• Please log in to reply
763 replies to this topic

#441 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,505 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:53 PM

Given the fact that he wouldn't be able to officially sign anywhere until July 1st, I don't see what the big deal is.

Well - Jagr could offer a verbal commitment, or a "gentlemans" agreement with 1 GM, or another...Dunno if that would violate anything since he's been outta the NHL for some time.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#442 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:42 PM

Yeah, when I heard he can't officially sign with anyone till July 1st, I thought, "So he'll just announce who he'll sign with whenever and then make it official on that day." It won't be a mystery on July 1st as to which team Jagr is playing for.

#443 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:44 PM

Yeah, when I heard he can't officially sign with anyone till July 1st, I thought, "So he'll just announce who he'll sign with whenever and then make it official on that day." It won't be a mystery on July 1st as to which team Jagr is playing for.

I was under the understanding that he could sign sooner, since he wasn't already under contract and the July 1 date was more of a self imposed sign date... does anyone have a link to the section of the CBA that clears this up?

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#444 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:01 PM

I was under the understanding that he could sign sooner, since he wasn't already under contract and the July 1 date was more of a self imposed sign date... does anyone have a link to the section of the CBA that clears this up?

I would think it has less to do with the CBA & more to do with the transfer agreements in place between the NHL & the IIHF/KHL.

#445 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:31 PM

I would think it has less to do with the CBA & more to do with the transfer agreements in place between the NHL & the IIHF/KHL.

No one in Russia cares about those transfer agreements :hehe:

Sounds like this rule pertains to Jagr: 10.2b iiA2

the Player, having become a Defected Player
pursuant to Section 10.2(b)(i)(A), has become free
of any obligation to
such unaffiliated club(s) or such
other professional hockey club(s) during the off
season
and has not, prior to sixty (60) days
thereafter, entered into a valid SPC for a period
which includes the current and/or following season
for his services as a professional hockey player with
the Club with which he was last under SPC; or

As long as Bettman signs off on it, Jagr can sign before July 1st without having to pass through waivers.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#446 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:23 PM

Now there are whispers that Detroit is out of it as they are uninterested in making a second offer.

Hardball. I like it Holland.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#447 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:33 PM

Now there are whispers that Detroit is out of it as they are uninterested in making a second offer.

I agree. Holland made his offer, if Jagr doesn't like it, oh well, Holland has better plans with that $16M than to give $4M of it to Jagr. Far better players out there to offer $3M-$4M to instead of and younger than Jagr... I am ok with him being a Red Wing, but only on Holland's terms. I'd rather see most of that cash spent on the Defense...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#448 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:46 PM

Nice to see Holland taking a hard stance (if that is the case). With limited interest from NHL teams, he needs us more than we need him.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#449 Jocke

Jocke

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:33 AM

I'm okay with it. I think he has grown up a lot during the past years.

#450 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

jagr has always been slow, I really don't think he can keep up with the NHL game anymore, remember when brett hull signed with phx and retired after a few games????

also i think babcock and jagr could not co-exist. babcock demands the most out of his players, jagr is lazy and always has been...

Babcock vs. Jagr would be epic.

Babcock doesn't appear to like Hudler too much, but at least Hudler works hard. When he doesn't, you get his performance the first couple months of last season. Jagr is the epitome of a floater who has always gotten by on natural talent. Which has worked fine, given his sick combination of strength, speed, and skill. But now he's 40. And still a floater. Doesn't have the same speed, skill is down... and he doesn't have that overpowering strength he once had.

Although why not sign Jagr and Vrbata, and we could have the best Czeching line in the league!

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#451 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:35 PM

Babcock doesn't appear to like Hudler too much, but at least Hudler works hard. When he doesn't, you get his performance the first couple months of last season. Jagr is the epitome of a floater who has always gotten by on natural talent. Which has worked fine, given his sick combination of strength, speed, and skill. But now he's 40. And still a floater. Doesn't have the same speed, skill is down... and he doesn't have that overpowering strength he once had.

Although why not sign Jagr and Vrbata, and we could have the best Czeching line in the league!

False.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#452 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:53 PM

Good...if he doesn't want to come here, that doesn't break my heart in the least. Go back to s***sburgh where they want your sorry little ass and your attitude. Jagr will never fit in here - he can't park his ego at the door.
Posted Image

#453 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:42 PM

The odds of a Jagr deal are decreasing by the minute. A trade would light a fire under the possibility, but the Wings don't seem to have anyone on the line.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#454 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:01 PM

Haha... Every f'n post...

#455 YzerPucks19

YzerPucks19

Prospect

• 36 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:02 PM

Please don't sign a guy who has scored 646 goals, 1,599 pts. in his whole Hockey career.
Please we didn't need goals in the playoffs.
He can still score. Sign him to a one year deal with bonuses.

Yes please don't sign him. We got Franzen......oh wait he gets hurt alot.

He would score 35 plus with Dats on his line.

I found out that if you are going to win games, you had better be ready to adapt.

Scotty Bowman

#456 SweWings

SweWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:58 AM

For the right price I could see him sporting the Winged Wheel... but it would have to be closer to $2M than $3M. Though, to be fair, if it's a 1 year contract and given the drought in this years UFA pool they might as well throw in a bit more - Detroit could really use a scoring winger. The more I write, the further convinced I get :). Get it done Kenny!

#457 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,505 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:13 AM

Haha... Every f'n post...

I know, and to think he's actually serious :lol:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#458 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:40 AM

If he was being sarcastic, I could see the humor in it. But he's not. That's what worries me.

Come on Kenny, do your best Chris Matthews..."Let's play Hardball."
Posted Image

#459 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:11 AM

there is a rumor we have offered one year 3.75M contract.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#460 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:13 AM

there is a rumor we have offered one year 3.75M contract.

Any source for this rumor?

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png