• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,644 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:17 AM

Glad to see Detroit get the win, but also would be appropriate to take the time and congratulate the Coyotes on another good season, it's a shame that they don't know whether or not they'll continue to be able to turn it around in Phoenix. Regardless, they've improved their team and should be proud of the success they've had the last few years. Let's be gracious winners and give credit where it's due.

Edited by Hockeytown0001, 21 April 2011 - 12:22 AM.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#2 redwingcapt

redwingcapt

redwingcapt

• PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:20 AM

Doan 's tears brought warmth to my heart and a smile to my face :rolleyes:

Edited by redwingcapt, 21 April 2011 - 12:21 AM.

To whom much is given, much is expected

#3 Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

First Line Center

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:20 AM

They have improved a lot, hopefully they will find out soon whats happening either way

Posted Image

#4 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:21 AM

Congrats, Phoenix!

The crowd is STILL giving them a standing O. Very cool.

Not knowing has to be the absolute worst. I hope they find out one way or the other soon.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#5 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:22 AM

Classy thread, HT. Major thumbs up!

#6 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:22 AM

Doan 's tears brought warmth to my heart and a smile to my face :rolleyes:

Don't even start. I'll leave this here as a fine example of what not to "contribute" to this thread.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#7 webwing91

webwing91

Rookie

• Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:24 AM

Despite being a Wings fan my whole life, I was definitely cheering for Phoenix this year. However, the Wings really and truly played flawless Red Wings hockey from beginning to end. The Yotes didn't play their game until game 4, but regardless there was no chance for them. There are tougher teams out there, but if they play like they did this series, the Wings will be tough to beat.

That said, I am still ridiculously proud of the Phoenix Coyotes. They've done so much with so little, against so much. There is so much hate out there for my city. For my home. But in the midst of this negativity this team has been an inspiration, a beacon of hope.

To me these two teams are what hockey and life is all about. Doing things the right way, undeniable heart, and never backing down. Anyways, onto the next series. Go Wings! (And long live the Phoenix Coyotes).

#8 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,045 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:25 AM

They gave it all they had, just outclassed this year. I mean in no disrespect to Phoenix, but I'm excited to see the Jets come back. Hopefully we dont meet them in the playoffs anymore so I can like Shane Doan, guy is a beast, but I dont like him against Detroit :ph34r:

#NOMOREKINDL

#9 good morning

good morning

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:26 AM

Good run for Phoenix, and I hope their future is figured out soon! :)

#10 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:27 AM

You cannot deny that they played with all their hearts and they wanted to win as bad as anyone could. They played with a lot of desire. Hopefully all these ownership issues get sorted out soon and they will have a bright future whether they stay or go.

Congrats on a great season.

#11 webwing91

webwing91

Rookie

• Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:28 AM

Great, Classy post. As a Phoenix fan, I am very proud of them. They've fought so hard for two years against incredible odds. However, the Wings fight hard too. And rooting for another team this series, I've gained an appreciation for Red Wings hockey I never had when I was just a Wings fan.

#12 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:29 AM

They played their hearts out, no doubt. Possibly some personnel changes this offseason? The Yotes braintrust may have some decisions to make on Klesla, Korpikoski, etc.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#13 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:37 AM

I lost respect for JovoCop. He looked like a bitter old man. And my respect for Doan went down. Awesome hockey player but he yaps damn near as much as Sean Avery. Kyle Turris is going to be a great player in this league.

Edited by T.Low, 21 April 2011 - 12:39 AM.

#14 BlueMonk

BlueMonk

Cleaner

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:40 AM

Hear, hear. Congrats to the Coyotes and their fans and I hope to see them back in Phoenix next year. Doan is a hell of a leader and Bryz is a fine goalie who had a bad series but will bounce back. Better days are ahead.
"Just charge me with the usual." -Bob Probert

#15 Hatchet Barry

Hatchet Barry

Long Live The Winged Wheel

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:43 AM

A truley classy thread. Congrats Yotes on the solid season. Best of luck going forward.

Never undersestimate the predictability of stupidity

#16 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:44 AM

I don't see the point of this topic, but oh well...

I was not cheering for Phoenix, nor would I be if I lived in Phoenix.. obviously especially not if I were in Winnipeg either. I don't want a team to stay in an area it's not viable in. The Arizona region is more fit for an AHL team or lower, not NHL.

#17 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:45 AM

I think the 'Yotes have a good foundation, and whether they're in Phoenix or Winnipeg next year, I hope they continue to play. Doan is a great player, and he's a career player there, and he won't have too many more shots at winning a cup.

Hopefully they don't have to wait long.

The one thing about this game that irked me though, is that all the Phoenix fans were crying and being supportive. I love to see that and all, but the problem for me is, where were they the rest of the season? The crowd was pretty full the last two nights, and it looked like a lot of 'Yotes fans. If those same fans went to games in the regular season, the team would be more likely to stay in Phoenix.

#18 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:47 AM

Regardless of where they end up, that is a hell of a hockey team. Glad we got out of that series in 4, cause they can bruise you. They fight hard and it was fun playing them the past two years. Best of luck to the fans in Phoenix, I can't imagine what it would be like to lose your team.
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#19 Chelios57

Chelios57

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:59 AM

Classy stuff. Couldn't agree more. Good luck to you Phoenix in whatever the future may hold; hopefully more hockey in the desert.
Atlanta Thrashers: 1999-2011

WINTER CLASSIC 2013

"When you want to measure yourself, you don't measure yourself against, no disrespect to TORONTO or any other team that I can think of right now, you measure yourself against the Detroit Red Wings. They are the best in the league, and whether they won last year's Cup or didn't win last year's Cup, they're the measuring stick." - Bruce Boudreau

#20 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:00 AM

What kind of Wings fan cheers for the other team...o.0

Posted Image