• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:51 AM

Saw this on the NHL website. I have no idea what the point of it was but to show that Joe Thornton had another one of his classless moments.

And then to make things worse, the commentary team makes the claim that Toews instigates. Please, somebody, let me know where this happens? Before, or after, Thornton's crosscheck to the back.

Thornton/Toews

In a lesser way, it reminds me of this also....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSvhYyGegB0

I mean, what the heck has this guy got against opposing captains? Captain envy?

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#2 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:08 AM

Watching the video with Lidstrom makes my blood boil. He's a punk-b****.

#3 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:08 AM

Meh. It's Joe Thornton. It's what he does.

#4 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:32 AM

I hope someone kicks the snot out of that man soon.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#5 OzWing19

OzWing19

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:43 AM

Funnily enough, that's Chicago's tv feed.

#6 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,805 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:47 AM

What is Couture thinking? Why does he think that he can get in between 2 captains having an altercation where his captain is twice as big and start grabbing at Toews? Glad Keith gave him a sucker punch cause he deserved it.

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#7 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

Joe is one of those spoiled brat Canadian players who listened to Don Cherry growing up and his, "We're the best kids" and "It's our game", crap. Since he's Canadian he thinks he's entitled to everything.

I hope he never wins a cup, and I'm looking forward to beating the Sharks in the playoffs this year.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#8 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:12 AM

Joe Thornton is a joke. One more reason San Jose chokes every year. When Boston traded him, I thought they got majorly hosed in the deal. Now, if you follow the players Boston received and take into account the level of tool that Thornton is...Boston clearly won. And they just won the Cup, something SJ has supposed to have done within the last 10 years.

#9 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:24 AM

Joe Thornton is a joke. One more reason San Jose chokes every year. When Boston traded him, I thought they got majorly hosed in the deal. Now, if you follow the players Boston received and take into account the level of tool that Thornton is...Boston clearly won. And they just won the Cup, something SJ has supposed to have done within the last 10 years.

you're taking it too far. He is good player when he decides to play instead of behaving loke a tool. And yes, Boston got hosed in that deal.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#10 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:46 AM

Playoff time for the Sharks is a comedy act.

Literally EVERY time the Sharks are losing Thornton pulls something like this. Remember the Franzen slew foot?

The pressure of winning a Cup gets to this guy badly and he couldn't hide it if he wanted to....

AND LOL @ CLOWE!! Haha, get your Kronwalled @$$ outta here!

Edited by unsaddleddonald, 11 February 2012 - 10:49 AM.

#11 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:01 AM

Frustration is inevitable when you are getting your ass kicked. That exchange between Sj and Det was a 6-1 game, you got to expect some chipiness at some point.

This is how soft the game has become. There is a thread in a hockey forum about this little exchange. This was every game with nearly every team before pansies starting running the league!
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#12 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:17 AM

Joe is one of those spoiled brat Canadian players who listened to Don Cherry growing up and his, "We're the best kids" and "It's our game", crap. Since he's Canadian he thinks he's entitled to everything.

I hope he never wins a cup, and I'm looking forward to beating the Sharks in the playoffs this year.

Yeah all of us Canadians think we are entitled to everything. Joe Thornton clearly acts this way because he's Canadian. Issues?

#13 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:57 AM

Or he just gets frustrated when he loses big games, which he does a lot cause hes a choke artist.

I dont know if the whole "its our game crap" is crap though, more likely its true. Youre sounding a lot like Ryan Kesler :rolleyes:

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#14 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:57 AM

It would've been a perfect time to send someone out to drill him in the face, if we had someone like that of course.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#15 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:49 PM

i like how keith was punching clowe from that odd angle so clowe wouldn't know it was him.

:lol:
Posted Image

#16 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:01 PM

It would've been a perfect time to send someone out to drill him in the face, if we had someone like that of course.

esteef

Posted Image

(courtesy of edicius)
Posted Image

#17 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

Or he just gets frustrated when he loses big games, which he does a lot cause hes a choke artist.

I dont know if the whole "its our game crap" is crap though, more likely its true. Youre sounding a lot like Ryan Kesler :rolleyes:

Canada doesn't own the game. Nobody does.

Posted Image

#18 wolverine1817

wolverine1817

Go Blue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

Thornton should just be used to remind all of us that we're lucky to have our past, present, and future captains... the guy's a big baby, and I would be ashamed if I was a player and he was my captain. If you're gonna lead the team, act like af****** man and take an ass beating, we all know you're used to it Thornton.

edit: the Toews thing wasn't that bad, I'm just venting cause my hate for Thornton is still as strong as it became when he went after Lidstrom

Edited by wolverine1817, 11 February 2012 - 04:34 PM.

#19 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:02 PM

Canada doesn't own the game. Nobody does.

Nobody "owns" it but Canada is by far the dominant country when it comes to hockey.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#20 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,587 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

Frustration is inevitable when you are getting your ass kicked. That exchange between Sj and Det was a 6-1 game, you got to expect some chipiness at some point.

This is how soft the game has become. There is a thread in a hockey forum about this little exchange. This was every game with nearly every team before pansies starting running the league!

Yup.

Back in the pre-instigator days - this scrum would've been seen as "foreplay" for something bigger to develope later on...Hell - just pull out the DVD/VHS tapes of the Wings/Avs (be it reg season, or playoffs)...What emotional hockey used to be.

'Evolution' created by Offsides