• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#21 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:37 PM

I'm interested to see if Pecker can maintain at least 2/3 of his offensive numbers in Florida, or if 1/2 or more of them were a product of playing with higher talent on the Hawks. Very much a complementary sort of player, so we'll see.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#22 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:43 PM

Wait, wait, wait, wait.....

There's still a hockey team in Miami?

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#23 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,726 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:46 PM

Wait, wait, wait, wait.....

There's still a hockey team in Miami?

It's amazing that with all the sports teams that have relocated in the last 10 years, this one remains in the same place.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#24 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:49 PM

It's amazing that with all the sports teams that have relocated in the last 10 years, this one remains in the same place.

Agreed... I wish I could find the TV ratings by city, but it was some abysmal number, lower than cable access in Fla, and they basically give their tickets away... how that franchise has stayed there is beyond me...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#25 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:51 PM

Somehow, they blow epic (record setting!) amounts of goat and still manage to stay out of the bottom 5 of attendance year after year. Helps to have a lot of ex-Canadians, northeasterns, and midwesterners living in the area, I guess.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#26 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:03 PM

Seriously, it's as if the Hawks hired Tallon to be hired by the Panthers (as if they had any credibility as a franchise to begin with) so they could unload all of their crap contracts and overrated players.

f*** you, Tallon.

A fortuitous thing for the Hawks to be sure, but also something that I think we're liable to see more of as long as the cap continues to rise. Teams trying to be competitive will be able to get out from underneath their blunders by moving their albatross contracts to terrible teams just wanting to make the cap floor.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#27 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:10 PM

A fortuitous thing for the Hawks to be sure, but also something that I think we're liable to see more of as long as the cap continues to rise. Teams trying to be competitive will be able to get out from underneath their blunders by moving their albatross contracts to terrible teams just wanting to make the cap floor.

It infuriates me that several teams seem to not care about winning, but just barely meeting the cap floor so they can leech off everyone else. Infuriates me. Islanders, I'm looking at you, too.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#28 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:14 PM

Agreed... I wish I could find the TV ratings by city, but it was some abysmal number, lower than cable access in Fla, and they basically give their tickets away... how that franchise has stayed there is beyond me...

tax write off?

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#29 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,726 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:28 PM

tax write off?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HurEm5gb5NE
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#30 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:12 PM

blackhawks just made a lot of cap space with kopesky and campbell, might be making space for richards hmmmm

#31 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:03 AM

Kopecky's numbers last year would have placed him fourth in goals, second in assists, and second in points on the Panthers. Tallon is likely interested in taking advantage of his size and skills to provide a strong presence up front, given that Florida didn't really have that last year.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#32 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:25 AM

blackhawks just made a lot of cap space with kopesky and campbell, might be making space for richards hmmmm

They certainly have the cap space for it; although it would affect their chances at replacing Campbell. Gives them a pretty solid top-nine with Sharp/Toews/Kane, Frolik/Richards/Hossa, Bickell/Bolland/Olesz. I figure if they sign Richards, and they're lucky and get him for around $7m, they can get a guy like Greene to take Campbell's spot. If he costs more than that, they have to either go cheap and pray or trade someone they weren't planning on trading.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#33 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:35 AM

Posted Image

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#34 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:40 AM

Posted Image

esteef

Posted Image
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#35 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:45 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#36 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:46 AM

Florida gave away too much for him

#37 pockets

pockets

Pockets Smash

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:26 AM

I doubt they sign Richards. Sharp is a UFA next offseason and he'll be looking for around 4 mil a year.

#38 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:49 AM

tax write off?

Silly people, it's all about money laundering.

#39 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,892 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:03 AM

Oh, that photo of Koko and Hossa and the Cup is so cute!!!

Maybe this was all Hossa's idea so he wouldn't have to live with the knowledge that Koko has more cups than he has.

Seriously, I loved Koko here when he wasn't injured. He got some bad breaks (and tears and pulls and strains) here. I wish him well where ever he ends up.

#40 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:15 AM

Yeah, I'm a little pissed that their old GM is taking all these bad contracts off their hands. I was watching NHL Network last night and they were interviewing Tallon and he was saying how great Campbell was and how he'll help the younger defensemen and lure in other free agents. Whatever. Since when did Brian Campbell become Bobby Orr? A defenseman that the Blackhawks couldn't get rid of fast enough will lure in other free agents? He's going to help Florida reach the cap floor and at the same time get Tallon back in the Blackhawks good graces. Is he going to trade for Cristobal Huet next? When Hossa gets too old and starts to be ineffective, will he take on that contract too?