• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/7 GDT:Senators 3 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

First two periods the whole team was great. Third period the whole team sucked. Two points is two points and one EV strength goal against was good, hope we clean it up the special teams for tommorow against the Avs :thumbup:

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

At which point did Ericsson look bad tonight? I didn't notice. Most of the team looked rather sluggish for the first 15 and last 15 minutes of the game.

He didn't look that bad, he just didn't look good. I can recall 4 times that Ericsson pinched in the offensive zone and left Kindl to defend a 2v1. Plus, Ericsson did absolutely nothing on that third goal for the Sens. He was a bigger screen than the Sen. He wasn't bad, he just wasn't good.

Is that a big accomplishment?

When you're fighting for a roster spot, yes.

Hudler/Miller/Emmerton/Kindl all looked above average.

The helm line was beast.

The Zetterberg line showed flashes of brilliance early on, i want to see them bury the puck, that line has the most skill on it of all the lines and they walked away with zero ES points.

I liked our 5 goals; I didn't like their 3 goals. More PK practice for everyone. Anyway, a big heck yeah to Bert for scoring the first goal of the year; ditto to Lidstrom looking like Datsyuk, White looking like Lidstrom, and double ditto for Emmerton and Hudler pleasantly surprising me. GAWD I'm glad hockey's back!!!

At which point did Ericsson look bad tonight? I didn't notice. Most of the team looked rather sluggish for the first 15 and last 15 minutes of the game.

He didn't. But he's the whipping boy. If he isn't awesome then someone will say he sucks. Especially since Hudler scored and they couldn't rip on them.

His pinching makes me nervous, but Ericsson's play has given me some hope. Hopefully he improves.

Great start for the Wings, I just wish they could've kept it clamped down at the end.

As much fun as the five goals are, I don't want a repeat of last season's GAA.

Gonchar should be embarrassed with his play on the Bert goal. He just didn't even try to make an effort to at least rush back. Anderson was horrible as well.

Stuart fudged up big time by trying to do Kronwall's job on the second goal. He was puck chasing and completely left his man alone even though the guy carrying the puck was Kronwall's man.

I don't know wtf E was thinking on that 3rd goal. He didn't even try to move his man... he just stood there with him creating an even better screen for the Sens. E owes Jimmy a lunch for that goal allowed.

Gonchar should be embarrassed with his play on the Bert goal. He just didn't even try to make an effort to at least rush back. Anderson was horrible as well.

Stuart fudged up big time by trying to do Kronwall's job on the second goal. He was puck chasing and completely left his man alone even though the guy carrying the puck was Kronwall's man.

I don't know wtf E was thinking on that 3rd goal. He didn't even try to move his man... he just stood there with him creating an even better screen for the Sens. E owes Jimmy a lunch for that goal allowed.

Going by that theory, even with Ericsson's crazy contract he might be strapped for cash this season.