• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Welcome to Big Leagues Gustav Nyquist!

Rate this topic

Per Mlive:

The Detroit Red Wings have recalled skilled forward Gustav Nyquist from the Grand Rapids Griffins. He will make his NHL debut Tuesday against the Minnesota Wild at Joe Louis Arena

Ansar updated the mlive.com article:

"Coach Mike Babcock said he hadn't decided who Nyquist will play with, but he'll more than likely play on a top-two line with skilled players."

Yeah Buddy! :cool:

Ok now I can see why they recalled him. The top six needs a spark for sure.

Filppula-Datsyuk-Cleary/Holmstrom

Franzen-Zetterberg-Nyquist

From Fri, Mar 19, 2010

It's nice that two Wings draftees made the finals for the Hobey Baker Award. But take a look around the league -- NHL rosters aren't exactly littered with a lot of former Hobey Baker honorees. It's a huge jump. That said, though, defenseman Brendan Smith at Wisconsin and forward Gustav Nyquist at Maine appear to be legit prospects.

Jimmy Howard, proud Maine alumn,will certainly vouch for Nyquist. He watched him play during the Olympic break and has skated with him in the past.

"He's real good," Howard said. "He's fast, he sees the ice well, he's a great passer and he makes guys around him a lot better. He needs to get stronger, but at this stage (College Level) you can say he's kind of a poor man's Z (Henrik Zetterberg)."

http://apps.detnews.com/apps/blogs/wingsblog/index.php?blogid=3311

Play him with Z!!! Maybe playing with a younger version of himself with spark something.

I think we'll see a return to three scoring lines. Nyquist can play in the top-6, but I don't think he should/will get top-6 minutes in his first NHL game. IMO he should play with Abby or Bert for his first game(s) just in case...

Huds- Dats- Cleary

Mule- Z- Bert

Nyquist- Flip- Abby

Eaves- Helm- Homer

I think we'll see a return to three scoring lines. Nyquist can play in the top-6, but I don't think he should/will get top-6 minutes in his first NHL game. IMO he should play with Abby or Bert for his first game(s) just in case...

Huds- Dats- Cleary

Mule- Z- Bert

Nyquist- Flip- Abby

Eaves- Helm- Homer

I also hope for these lines.

Nyquist has long since been my favourite Wings prospect but you can't help but feel a bit bad for Brunnstrom. Babcock has repeatedly said Brunnstrom is/could be a top 6 forward in this league. I realize he hasn't played this year but if Nyquist is being brought up and will get time on a top two line you'd think Brunnstrom woudl have made his way into a similar spot at least once.

Now that what's done is done I cant wait to see Nyquist. I would like to see the following lines:

Filppula - Datsyuk - Hudler

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Franzen

Cleary - Helm - Bertuzzi

Eaves - Abdelkader - Miller

Emmerton, Holmstrom (night off)

Or you could play Holmstrom in for Miller to give you more options on the PP.

Filppula/Datsyuk/Hudler

Nyquist/Zetterberg/Franzen

You know it's coming.

Nyquist has long since been my favourite Wings prospect but you can't help but feel a bit bad for Brunnstrom. Babcock has repeatedly said Brunnstrom is/could be a top 6 forward in this league. I realize he hasn't played this year but if Nyquist is being brought up and will get time on a top two line you'd think Brunnstrom woudl have made his way into a similar spot at least once.

Now that what's done is done I cant wait to see Nyquist. I would like to see the following lines:

Cleary - Helm - Bertuzzi

laugh.gif

Cleary - Helm - Bertuzzi

Babcock likes to have a net-front presence on each line, so I'm not sure if he would play Flip- Dats- Huds. Also, the line of Cleary- Abby- Bert was great in the playoffs last year, so IMO Abby would get the nod over Helm for that line. However, with all of the line changes recently, who knows what will happen.