the media than him, although he is a whiner baby. Right before Crosby scored the Gold Medal winner, I said out loud "if Canada scores, just please don't let it be Crosby". Just because I don't want to see him in the media about it for 30 years.

Most disliked playe*aqrs:

1. Forsberg (incredibly skilled, clutch, Av)

1A. Roy (see Forsberg+king of arrogance)

2. Crosby (whiner, media)

3. Getzlaf (arrogant, super skill)

4. Perry (arrogant)

5. Talbot (clutch)

6. Pronger (gets away with murder)

Teams:

1. '97-'02 Avalance

2. '08-'09 Penguins

3. '07-'08 Ducks

Make that 2, couldn't say any better.

Do you even need to ask? :lol:

There's only one element of the Pens that I don't hate and that's Dan Byslma. He seems like a stand-up guy and tells it like it is, unlike his predecessor. Everything else about that team - even Mario "I'm-Taking-My-Puck-And-Going-Home" Lemieux - just infuriates me.

I used the hate the Ducks, but with Pronger and Niedermayer gone, there's not as much to hate. I actually used to like the Pens as my second favorites with Lemieux, Jagr and Francis, but this "new generation" annoys the crap out of me. People around me say that I don't like the Pens because they beat my Red Wings, but the truth is regardless of the outcome of that series, I would not like the Pens today. The crap they pulled in Game 5 was disgusting. It showed very poor sportsmanship. I had high hopes for Crosby when he first entered the league. He idolized Yzerman and was living with Lemieux, my two favorite players and he doesn't act like either of them. So I hate the Pens, for now. At least until all these dbags leave the team.

I lost any respect I had for the Penguins after that game. Talbot slashing Datsyuk's injured foot was when I decided I hated them (and Maxime Talbot).

The Ducks. Even though Pronger left, his stench still follows that team around. Perry Getzlaf and Ryan are frustrating to play against. They're so skilled but they're also agitators, which makes it twice as bad. First they beat you up then they score on you.

The rivalry with the Pens is that of skill. The rivalries with the Ducks and Avs both had a very large element of physicality in addition to skill. If the Pens started sending our guys to the IR with concussions and broken faces, perhaps the rivalry for me will reach Ducks level.

The magnitude of the Wings/Avs rivalry will not be reached again any time soon, especially with the disintegration of enforcers and power forwards in the league.

Edited by Echolalia

I've gotta say Ducks. I can't stand anything about the team outside of Bobby Ryan, and without having Versus for most of last year - I missed out on a whole lot of Pens love.

The rivalry with - and hatred of - the Ducks goes back much further and runs much deeper than that of the Pens.

Pens and Blackhawks for me. Their fans and announcers have this sense of entitlement like theyve been great forever. I got news for both fanbases, you havent. When you pick 1 and 2 in the draft you better damn well get good and frankly it too long for both teams

Pens. Media dahlings, Bettman beloved, entitlement whores. Such a shame Dan Bylsma is their coach, they were even easier to hate when Michel "Obstruction" Therien was in charge.

I hate the Ducks a lot less since Burke + Pronger left.

Avs. without question or debate. The Rivalry between the wings and the Avs, the dirty hit, the retribution Mac and the team took, it was the most intense rivalry I've personally ever experienced between the wings and another team. I dont think anything will ever come close to those years again. To much happened to spark that, on and off the ice.

i hated the Avs, but Joe Sakic was always one of my favorite players despite the team he was on. same thing with Ryan Getzlaf and the Ducks, which i also cannot stand. the pens on the other hand...whole different beast. i like crosby on team Canada. as a penguin with all his whining and BS, i don't much care for him. i like jordan staal and kris letang. other than that i don't much care for any of the penguins. i actually hate most of them. now that gonchar is on the senators, i like them even less now. i kinda liked the flyers until pronger joined them. now i hate them and mike richards is one of my favorite players...

but to answer the question directly, i hate the pens more by a longshot.

Yeah - Red Wing games today seem pretty mild mannered when you look back as to how intense games were when these 2 clubs played each other.

Agreed 100%. I remember thinking that same statement to myself when I watched Hank take 45 cross checks from Crosby in the back, and made Howard come out to save him.. I agree with the new philosophy that winning takes discipline and determination but I'll tell ya... nothing gets the heart going like watching a bench clearing brawl and seeing one of your favorite players bloody up a guy who injured a teammate.

I hated the Avs of the Yzerman era, but awkwardly enough, I enjoyed hating them because so many great games/series resulted from that rivalry. They don't bother me at all now though because that rivalry is all but dead.

The Penguins on the other hand, I HATE. And I hate Crosby more than I've ever hated any player in the NHL, even Claude Lemeiux. Crosby is a great hockey player, that there is no question, but he's just the biggest *****, whine-ass, ****** bag, rape 'stache player to ever play the game. Nobody even comes close to my hatred of Crosby, but Malkin is next in line if I had to pick one. I also hate Jerome Iginla.

I never really hated the Ducks, just dis-liked them A LOT. Now that Pronger is gone, I don't mind them all that much anymore. Still hate Corey Perry though.

The Sharks don't bother me at all, even after last year's playoffs. I was pulling for them to win the Cup after they ousted the Wings.

I don't even mind the Blackhawks all that much...I just hate Kane.

So to summarize, I enjoyed hating the Avs of yesteryear, I just plain hate the Penguins of today.

I hated the Avs of the Yzerman era, but awkwardly enough, I enjoyed hating them because so many great games/series resulted from that rivalry. They don't bother me at all now though because that rivalry is all but dead.

I agree, the rivalry is dead. Still I hold on to that grudge and wont let go anytime soon.

I'll tell you what, if.... thats a big IF the hawks rebound better than most of us expect you could see an original 6 + Central division rivalry equal to that of the wings/avs rivalry. Would be a far less physical one but the intensity to win the games could be high.

The Penguins on the other hand, I HATE. And I hate Crosby more than I've ever hated any player in the NHL, even Claude Lemeiux. Crosby is a great hockey player, that there is no question, but he's just the biggest *****, whine-ass, ****** bag, rape 'stache player to ever play the game. Nobody even comes close to my hatred of Crosby, but Malkin is next in line if I had to pick one. I also hate Jerome Iginla.

I never really hated the Ducks, just dis-liked them A LOT. Now that Pronger is gone, I don't mind them all that much anymore. Still hate Corey Perry though.

The Sharks don't bother me at all, even after last year's playoffs. I was pulling for them to win the Cup after they ousted the Wings.

I don't even mind the Blackhawks all that much...I just hate Kane.

So to summarize, I enjoyed hating the Avs of yesteryear, I just plain hate the Penguins of today.

I have to agree with everything you said. You said it perfectly my friend!