• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

robb himself

July 1st UFA Wish List

Rate this topic

It is true that TB is vulnerable to getting Stamkos sheeted... but Yzerman would make a trade in the time period allotted to ensure they match. He is the franchise...

I actually would love it if they went after Stamkos, he trades Vinnie to make space and ends up picking Richards up to say eff you to Toronto!

It is true that TB is vulnerable to getting Stamkos sheeted... but Yzerman would make a trade in the time period allotted to ensure they match. He is the franchise...

I actually would love it if they went after Stamkos, he trades Vinnie to make space and ends up picking Richards up to say eff you to Toronto!

I don't understand why he doesn't file for arbitration??

Im getting nervous that we are gonna get outbid on these ufa dmen, and get stuck with someone like jovanovski.

Honestly, I would rather get outbid than overpay. There will be plenty of people available at the trade deadline if we don't get the guy we want now.

TB has tons of available cap space and a hockey genius running that club, Stamkos isn't going anywhere. The only question on everyone's mind should be, how much are they going to pay him and for how long?

What would we lose in picks if we offer sheeted Bogosian and signed him?

An offer with a $1,034,249 annual cap hit or less: No compensation

More than $1,034,249 — $1,567,043: Third-round pick

More than $1,567,043 — $3,134,088: Second-round pick

More than $3,134,088 — $4,701,131: First and third-round pick

More than $4,701,131 — $6,268,175: First, second and third-round pick

More than $6,268,175 — $7,835,219: Two first-round picks, a second and third

More than $7,835,219 and higher: Four first-round picks

Hey guys, new user here. Here's my 'wishlist' on the 2011 offseason. This isn't really a wishlist - its more what I think should happen. I think it's pretty realistic.

FORWARDS:

Henrik Zetterberg ($6M) – Pavel Datsyuk ($6.7M) – Johan Franzen ($3.95M)

Valtteri Filppula ($3M) – Brooks Laich ($3.5M) – Todd Bertuzzi ($1.93M)

Tomas Holmstrom($1.88M) – Jiri Hudler ($2.88M) – Dan Cleary ($2.8M)

Patrick Eaves ($1M) – Darren Helm ($0.9M) – Justin Abdelkader ($0.8M)

Mursak ($0.55M) – Emmerton ($0.53M)

DEFENSEMEN:

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.2M) – Christian Ehrhoff ($5.6M)

Niklas Kronwall ($3M) – James Wisniewski ($4.5M)

Brad Stuart ($3.75M) – Jonathan Ericsson ($1M)

Kindl ($0.88M)

GOALTENDERS:

Jimmy Howard ($2.25M)

Brian Boucher ($1M)

I think that this is reasonable and relatively likely, especially considering Holland's dislike for huge roster changes. I was very generous with the salaries to the UFAs, and those could be bumped down if possible which would give us room to sign a proven backup goalie like Boucher or Conklin. We could even opt out of either Wisniewski or Ehrhoff and spring for someone like Babchuk as a replacement for one of those two, and that would give us space for Conklin plus another forward like Upshall or Vrbata to compliment Laich.

EDIT: I replaced Osgood with Boucher and fixed up some salary problems

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by DatsyukianDangles122

Hey guys, new user here. Here's my 'wishlist' on the 2011 offseason. This isn't really a wishlist - its more what I think should happen. I think it's pretty realistic.

FORWARDS:

DEFENSEMEN:

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.2M) – Christian Ehrhoff ($5M)

Brad Stuart ($3.75M) – Jonathan Ericsson ($1.5M)

Kindl ($0.88M)

GOALTENDERS:

Jimmy Howard ($2.25M)

Chris Osgood ($1.4M)

I think that this is reasonable and relatively likely, especially considering Holland's dislike for huge roster changes. I was very generous with the salaries to the UFAs, and those could be bumped down if possible which would give us room to sign a proven backup goalie like Boucher or Conklin. We could even opt out of either Wisniewski or Ehrhoff and spring for someone like Babchuk as a replacement for one of those two, and that would give us space for Conklin plus another forward like Upshall or Vrbata to compliment Laich.

Just my 2 cents.

I like it but I think Ehrhoff will get more and please no to Osgood making 1.4 million. (I believe he only made 1 million last season and missed almost the entire season)

I like it but I think Ehrhoff will get more and please no to Osgood making 1.4 million. (I believe he only made 1 million last season and missed almost the entire season)

Yeah, makes sense. maybe $0.8M for Osgood, IF he plays. I'm thinking Ehrhoff shouldn't be paid any more than $6M, as he's not at a Lidstrom level yet. So with that reduction on Osgood, I'll put Ehrhoff at $5.6M. I think it's reasonable.

Also keep in mind that I overpaid some guys like Ericsson, who should really be making around $1M. I'll edit my post.

what do you guys think about Niclas Bergfors? I just read that he was cut loose from Florida. Im kinda on the fence about this guy. But for some reason, I still believe he could explode with talent....

If we could get him at about 1 mill for 1 year, I wouldnt mind taking the gamble on him.

thoughts?

FORWARDS:

DEFENSEMEN:

Kindl ($0.88M)

GOALTENDERS:

Jimmy Howard ($2.25M)

Brian Boucher ($1M)

Just my 2 cents.

I like this line-up a lot. I'm not really interested in Boucher, but otherwise it's exactly what I'd like to see the Wings do this year.

FORWARDS:

DEFENSEMEN:

Kindl ($0.88M)

GOALTENDERS:

Jimmy Howard ($2.25M)

Brian Boucher ($1M)

Just my 2 cents.

Me likey.

@ The above quoted roster, Ericsson won't get near that little.

The numbers may not be exact for Ehrhoff and Wiz, but the average puts them at $5.1m, which seems about right.

Laich will get anywhere from .5-1.25m more than that, so add in a medium at .8 or so (putting him at 4.3)

So Laich at 4.3, Ericsson at 1.9, seems a bit more accurate.

Boosh is a solid backup.

The above, more likely numbers for Laich and Ericsson still fit under the cap in that scenario and still leave us extra, potentially for a deadline deal.

Edit: You don't want Laich at center. Much more effective at LW. Let him take faceoffs if needed (good at faceoffs) and that's it.

Here, submitted corrections in quote format:

Jiri Hudler ($2.88M) – Pavel Datsyuk ($6.7M) – Johan Franzen ($3.95M)

Brooks Laich ($4.3M) – Henrik Zetterberg ($6M) – Todd Bertuzzi ($1.93M)

Tomas Holmstrom($1.88M) – Valtteri Filppula ($3M) – Dan Cleary ($2.8M)

Justin Abdelkader ($0.8M) – Darren Helm ($0.9M) – Patrick Eaves ($1M)

DEFENSEMEN:

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.2M) – Christian Ehrhoff ($5.3M)

Niklas Kronwall ($3M) – James Wisniewski ($4.7M)

Brad Stuart ($3.75M) – Jonathan Ericsson ($1.9M)

Kindl ($0.88M)

GOALTENDERS:

Jimmy Howard ($2.25M)

Brian Boucher ($1M)

Every line has 2 good options for taking draws (Datsyuk Franzen [Hudler]; Zetterberg Laich; Filppula Cleary; Abdelkader Helm) which should make the DRW a beast on draws. I wouldn't necessarily those lines exactly, but I think that basic build (2 faceoff guys, at least 1 playmaker and 1 banger on each of the top 9 lines) makes a lot more sense given the players involved. Plenty of potential to mix and match all lines.

I'd like to note I really like to see these lines in some situations:

Laich - Zetterberg - Cleary -- Amazing shutdown line with plenty of offense

Hudler - Datsyuk - Franzen -- Load the offensive guns

Bertuzzi - Flip - Holmstrom -- Flip gains zone, Bert and Homer make aggravating traffic/front of net threats for a 3rd line

Abdelkader/Mursak - Helm - Eaves/Abdelkader -- Go out and hit/outskate the already worn out opposition

Edited by Datsyerberger

Ok... 7/1 is taking too long to get here and I'm tired of waiting, so here goes....

Henrik Zetterberg ($6,083,333)/Pavel Datsyuk ($6,700,000)/Tomas Holmstrom ($1,875,000)

Johan Franzen ($3,954,545)/Brooks Laich ($3,500,000)/Dan Cleary ($2,800,000)

Scottie Upshall ($3,000,000)/Valtteri Filppula ($3,000,000)/Todd Bertuzzi ($1,937,500)

Jiri Hudler ($2,875,000)/Darren Helm ($912,500)/Justin Abdelkader ($787,500)

Jan Mursak ($550,000)

Nick Lidstrom ($6,200,000)/Brad Stuart ($3,750,000)

Niklas Kronwall ($3,000,000)/James Wisniewki ($4,500,000)

Ian White ($3,500,000)/Andreas Lilja ($750,000)

Jakub Kindl ($833,333)

Jim Howard ($2,250,000)

Osgood/Conklin ($750,000)

Total - $63,558,711

I like adding White and Wisniewski for the right-handed shots on the power play. Not sure if Lilja will humbly return, but I always liked the guy as a solid 3rd pairing defensive defenseman. I just don't trust Kindl yet to pencil him into the 6th D-man spot... so he'll have to earn it by proving he adds more to the team than Lilja. I wanted to put Richards in there, but I just don't see it happening. I like Laich and Upshall, though, and I think this is a tough, balanced squad.

Ok... 7/1 is taking too long to get here and I'm tired of waiting, so here goes....

Henrik Zetterberg ($6,083,333)/Pavel Datsyuk ($6,700,000)/Tomas Holmstrom ($1,875,000)

Johan Franzen ($3,954,545)/1Brooks Laich ($3,500,000)/Dan Cleary ($2,800,000)

2Scottie Upshall ($3,000,000)/Valtteri Filppula ($3,000,000)/Todd Bertuzzi ($1,937,500)

Jiri Hudler ($2,875,000)/Darren Helm ($912,500)/Justin Abdelkader ($787,500)

Jan Mursak ($550,000)

Nick Lidstrom ($6,200,000)/Brad Stuart ($3,750,000)

Niklas Kronwall ($3,000,000)/3James Wisniewki ($4,500,000)

4Ian White ($3,500,000)/5Andreas Lilja ($750,000)

Jakub Kindl ($833,333)

Jim Howard ($2,250,000)

6Osgood/Conklin ($750,000)

Total - $63,558,711

Realistic Contract Assessment®

1. No: considerably off

2. Yes: Maybe slight overpayment, but I'd live with it anyhow

3. No: Too little by a small/moderate amount

4. Yes: Maybe slight overpayment, but market value

5. Yes

6. Yes

4/6 isn't bad, really.

Realistic Contract Assessment®

1. No: considerably off

2. Yes: Maybe slight overpayment, but I'd live with it anyhow

3. No: Too little by a small/moderate amount

4. Yes: Maybe slight overpayment, but market value

5. Yes

6. Yes

4/6 isn't bad, really.

Wow. Sorry.

Wow. Sorry.

Really, you can be realistic with the contracts of said players and fit under the cap:

Ian White: 3.3 -- still overpayment, his play doesn't really warrant a raise, but he'll get one anyhow in this market

Upshall: 3.0 -- Fine with me, someone's gonna have to pay 2.5-3m to get him imo

Laich: 4.3, I'll use my above example and say 4.3, could be anywhere from 4-4.5. A desperate team may even toss him a touch more.

Conklin/Osgood: Probably more like .6 at this point; Conklin had a crap season and Osgood has been unhealthy

Lilja: Previous value fine

Wisniewski: 4.7-5.1, somewhere in that range. I'd say 4.7 or 4.8

Still works under the cap with appropriate adjustments.

What is Laich going to get? 4.5? Not sure I would want him for that much....

Wild card, but likely no less than 4. I could see anything up to 4.75-5 being offered by a desperate team, but it may not be a team/location he wants to go to. I think somewhere between 4.2-4.5 is probably the most likely range, depending on length of contract and so on.

He's a valuable commodity. Essentially Cleary with more offense and less injuries. Toss in the fact that Cleary is currently underpaid, the cap is up, and an overpayer's market, and Laich is going to make a solid pile.

Really, you can be realistic with the contracts of said players and fit under the cap:

Ian White: 3.3 -- still overpayment, his play doesn't really warrant a raise, but he'll get one anyhow in this market

Upshall: 3.0 -- Fine with me, someone's gonna have to pay 2.5-3m to get him imo

Laich: 4.3, I'll use my above example and say 4.3, could be anywhere from 4-4.5. A desperate team may even toss him a touch more.

Conklin/Osgood: Probably more like .6 at this point; Conklin had a crap season and Osgood has been unhealthy

Lilja: Previous value fine

Wisniewski: 4.7-5.1, somewhere in that range. I'd say 4.7 or 4.8

Still works under the cap with appropriate adjustments.

Hmm... I guess I didn't think of Laich as quite THAT good of an addition. It seems like an overpayment, but I'm guessing it's just because of the market.

Hmm... I guess I didn't think of Laich as quite THAT good of an addition. It seems like an overpayment, but I'm guessing it's just because of the market.

Yep.. the market, the increased cap, and the overall level of play Laich brings. He's got everything:

Quality 2nd line offense that can sub in on 1st line.

Solid amount of grit

Solid 2-way play

Loads of character

Faceoffs

Great PK

Solid net presence

Hard worker

Consistent (for a 2nd liner)

Everything a team wants in a player, a perfect second liner.

Another option people haven't talked about here enough is Ryder.

Advantages over Laich:

A little cheaper

Better shot

Possibly better footspeed

Right wing & righty shot

Better at finding offensive holes to move into

Disadvantages:

Not as gritty

Not as good 2-way (Still a decent 2-way player)

Arguably less consistent, negating some of his greater offensive talent

Not quite as much of an all-round game

A couple years older