Photo
- - - - -

Crosby's family trying to convice him to retire?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:36 PM

From KK:
Bob McCown on Fan590 in Toronto just said he has heard Sidney Crosby’s family is trying to convince him to retire from the game.

Telling him he has accomplished everything in the game and don’t want him to risk any more injuries.

I cant believe this is true. Unless his concussion is REALLY bad.

This just in as well Pierre Mcguire arrested for trying to kill Sydney Crosby's family.

#2 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:41 PM

wow that is actually really sad. i loved to see the guy get crushed, but not concussed or anything. i hope he returns because he is great for the game. even though i hate him for what hes done to us in the past lol (2009).

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#3 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:45 PM

In the end it's Crosby and not his family who will decide, and I doubt very much he even considers retiring already. Sure, he's accomplished pretty much everything and is probably crazy rich, but say what you will about him; the guy loves hockey and won't just give it up because his mom is freaking out over an injury.

He'll be back, I just don't expect it to be this season.

#4 fivetenandagame

fivetenandagame

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:46 PM

From KK:
Bob McCown on Fan590 in Toronto just said he has heard Sidney Crosby's family is trying to convince him to retire from the game.

Telling him he has accomplished everything in the game and don't want him to risk any more injuries.

I cant believe this is true. Unless his concussion is REALLY bad.

This just in as well Pierre Mcguire arrested for trying to kill Sydney Crosby's family.

Sounds like hearsay at this point. Wouldn't doubt it though. Playing sports for a living is one thing. Playing with injuries that threaten your quality of life going forward and the love of family is another entirely.

Setting aside his douchebagginess for a second, he's a great talent and has accomplished more in 6 years than most players ever will. Frankly, it'd be sad if he had to retire b/c of injuries. Sad when any player's career is cut short (Cam Neely anyone).

If this is true, coupled with the fact that he has or will end up missing nearly 1/2 a season b/c of this, it sounds like his family knows something we don't. Particularly the severity of his symptoms. I think it's probably pretty common for injured athletes to have family allegedly saying these things. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I just hope they are overreacting and that his symptoms aren't that bad.

Despite the fact that I'm not a big fan and I hate Pittsburgh with a passion, I'd hate to see his career cut short. Just a supreme talent and it would be a big loss for the NHL and hockey fans in my humble opinion.

#5 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:47 PM

rumor mill is churning.

#6 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:53 PM

He will be back, just not this year. Concussion are tricky and if the Pens want to take the right steps in allowing their 8.7 million dollar investment come back when he is ready? So be it. I just want to see him lose and lose often when he comes back, that's all there is to it. But as a human being and hockey fan I do want the little douchebag back.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#7 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:54 PM

If he is forced to retire by his family that would be great, I hate that f*****.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#8 fivetenandagame

fivetenandagame

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:56 PM

If he is forced to retire by his family that would be great, I hate that f*****.

LGW, keeping it classy.

Sheesh man, it's just hockey.

#9 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:57 PM

Not to mention Hank has some more ownage to unleash when they play again.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#10 fivetenandagame

fivetenandagame

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:00 PM

Not to mention Hank has some more ownage to unleash when they play again.

+1

I'd much rather play against the best and hopefully kick their butts than to have guys retire early from injury just because they pose a threat to my team. Much more rewarding to beat the best than to get the easy road.

My dream playoffs would have us playing the Ducks, Hawks, Canucks and Penguins with all their players healthy and hoisting the Cup at the end.

#11 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:00 PM

That's sad, but I do have a hatred for Crosby like no other. I am conflicted. I can't even come to terms with acknowledging Crybaby has talent (sort of how I like to think the 09 playoffs were locked out), but this would be unfortunate. I'm sure he will be back, but you never know, nobody expected him to be sitting this long as is and with all the concussion talk going on...

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#12 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:06 PM

How about this, I know he is chalk full of talent but I hate his attitude and everything that goes with it. Am I afraid of him? No. Do I just think he is a s***ty self centered person? Yes.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

2011 playoff pick game

#13 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:08 PM

Yeah right. This is just junk for the media. Not gonna get my hopes up.

#14 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:11 PM

How about this, I know he is chalk full of talent but I hate his attitude and everything that goes with it. Am I afraid of him? No. Do I just think he is a s***ty self centered person? Yes.

How can you say what kinda person someone is based on his play on the ice? Have you actually met Crosby?
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#15 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,475 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:14 PM

Rumor planted by the NHL? They have to keep his name out there somehow. I suspect he will be back, next season perhaps. I wish him no harm, even though I also dislike him intensely.

He needs to work on his facial expressions and not look like he's about to throw a tantrum and cry every time things don't go his way. Seriously.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#16 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:15 PM

How can you say what kinda person someone is based on his play on the ice? Have you actually met Crosby?

The ice yes, and all the interviews that have been crammed our way and all that s*** too. I'm ready for him to be gone.

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

2011 playoff pick game

#17 fivetenandagame

fivetenandagame

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:21 PM

The ice yes, and all the interviews that have been crammed our way and all that s*** too. I'm ready for him to be gone.

Well then you're looking to be offended by him. And despite what you posted earlier, you're simply not capable of distinguishing between his in game or post game stuff (of which he can be very douchey) and his off the ice stuff where he is very well spoken, humble and gracious.

Not that we need to go scouring the internet for more Crosby but the videos are out there. Away from the ice he seems like just another young, talented, aw shucks kind of hockey kid. Hockey is known for this. This isn't the NBA.

In game, that's one thing. No debating that. Away from the game, I have nothing bad to say about the kid. Handles himself exceptionally well in interviews and has done so since he was 18. That's my opinion anyway.

#18 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:24 PM

I'm not asking for people to agree with me I'm just saying how I feel on it.

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

2011 playoff pick game

#19 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:24 PM

I feel bad for the guy so much talent.

#20 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:27 PM

I have.

He told me that Bettman makes sure nothing happens to him and that there is a massive conspiracy against the Wings now that he is in the league.

Then he ate a kitten and kicked me in the shins. What a jerk.

Posted Image