• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ozzie30

Datsyuk in the Hart conversation

Rate this topic

http://espn.go.com/nhl/trophytracker

Lidstrom honorable mention - Babcock #1 for Adams.

that's pretty cool to see dats getting some credit for his amazing second-to-none 2 way game. unfortunately, in the end, all the voters care about is points and crosby's tear he's on right now, especially with malkin out for part of it will most likely win him the hart. my personal opinion would be dats for the hart and selke and possibly keep the ted lindsay award in hockeytown, but we all know how 2 of those 3 trophys work... i'd like to see Z earn his way into the top 5 too. or have lids win it before he retires even though he should have won it already...

that's pretty cool to see dats getting some credit for his amazing second-to-none 2 way game. unfortunately, in the end, all the voters care about is points and crosby's tear he's on right now, especially with malkin out for part of it will most likely win him the hart. my personal opinion would be dats for the hart and selke and possibly keep the ted lindsay award in hockeytown, but we all know how 2 of those 3 trophys work... i'd like to see Z earn his way into the top 5 too. or have lids win it before he retires even though he should have won it already...

Look, I don't mean to go all Carman on you here, but have you seen Crosby's numbers this season? Have you seen his numbers compared to his teammates? I love Datsyuk all day long, but hands down Crosby is the MVP right now, and it has nothing to do with a league bias or crush on him.

Look, I don't mean to go all Carman on you here, but have you seen Crosby's numbers this season? Have you seen his numbers compared to his teammates? I love Datsyuk all day long, but hands down Crosby is the MVP right now, and it has nothing to do with a league bias or crush on him.

the only point i was making is that 9 times out of 10 they give it to the guy with the most points. but i do agree with you that crosby is the league MVP right now. his linemates are dupuis and kunitz... he doesn't have the luxury of Z and homer/cleary or ******* semin/backstrom. so yes, hes MVP right now, but if dats finishes only 10 points behind him at season's end, he should get the nod for a far superior 2 way game. though crosby's 2 way game is improving drastically year to year. it's actually scary how much better he is now than in his rookie season. but in saying that, i still hope crosby gets injured just before reaching 100 points and is sidelined for the rest of the year and playoffs. why you ask?? just to f*** with pens fans and their stupid asses. those pricks deserve it. yes that's sadistic, but we all are sometimes. i just am toward pens fans.

those are all good candidates. if crosby keeps playing like this he'll have the hart on lockdown

i just about pooped myself laughing at your where's hudler avatar pic. that's probably as funny as all the hudlers laughing at selanne on someones profile.

off topic, but worth mention i think.

the only point i was making is that 9 times out of 10 they give it to the guy with the most points. but i do agree with you that crosby is the league MVP right now. his linemates are dupuis and kunitz... he doesn't have the luxury of Z and homer/cleary or ******* semin/backstrom. so yes, hes MVP right now, but if dats finishes only 10 points behind him at season's end, he should get the nod for a far superior 2 way game. though crosby's 2 way game is improving drastically year to year. it's actually scary how much better he is now than in his rookie season. but in saying that, i still hope crosby gets injured just before reaching 100 points and is sidelined for the rest of the year and playoffs. why you ask?? just to f*** with pens fans and their stupid asses. those pricks deserve it. yes that's sadistic, but we all are sometimes. i just am toward pens fans.

Lol. I like your honesty.

I agree with you that Datsyuk should win it if he winds up 10 points behind Crosby, but I don't see that happening unless Crosby misses a lot of games.

With Crosby, it's not only the point totals, his defensive game is actually pretty good. He's improved year after year, which is largely not noticeable, but this year, a lot of people are actually noticing his defensive game.

He's not going to win the selke this year and is not on the same level as Dats yet in terms of defensive game, but I woudln't be surprised if he gets there at some point in the next few years, he just seems to have an uncanny ability to go away during the summer and work on a part of the game people think is lacking and comes back for the next season vastly improved in that area.

With Crosby, it's not only the point totals, his defensive game is actually pretty good. He's improved year after year, which is largely not noticeable, but this year, a lot of people are actually noticing his defensive game.

Well to me he's always had the tenacity to go backcheck. It's just his positioning and anticipation that lacked. He was aggressive but it was like he had no idea where to go in the defensive zone.

EDIT: Ok that was really weird... I had just submitted my post for viewing and somehow it already had a +1 on it.

Edited by titanium2

Off topic, sort of on topic, I had a look at the trackers for the other awards. Letang is the front runner for the Norris. Now, I know Letang has taken his game to another level this year and aside from points, is good defensively....but I wouldn't even have him in my conversation for Norris, let alone the front runner.

Maybe that's just because of this award....the Norris, more than any other award from what I see, tends to have some reputation basis involved. In other words, it takes a lot of time before guys actually notice you and start considering you. At the other end, guys tend to get thought of for the award just because of who they are as well.

Off topic, sort of on topic, I had a look at the trackers for the other awards. Letang is the front runner for the Norris. Now, I know Letang has taken his game to another level this year and aside from points, is good defensively....but I wouldn't even have him in my conversation for Norris, let alone the front runner.

Maybe that's just because of this award....the Norris, more than any other award from what I see, tends to have some reputation basis involved. In other words, it takes a lot of time before guys actually notice you and start considering you. At the other end, guys tend to get thought of for the award just because of who they are as well.

If it weren't then Nick Lidstrom would probably have at least 1 or 2 more Norris trophies to his name. It really took them a while to notice his game.

It's great that he's mentioned that high, even above Stamkos. Pav is finally starting to get the attention he deserves around the league.

But to be honest, right now I'd probably put both Tim Thomas and of course, Crosby ahead of him when it comes to the Hart. Both of them have been just insane this year.

I'm still upset Datsyuk didn't win the Hart in 2009, when he clearly deserved it over both Ovechkin and Malkin, but that's a separate argument. The Hart, aka League's Most Valuable Player should be not the most proficient scorer (as we have an award for that) but the most complete player in the game. How can that not be Datsyuk? Crosby's numbers are ridiculous, I'm not trying to deny anything on him at all, but all the points in the world shouldn't win you the Hart. It's not going to matter, as previously stated, he (likely Crosby) with the most points will be your MVP. People need to open their eyes...

I'm still upset Datsyuk didn't win the Hart in 2009, when he clearly deserved it over both Ovechkin and Malkin, but that's a separate argument. The Hart, aka League's Most Valuable Player should be not the most proficient scorer (as we have an award for that) but the most complete player in the game. How can that not be Datsyuk? Crosby's numbers are ridiculous, I'm not trying to deny anything on him at all, but all the points in the world shouldn't win you the Hart. It's not going to matter, as previously stated, he (likely Crosby) with the most points will be your MVP. People need to open their eyes...

You seem to be confusing the most valuable player to the most talented player. Crosby is carrying his team more than Datsyuk. The Pens would be WAY worse off without him in the lineup. The Wings would survive without Datsyuk.

Edited by Broken 16

Guest Stolberg

so you think datsyuk should win the hart based on criteria that isn't used for the hart?

actually.. it's basically what the selke trophy is now

Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis

Cooke - Talbot - Asham

Conner - Letestu - Kennedy

Rupp - Adams - Godard

The forward lineup the Pens iced last game. Pathetic :lol:

The Penguins are my least favourite team in the league, but anyone who doesn't think Crosby is the hands down Hart winner at this point in the season loses all credibility on the topic of Penguins/Crosby, they're clearly blinded by hate.

As implied all throughout this thread, the difference is that Crosby is carrying the lackluster Penguin team on his back with an incredible performance and awesome production numbers, while Datsyuk is having an awesome all round year on a team chock full of contributors, save one.

I'm really hoping for a SCF rematch so Wings can beat Crosby and his Penns.