• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

23 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Connecticut is literally just a highway connecting NYC and Boston. And any fans there are already watching the booins or rags. They dont need a franchise.

Gary will opt for SLC or Atlanta part trois

the bolded part please NO NO NO Sweet Jesus NO

Victor Olofsson says he expects to be traded out of Buffalo

This could be the guy for us.

28 year old Swedish left wing. Averages a 50 pt a season pace over his career. 26 goal pace over his career.

I watched a lot of him when I lived in Buffalo. Not physical. Very good shot. Very quick stick. Would be an asset on the PP.

The complaints about him in Buffalo are that he doesn't play defense and F's up alot, or that he doesn't fit their system. I tend to agree with the later. Granato employs a very loose system that allows players to improvise. Lot's of defensive switches and changes which requires a player to constantly read the play correctly. Olfsson gets lost in this. IMO Olofsson needs a clear assignment in a rigid system. IMO if he moves to the correct system you could see him have a 60 pt 30 goal season. 

Do you think Lalonde's system is rigid enough for him? He's no Babcock, but I also don't think he's as loose as Granato is. I think we could get him for cheap, throw him into the middle 6, and get his best season ever as a PP scoring forward. 

23 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Do you think Lalonde's system is rigid enough for him? He's no Babcock, but I also don't think he's as loose as Granato is. I think we could get him for cheap, throw him into the middle 6, and get his best season ever as a PP scoring forward. 

My #1 concern is Lalonde is Blashill part deux…

8 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

My #1 concern is Lalonde is Blashill part deux…

He's trying to be friends with the players again just like Blash.

That's fine by me in a rebuild, since our rebuild basically restarted when Yzerman came on.

But after a few years of that, when Seider/Ray/Ed/Kasper are entering their prime, he should be canned for a hard nose winner. 

5 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

He's trying to be friends with the players again just like Blash.

That's fine by me in a rebuild, since our rebuild basically restarted when Yzerman came on.

But after a few years of that, when Seider/Ray/Ed/Kasper are entering their prime, he should be canned for a hard nose winner. 

Any time the coach is “friendly” with the players it’s a bit concerning…

On 6/13/2023 at 5:46 PM, bIueadams said:

Victor Olofsson says he expects to be traded out of Buffalo

This could be the guy for us.

28 year old Swedish left wing. Averages a 50 pt a season pace over his career. 26 goal pace over his career.

I watched a lot of him when I lived in Buffalo. Not physical. Very good shot. Very quick stick. Would be an asset on the PP.

The complaints about him in Buffalo are that he doesn't play defense and F's up alot, or that he doesn't fit their system. I tend to agree with the later. Granato employs a very loose system that allows players to improvise. Lot's of defensive switches and changes which requires a player to constantly read the play correctly. Olfsson gets lost in this. IMO Olofsson needs a clear assignment in a rigid system. IMO if he moves to the correct system you could see him have a 60 pt 30 goal season. 

Another pass.  Find a guy that's 6'2", 210 lbs, and had a PLUS 20 rating last season.  THAT is what we need.  All of these available guys are available because their current teams realize they suck 5 on 5.  If players like this are not available, let the maple leafs's of the NHL sign these minus players and continue to struggle.  If we are going to pony up on a big contract, the Hampus Lindholm kind of guy is the one we want.

Edited by Jonas Mahonas

Cancel culture is getting out of control. First they canceled The Dixie Chicks (twice), then they canceled Bud Light, and now they're canceling Pride Nights in the NHL. Special interests are ruining this country.

Edited by kipwinger

5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

really gonna miss those dudes with guns appreciation nights 

Me too. Those "Law Enforcement" and "First Responder" appreciation nights were hugely popular. It's too bad the NHL caved and decided to cancel them too.

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

Me too. Those "Law Enforcement" and "First Responder" appreciation nights were hugely popular. It's too bad the NHL caved and decided to cancel them too.

There's about a dozen game jerseys and roughly 6 teams that should also be cancelled. 

20 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Cancel culture is getting out of control. First they canceled The Dixie Chicks (twice), then they canceled Bud Light, and now they're canceling Pride Nights in the NHL. Special interests are ruining this country.

Per da commish just the wearing of the pride jersey in warmup is kaput. The special nights still will happen https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10080323-nhl-teams-wont-wear-specialty-warmup-jerseys-after-pride-night-controversies

now whether you will be listening to the chicks assault your ears while drinking a bud lite during warmup totally different convo....

Just now, The 91 of Ryans said:

There's about a dozen game jerseys and roughly 6 teams that should also be cancelled. 

Good point. I don't think enough is made of the fact that the Winnipeg Jets should never have been brought back to Winnipeg. Atlanta should have relocated elsewhere. Nobody wants to play in Winnipeg.

4 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Per da commish just the wearing of the pride jersey in warmup is kaput. The special nights still will happen https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10080323-nhl-teams-wont-wear-specialty-warmup-jerseys-after-pride-night-controversies

now whether you will be listening to the chicks assault your ears while drinking a bud lite during warmup totally different convo....

I know, I'm being a d*ck.

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

really gonna miss those dudes with guns appreciation nights 

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Nobody could play nice about players opting out, so now no one gets to have fun. Fair.