• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 4 GDT: Sharks 3 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

what a s*** decision not putting Mo in the lineup. I am slowly losing faith in this team. We used to praise on this "veteran" presence and sometimes it works; it's undeniable.

Now we are up against what could be the last game of the season and the last game of Mo's career and he gets s*** on. What was it that Illitch said when it was announced that Mo' was coming to town? "Cuppy, Cuppy, Cuppy" yeah...right.

Edited by NvrFrgtRussian5

How about we only post something positive in this thread today? If you don't have something nice to say, don't share it here.

The Wings are doing their best to believe in themselves and so should we.

Then honestly this thread might as well die right here :lol:

GO WINGS!!!!

I'm not ready to give in yet. I'm not ready to change my allegiance to Boston yet. This can't be the end. I know that eventually it will come to an end, but not yet. One more night, guys, that's all I ask.

It makes me think of something my mom said to me a couple months before she passed away. "I haven't fought this long and this hard to give up this easily." She was talking about fighting cancer, but I think these words fit the boys well.

Don't go down without a fight, boys.

Despite history and a vast majority of posters on here, I'm watching this game tonight and cheering on the boys while sipping on a few brews. It just doesn't make any sense to do otherwise.

GO WINGS GO!!!

Here, here! I'll be doing the same.

Still hockey left to watch, and that is a good thing any day.

We've been close all series, no reason we can't get a win tonight.

I won't be able to watch the game as my sister is graduating from college this evening and family comes first.......but I better come back to find a 5 at the top of the page, or else I'm going to be royally pissed off.

At this point down 0-3 I'd actually like tonight's game to go to overtime. I'd love a spirited 4 OT game the Wings can WIN and hopefully going forward, even if not for glory this year, to change OT attitudes on the club and the fanbase. Why 4 OT's? As much as I hope, as much as I cheer, I'm a realist. We're not down 0-3 to the Rangers. 4 OT's might take the proverbial pound of flesh off the Sharks.

At this point down 0-3 I'd actually like tonight's game to go to overtime. I'd love a spirited 4 OT game the Wings can WIN and hopefully going forward, even if not for glory this year, to change OT attitudes on the club and the fanbase. Why 4 OT's? As much as I hope, as much as I cheer, I'm a realist. We're not down 0-3 to the Rangers. 4 OT's might take the proverbial pound of flesh off the Sharks.

You're crazy. :lol:

A 4 OT game? I almost have a heart attack each time we play one OT period.

I've been laying low, not wanting to be taken as salt in the wound. Time and a place for everything. I won't post in this thread during the game for that same reason (unless the Wings are blowing out the Sharks - then I might come in), but I will say that this is not the series I had hoped for against the Wings this year. You can't pick your outcomes and it's often said that you shouldn't pick your poison, but I did want this series to be WCF. I wanted the Sharks to win, of course, but I love the Wings second only to the Sharks (and don't consider myself conflicted as a result), and as such wanted a nail-biter that went at least six and was hard fought both ways.

It is what it is. The edge has always been sharp enough to make the outcome of each and every game tantamount to a coin toss. As such, I don't think the Wings needed to do anything with their lines or anything else, but only step up their existing game for more scoring chances, which is the only way to actually start to count on lady luck.

In terms of work, heart and grit alone, I thought both teams deserved to win Game 3, with an edge to the Wings, who outworked the Sharks for two of those periods. I'm still shocked at the outcome. Not displeased, obviously, but shocked - truly stunned - nonetheless. But the Wings did ramp up their play with each successive game, and did get more scoring chances, and I don't expect that ramping has stopped at all. Two very solid and determined teams will be on the ice tonight, intently focused on winning this one game, and very much in the moment - and as a result we should all be treated to some amazing hockey.

I do wish I was in Detroit, having a brew and enjoying a hard fought game with some of the best, most loyal, positive, optimistic and amazing fans in the NHL. icon_cheers.gif

I've been laying low, not wanting to be taken as salt in the wound. Time and a place for everything. I won't post in this thread during the game for that same reason (unless the Wings are blowing out the Sharks - then I might come in), but I will say that this is not the series I had hoped for against the Wings this year. You can't pick your outcomes and it's often said that you shouldn't pick your poison, but I did want this series to be WCF. I wanted the Sharks to win, of course, but I love the Wings second only to the Sharks (and don't consider myself conflicted as a result), and as such wanted a nail-biter that went at least six and was hard fought both ways.

It is what it is. The edge has always been sharp enough to make the outcome of each and every game tantamount to a coin toss. As such, I don't think the Wings needed to do anything with their lines or anything else, but only step up their existing game for more scoring chances, which is the only way to actually start to count on lady luck.

In terms of work, heart and grit alone, I thought both teams deserved to win Game 3, with an edge to the Wings, who outworked the Sharks for two of those periods. I'm still shocked at the outcome. Not displeased, obviously, but shocked - truly stunned - nonetheless. But the Wings did ramp up their play with each successive game, and did get more scoring chances, and I don't expect that ramping has stopped at all. Two very solid and determined teams will be on the ice tonight, intently focused on winning this one game, and very much in the moment - and as a result we should all be treated to some amazing hockey.

I do wish I was in Detroit, having a brew and enjoying a hard fought game with some of the best, most loyal, positive, optimistic and amazing fans in the NHL. icon_cheers.gif

Always appreciate your contributions. A true class act and glad to have your input around here.

beerchug.gif cheers! Hope it's an exciting contest.

Edited by HankthaTank

I was the same way with the Wings and Pens in both finals. Obviously I wanted the wings to win but didn't mind losing to the pens, except Crosby, why couldn't he had gone to the ducks. Anyway, I have alot of respect for the Sharks, just not their immature ways. If this is the end then I'll support the Sharks and the Lightning for the finals. But If we go down I want it to be fighting, as King Leonidas said in the movie 300 "Give them nothing, But take from them Everything" Go Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets send this thing back to San Jose.

Awesome post. Accurate imho. I hope it goes to 7 games with that coin-toss outcome. Both teams (and their respective fans) deserve that. Note: the Sharks are going to be in shock beginning with tonite's 4 - 1 Wings win, and it will only get more tense for them leading up to game 7. I will be very disappointed if there are no octopus flying tonite. I will be at work, but the DVR will be waiting to show me a Wings victory when I get home.