• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

#21 ilmickeyli

ilmickeyli

Meatwad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:33 PM

This is an adequate signing. Still think we're worse than last season as it stands though.

This. I can only imagine Lids is second-guessing his decision to come back.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#22 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,058 posts

Man, if Kenny moves Hudler we still got a ton of space to add a big time forward. (Via trade or whatever) Now i'm excited for the off-season.

#NOMOREKINDL

#23 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

he offers exactly what Wizniewki... 5.5 and 2.85. Excellent! Just excellent! One more true top-6 winger, please!
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#24 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:34 PM

Bonus: Still $6 million to play with at the trade deadline/post-Hudler trade

#25 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:34 PM

Wow, the $$ on that contract makes up for Ericsson's. Good bargain.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#26 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:35 PM

Good signing... We are now about a push for defensive ability on the back end, but lacking in offensive skill that we had with last years core.

NOW SIGN BOUGHNER AS THE COACH ALREADY SO THEY CAN FREAKING COACH THESE BOYS UP!!!
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#27 Agalloch93

Agalloch93

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

i have seen enough of white play with his time with the leafs. if people complain about rafalski's questionable defensive play and give away's, you ain't seen nothing yet..

... White is better defensively than Rafalski. Nowhere near as good offensively, but better defensively.

#28 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

BTW GREAT NUMBERS ON THE DEAL!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#29 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Good price, solid dman, no complaints from me.

#30 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

I personally will not say how good or bad this was until they hit the ice.

Young man, that kinda attitude is not tolerated here.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#31 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:36 PM

5'-10"

How's his skating and passing? He's scored 26 points four times. Atleast he's consistent.

Only 27 years old..

#32 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:37 PM

how much cap do we have after this signing?
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#33 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Good signing, reasonable contract. No complaints with this one, except I guess Ericsson's contract wasn't exactly market value now was it Kenny?

#34 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,014 posts

how is this guy cheaper than ericsson?

#35 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:38 PM

So Lids White?
Kronner Ericsson?
Stuart Kindl?
Commodore?

#36 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

terrible, way to panic holland...

white will be the new LGW whipping boy, you guys will see.

i have seen enough of white play with his time with the leafs. if people complain about rafalski's questionable defensive play and give away's, you ain't seen nothing yet..

<_<
Hmmm. Do you maybe not like this guy? Three posts in less than ten minutes. Tell us how you really feel.

I'm sure all you Negative Nancys out there think this was Holland's first phone call all off-season.
So, I'll leave you to your endless bitching.

I am satisfied with this signing in both term and price and I think some of you may be surprised how this signing turns out.
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#37 Agalloch93

Agalloch93

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Around 6 million. Some of that will go to a backup G. Probably 4.5 or so left with a full roster, not sure if he'll save that for the deadline or try to do something else.

#38 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:39 PM

Over $6 million. and as other have stated if Hudler is moved it would be close to $9 million again.

#39 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

From thehockeynews.com:

ASSETS:
Moves the puck with precision out of the defensive zone. Is an above-average skater and puck-handler. Owns a big shot from the point.
FLAWS:
Lacks ideal size for the NHL, especially in front of his own net. Can go into offensive slumps from time to time.

Edited by Jusek, 02 July 2011 - 03:39 PM.

"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#40 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Im stunned the people on this board aren't happy right now. Nice deal for dirt cheap.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!