• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:47 AM

Pretty cool how Kid Rock came to announce his Comerica Park concert. Check out the photos on Freep, DetNews etc.. here are a few photos of him with Nick abd Cheli.
Attached File  1.jpg   27.81KB   190 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   32.08KB   191 downloadsAttached File  3.jpg   25.29KB   183 downloadsAttached File  4.jpg   32.3KB   172 downloads

Has anyone ever sat beside him at games? If so what's he like.. been to a few concerts and he's just awesome, especially in the last couple years big change from the old Kid Rock!

Edited by wingfan1991, 04 June 2011 - 07:48 AM.

#2 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,559 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:12 AM

Not a big fan of his music but he seems like an all right guy, as far as anyone can tell from a public figure.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#3 sandyeggo wingnut

sandyeggo wingnut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:33 AM

Pretty cool how Kid Rock came to announce his Comerica Park concert. Check out the photos on Freep, DetNews etc.. here are a few photos of him with Nick abd Cheli.
Attached File  1.jpg   27.81KB   190 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   32.08KB   191 downloadsAttached File  3.jpg   25.29KB   183 downloadsAttached File  4.jpg   32.3KB   172 downloads

Has anyone ever sat beside him at games? If so what's he like.. been to a few concerts and he's just awesome, especially in the last couple years big change from the old Kid Rock!

Didn't sit next to him...We were on the other side of the zamboni entrance...didn't even know he was at the game (with Hank Williams jr). As far as I can tell, when he's at a game...he's just like the rest of us rowdy hardworking hockey fans. The game is about the wings...not him.

#4 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:42 AM

Didn't sit next to him...We were on the other side of the zamboni entrance...didn't even know he was at the game (with Hank Williams jr). As far as I can tell, when he's at a game...he's just like the rest of us rowdy hardworking hockey fans. The game is about the wings...not him.

Thats badass, I've been to a couple games where hes at but whenever they show him on the big screen hes just sitting there twirling his thumbs.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#5 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:42 AM

Don't really care for his music, but I will admit that he's a great entertainer. I've been to one of his live shows at Comerica, and it was a good time. Seems like he'd be fun to hang out with, I would think he's pretty down to earth.

#6 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,821 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:56 AM

I wanted to sit next to him back when he was dating Pamela Anderson.

Posted Image

Edited by GMRwings1983, 04 June 2011 - 11:57 AM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#7 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

You mean this Kid Rock?
Posted Image

#8 weGotTheCup89

weGotTheCup89

This is for the Wings fans!

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 03:30 PM

You mean this Kid Rock?
Posted Image

His music sucks. He celebrates with the Blackhawks.
But.. He's pretty chill with Lidstrom and Cheli. Good enough in my book, probably a cool guy.
Also this: http://www.facebook....gid=26786292310

Edited by weGotTheCup89, 04 June 2011 - 03:31 PM.

Q: Of all the individual trophies you have not won, which one would you most like to win?
Datsyuk: I have so many of them that I haven't won. I think I would most like to win a trophy to the best goaltending duo.

#9 Itchin' to go

Itchin' to go

Jr. Prospect

• 29 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:57 PM

I didn't sit next to him, but once I was standing by the heavy red curtains nearest the garage exit when a security guard asked me to step aside which I did as a man with one leg came thru, as he walked past me I stepped back into my spot and and about knocked over Kid Rock who was following right behind him. We were both startled but he said hi and told me to have a good one. I called my daughter on the home and told her I basically hung out with kid that night.

I'd party with him!!

Ryan

#10 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:02 PM

I called my daughter on the home and told her I basically hung out with kid that night.

So you lied to your daughter?

#11 Itchin' to go

Itchin' to go

Jr. Prospect

• 29 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:30 PM

So you lied to your daughter?

Uhhh, that was a joke.

#12 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:43 AM

They need to hang out with a better class of people.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#13 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:56 AM

Those are awesome pictures
IPB Image

#14 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:06 PM

http://video.redwing...id=-6&id=116608

Video of it.
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#15 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,559 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:35 PM

Well that Chicago picture makes me second-guess my first appraisal of Kid Rock, haha.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#16 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:53 PM

Well that Chicago picture makes me second-guess my first appraisal of Kid Rock, haha.

Ya, sucky picture. But everyone who knows anything about the Kid is that he is Detroit to the bone. Stuff like that is just to hype the crowd and he probably didnt even plan it himself anyway.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#17 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:20 PM

Ya, sucky picture. But everyone who knows anything about the Kid is that he is Detroit to the bone. Stuff like that is just to hype the crowd and he probably didnt even plan it himself anyway.

yeah... he's Detroit to the bone.... Nashville to the bone.... Malibu to the bone.... and I guess chicago to the bone too. :ph34r:

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#18 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,697 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:53 PM

It's all about money... That was a concert of his is Chicago and he was probably told it was gonna happen to help keep the "Stanley Cup High" going in the city. He needs the people of Chicago to buy his albums and to come to his concerts, so he is not gonna say anything bad about the Blackhawks. It's sort of like when one night a rock band playing in Detroit will announce that Detroit has the best fans in the world! Then the next night in Houston, he'll announce the same thing, except that he'll say Houston fans are the best in the world... You have to do PR wherever you go and do whatever it takes to keep the fans spending money on your stuff!

You did notice that he didn't come anywhere near putting the Jersey on, this shows that he still bleeds Red Wings...

I am not that big of a Kid fan now-a-days with the music he is making now, I am more of a Stone Cold Pimp Kid Rock fan and even as far back as Pimp of the Nation, but you can have the All Summer Long Kid Rock. Either way though, he is a great Ambassador for Detroit and him along with Eminem (like him or not) are the type of positive things this city needs to get back on it's feet... (if that's even possible)

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#19 weGotTheCup89

weGotTheCup89

This is for the Wings fans!

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:18 PM

At that concert after he lifted the Cup, he also said that they better enjoy it, because it would be back in Detroit the next year.
Q: Of all the individual trophies you have not won, which one would you most like to win?
Datsyuk: I have so many of them that I haven't won. I think I would most like to win a trophy to the best goaltending duo.

#20 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:05 PM

Nick Lidstrom paddle boards on water...as opposed to walking on it. :P

Edited by wingnut40, 06 June 2011 - 07:10 PM.

Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.