• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Nobody could play nice about players opting out, so now no one gets to have fun. Fair. 

Players should never have been asked to wear ANY other jerseys in the first place. If teams want to have promotional events they absolutely should, but I think it's a bridge too far to expect players to be billboards for any particular cause without them pushing back.

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Pretty sure pretty much everyone played nice about players opting out. 

Everybody with any real decision making power did (Bettman, GMs, Owners). The only people that had a problem with it are random people in media and on the internet, and I think the world is starting to figure out that those people don't matter, don't have any real power, and don't really like anything at all. The "I love hockey but all I do is complain about it" crowd has sorta jumped the shark I think.

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Everybody with any real decision making power did (Bettman, GMs, Owners). The only people that had a problem with it are random people in media and on the internet, and I think the world is starting to figure out that those people don't matter, don't have any real power, and don't really like anything at all. The "I love hockey but all I do is complain about it" crowd has sorta jumped the shark I think.

Don't be so hard on yourself

I just think it's funny that they're killing this jersey thing because of bad press when the NHL and it's Commissioner receives bad press for pretty much everything they do. 

8 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I just think it's funny that they're killing this jersey thing because of bad press when the NHL and it's Commissioner receives bad press for pretty much everything they do. 

That's kinda my point. Certain segments of the fan base (and media) are going to complain about anything and everything. The self righteousness that permeates sports is over the top. I think leagues are figuring out that the success of their product is not dependent on pandering (or not pandering) to certain segments of the population. Take the NFL for example. The kneeling during the anthem thing pretty much evenly split the fan base right? But guess what didn't happen. NOBODY stopped watching the games or buying the merch. The UFC figured out the same thing a long time ago too. Dana White openly mocks media and internet commenters and his product has never been more successful. There's nothing that will make these people happy so why try?

35 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Pretty sure pretty much everyone played nice about players opting out. 

Is this a joke?

34 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Players should never have been asked to wear ANY other jerseys in the first place. If teams want to have promotional events they absolutely should, but I think it's a bridge too far to expect players to be billboards for any particular cause without them pushing back.

Pretty much this

Edited by bIueadams

36 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I think it's ironic that the pro lgbt crowd killed the speciality jersey with their own kvetching lol

You'd think it'd be common sense that you cant force people to support any particular political or social movement. But no, guys like Provorov simply opting out created an uproar of bad press for the league from lgbt supporters and the press.

So now no one gets special jerseys. Which is fair fine by me. Military ones are just as dumb and, should be, just as contoversial IMO.

I am sad though that we won't have the ongoing drama of players, and entire teams, opting out. That was fun while it lasted. In my ideal league all players would wear patches associated with their political beliefs so we could love or hate them based on their personal views and then fight about it here. 

Smooth move by Colorado trading Alex Galcheyuk to Nashville for Ryan Johansen. I've always really liked Johansen as a defensively competent 2C who can contribute offense and take on hard matchups. This should really help free up MacKinnon. The fact that they got Nashville to retain 50% of the contract is huge too. Very smart trade.

21 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Taylor Hall to Chicago.

The Bruins are trying to re-sign Bertuzzi damn them.

This bodes well for our Bruins 2024 first round draft pick. Hopefully this signals something of a "retool" for them.

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Taylor Hall to Chicago.

A little add on for the trade

Full trade, per sources:

To #NHLBruinsNHL_Playoff_Extension.png: Rights to RFAs Ian Mitchell and Alec Regula.

To #BlackhawksNHL_Playoff_Extension_Blackhawks.png: Taylor Hall, rights to UFA Nick Foligno.

No salary retained by Boston, this represents a pure salary dump to clear $6 million off Bruins' books.

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

A little add on for the trade

Full trade, per sources:

To #NHLBruinsNHL_Playoff_Extension.png: Rights to RFAs Ian Mitchell and Alec Regula.

To #BlackhawksNHL_Playoff_Extension_Blackhawks.png: Taylor Hall, rights to UFA Nick Foligno.

No salary retained by Boston, this represents a pure salary dump to clear $6 million off Bruins' books.

Nice dump.   No retention and really no draft pick sweetener.   Am I missing something?   Hawks trying to hit the floor and that's it?

9 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I genuinely thought Regula was going to be a solid NHL player. I totally whiffed on that one.

I think there were more than a few posters here who didn’t like the Perlini trade because they thought Regula had potential. 

16 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Taylor Hall to Chicago.

They'll need to clear a lot more than 6 mil. They have 10 mil in space with 7 roster spots to fill. One of which is giving Swayman a nice raise. They also have the whole issue of no signed top 6 centers.