• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pat

Trade Time?

Rate this topic

I think it's time for the redwings to make a trade...

With injuries continually adding up I think it's time to end the experiment with hudler.

Hudler for who, that's the question.

My Guess would be Sergei Gonchar or Alex Hemsky(Kindof disapeared in the last few years)

That's just my opinion, but with the way Edmonton has played the GM may consider trimming salary.

Where do people come up with this stuff? 2nd in the west, 2nd overall and we should just start trading guys? Little bit of indifferent play and some injuries but making needless trades doesn't solve anything.

Real life is not like NHL '11, throwing a new guy on the team while it could help, could also destroy team chemistry and be a complete failure. How do you know Hemsky or Gonchar will do anything for the wings? With how the wings are doing right now I think the best course of action is bide their time and give some of the teams prospects a chance to get NHL experience under their belts. There are worse things in the world than what the wings are going through and so long as they a few players step it up some what they shouldn't come out of this stretch any worse for the wear.

Edited by Shaman464

No trades.

This is the reason we over ripen players. Guys like Kindl, Mursak, and Tatar would already be on active rosters elsewhere. Their job right now is to step up and fill the gap. Something they've been prepared to do.

We have guys like Helm, and Eaves stepping up and fulfilling the roles designated to them. If anything, you guys who go into panic mode and scream, "Trade! Trade! Trade!" illustrate why the Detroit Red Wings are superior to every team in terms of management and preparedness. They don't need to, and don't hit the panic button when the chips are down. They are the pinnacle of professionalism in sports, and a benchmark f how to run any organization.

So in closing to the Doomsayers,

Sit back, relax tonight and watch the game. Then come on LGW and post in the Tatar/Eaves/Helm watch threads about how the Wings have found diamonds in the rough.

Nope. It's becoming less and less necessary everyday despite injuries. We're still winning. And if there's one good thing about Howard s***ting the bed lately, it's that he'll be easier and cheaper to sign up again. I haven't lost faith in him long term, but I'd much rather have him for another couple years at $2-2.5 million. My only concern is Eaves. If he keeps it up, he's going to be due for a big raise. If they need to clear salary to keep him, then try to send Hudler packing if anyone wants him at the deadline. But not now. Most we would see is another Miller-esque move and that likely won't happen until more guys go down, which hopefully doesn't happen!

as holland said last year "getting our players back will be our trade deadline movement" or whatever the f*** he said.

:lol: Should Holland model his GM style after Sutter's in Calgary? Lots of exciting trades to screw with team chemistry and pathetic results on the ice. I'll put my faith in the GM who's shown he knows how to make winning teams.

Hudler, Miller, and a first rounder for Steven Stamkos.

:thumbup:

Hells yeah. I can get behind that deal. How about Kindl and a 2nd for Hall? Then we'd really be cookin'. :thumbup:

We've won our last 5 road games in a row. s***... we need to make a deal NOW!

And Hudler isn't an 'experiment'. He's a prospect that has come up through the system.

We've had a good first half, but that being said..Hudler was a waste of space on the bench nearly the entire time.

Just because someone says that they want to see someone traded, doesn't mean that they think that the sky is falling. Although that is usually everyone's OVER reaction. Let the man say what he wants. Supposed to be a friendly place.

Oh and if you don't consider all of your options, that's when you miss an opportunity. So a curious mind is a good thing

We've had a good first half, but that being said..Hudler was a waste of space on the bench nearly the entire time.

Just because someone says that they want to see someone traded, doesn't mean that they think that the sky is falling. Although that is usually everyone's OVER reaction. Let the man say what he wants. Supposed to be a friendly place.

Who told you that? Did Edi tell you that? That sneaky...

Oh and if you don't consider all of your options, that's when you miss an opportunity. So a curious mind is a good thing

Nice logic. Does that apply to me and my opinion too?

With injuries continually adding up I think it's time to end the experiment with hudler.

My Guess would be Sergei Gonchar or Alex Hemsky(Kindof disapeared in the last few years)

That's just my opinion, but with the way Edmonton has played the GM may consider trimming salary.

Sergei Gonchar is a defensive sieve and Hemsky is injury prone. We do not need a sieve and we have enough injured players. If your going to make a trade suggestion, at least make it a good one.

Can we trade you? Maybe we can get a conditional pick or maybe a Thrashers fan.

Edited by kook_10

We're a point out of the top spot in the conference, are sitting well for the playoffs in spite of injuries right now, unlike last season. Not to say I'm not against trading guys like Hudler or Miller (not that I have anything against them, want them to do good etc.) to make the roster better, but there is no need to make a drastic move unless we make just have a long stretch of games where we tank, which I don't think will happen.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

If you ask me, Hudler has arisen. Not just the shootout goal, but his overall play. He's done a lot better on the PP at the half-boards. The set-up for Eaves was pure creative hands. Hopefully he keeps it up.

I agree, he is playing like he gives a s***. I'm all for a trade as long is it is lopsided in our favor. Our 1st, Hulder and Miller for OV a 1st, 2nd and 3rd ;)

If you ask me, Hudler has arisen. Not just the shootout goal, but his overall play. He's done a lot better on the PP at the half-boards. The set-up for Eaves was pure creative hands. Hopefully he keeps it up.

It will take Hudler, Eaves, Helm, Kindl and Kronwall stepping it up to make up for the current losses, so far they all have been playing very well since the injuries have started to plague the team and the team doesn't look too much worse for the wear. Hopefully they all also keep up this level when the others start to return.