74 replies to this topic

#61 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:54 AM

chris neil. He is overpaid though...
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#62 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:17 AM

Deja vu
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#63 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:02 AM

Posted Image

Just imagine the possiblities.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#64 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:52 AM

Can i put a vote in for mike underwood? I know hes not having a great season...but the sens are prerty bad this year so far. I think his production would go up on a better squad, though i wouldnt over pay for him...

#65 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:52 AM

Posted Image

of what, "kovalev is lazy and he sucks" threads?
Posted Image

#66 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:20 AM

I'm just glad nobody here is GM because we would be losing top prospects and top six forwards left and right.

#67 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:05 PM

Kovalev for the run in and cup, he would be awesome on Pavs Wing. The guy has insane skills, put him on a team like ours and it would only be better.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#68 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:12 PM

Kovalev for the run in and cup, he would be awesome on Pavs Wing. The guy has insane skills, put him on a team like ours and it would only be better.

Certainly, but at 5 million. In the cap era. No thanks.
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#69 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:01 PM

Pav would have to play double the defense if kovalev were to be on his line...

#70 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:14 PM

Hell no to Kovalev. This isn't NHL 11 where you can control him, and even then he doesn't skate all the time.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#71 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:17 PM

Posted Image

I'm not over my jealousy.

Mike Milbury called him a DOG, man... Haha.

#72 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:00 PM

kovalev is the laziest skilled player in the history of the NHL. any of the sens that would actually help the wings are overpaid.

and on a side note...the sens have been dismantling since their lackluster performance that handed the ducks the cup in '06.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#73 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:08 PM

kovalev is the laziest skilled player in the history of the NHL. any of the sens that would actually help the wings are overpaid.

and on a side note...the sens have been dismantling since their lackluster performance that handed the ducks the cup in '06.

06 was our lackluster preformance that handed the canes the oilers as their stanley cup match up.

#74 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:24 PM

Pretty much what I expected... I would hang on to Spezza and Karlsson (maybe Regin too) and try to move anyone else.

I'd love for the Wings to get Alfredsson as he would fit right in here, but considering how much Alfie has meant to that franchise I doubt they will actively shop him unless he asks them to (he also has an NTC). Alfie still has 2 years left after this one so he might not be moved till next year or the after that, but I would love to see him get a chance at a Cup, even better if its with the Wings :D

Gonchar will be hard to move after his terrible season so far and 2 more years left on his contract

Phillips (UFA) will garner them a nice return, a team like Washington or San Jose could really use him

Kovalev is probably the biggest lock to be moved, I would expect Pittsburgh, maybe Montreal. He has an NMC but it probably won't be an issue.

Mike Fisher would definitely have value to other teams (1 year left) as would Neil (2 years), Michalek possibly (3 years), Ruutu (UFA), and Foligno (1 year)

As a 2nd team Sens fan, I do hope they blow it up (and maybe Pierre will the man to do it :wink: )

no
Posted Image

#75 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:31 PM

Milan Hejduk too.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.