• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

southwaleswing

Are you addicted to the Red Wings?

Rate this topic

Hi everyone,

I am a psychologist at the University of Glamorgan in the UK. I am currently doing some research on the addictive nature of being a sports fan and how it impacts on peoples lives. My research team and I have created a survey looking at some of these ideas and now we need some proper fans to have a go at it!! It takes about 5-10 minutes to complete and will hopefully make you think about how big a fan you actually are! If you follow the link below it will take you to the survey.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7GLB5YY

I'd be really grateful if you could have a go!

Cheers!!

Guest CaliWingsNut

Addiction is becoming an extremely overused term.

I view addiction as things you wish you could quit, but are unable to.

Nicotine is an addiction... Liquor can be an addiction... Sports you can turn off the TV...

Addiction is becoming an extremely overused term.

I view addiction as things you wish you could quit, but are unable to.

Nicotine is an addiction... Liquor can be an addiction... Sports you can turn off the TV...

You know how many times i have gotten pissed and said i wasn't going to watch another game but still watched the next time they were on. or gotten close to the playoffs and it seemed like the wings were coasting and i said i will not watch the rest of the reg season games until playoffs start..but i watch anyways. seems just like an addiction.whats overused is the term overused :P

I'll say I'm addicted to sports. I like Hockey, but I like Baseball and Football too. It just so happens out of all my teams, the Red Wings by far have had the most success, so I've paid the most attention to them.

I only follow Basketball when the Pistons are in the playoffs, or the Spartans make the Final 4.

I feel like I'm on hfboards and LGW at least an hour or so everyday looking for any news on the Wings. I think its just that I've learned so much about all the players and all the prospects, the coaches, the strategies they use and everything. Its just so deep and interesting to me, and I'm always just looking for anything that looks promising for the future of the Wings. I really think the best job in the world would be the GM of a sports team, specifically the Red Wings.

Let's do a quick quiz (just for fun).

Answer the following questions without looking them up on the internet or asking anyone else. Just go with what's in the top of your head.

1) Who was the coach between Bowman and Babcock?

2) What number draft pick was Henrik Zetterberg?

3) Which player was known as Papa Bear?

4) After Larry Aurie, who wore #6?

5) What is the birthplace of Gordie Howe?

6) Who was the first Finn to play for the Wings?

7) What is the occupation of Chris Osgood's wife?

8) What is the name of Todd Bertuzzi's son?

9) What is the most recent season in which two sets of Wings had the same birthdays (albeit different years)?

10) Which player from a rival team has a son named after Shanny?

0-1 correct: You are on the wrong board. The Red Wing Shoe Company does not advertise here.

2-3 correct: You are aware that hockey exists. You might feel more at home on the Panthers' forum. Uh, Florida Panthers, that is. Yes, they exist.

4-6 correct: You have a life outside of the Red Wings. Stop it.

7-9 correct: You need a life outside of the Red Wings.

10 correct: You are an addict.

Edit to add answers.

For answers, hit reply and they will magically appear.

1) Dave Lewis

2) 210

3) Slava Fetisov

4) Cummy Burton

5) Floral, SK

6) Filppula

7) Owner of a yoga studio

8) Tag

9) 08-09 (Sammy and Franzen Dec. 23 and Hossa and Kronwall Jan 12)

10) Claude Lemieux

Edited by 55fan

Whether Addiction is overused or if it's even the right term but I have to say I'm very addicted to the Wings, and I'm proud of it. I'm a die-hard Wings fan and a die-hard Hockey fan. Yes I crave info about My Team and all of hockey all the time even in the dead of July. The Wings are my team and I'll be addicted if I want and I'm just fine with it lol. GO RED WINGS!!!!

Is it bad I would cancel a wedding for a Wings playoff game?

Not what so ever. My sister got married last October and I spent the entire reception on my blackberry seeing what was going on in the Wings game as they were playing the Coyotes in like the 6th game of the season. It was literlaly the only Wings game I missed last year. Thank god they won in OT

Not what so ever. My sister got married last October and I spent the entire reception on my blackberry seeing what was going on in the Wings game as they were playing the Coyotes in like the 6th game of the season. It was literlaly the only Wings game I missed last year. Thank god they won in OT

I was at that game, great ending!

Instead of calling it addicted just say you're a very passionate fan.

Guest echos myron

there's probably some sort of mental disorder that causes people to become emotionally attached to people that don't even know them