But really... get well soon E

Exactly how I feel.

Get well Big E.

#42 redstag88

redstag88

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:37 AM

Are people more in favor of Kindl or Commodore?

Commie, so Abbs doesn't have to throw the dukes as often.

#43 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:04 AM

I find it quite amusing that we have so many experts on this forum that think they are so much better at evaluating talent and player potential than either Holland or Babcock. If Ericsson was as bad as some of you idiots say he wouldn't be playing for most teams and yet one of the best teams in the league can't seem to find enough short comings in his game to sit his ass on the bench.

#44 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

Hall-of-Famer

• HoF Booster
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

Kindl.

His play of late means he's above Commodore. He played in 8 straight IIRC prior to Quincey arriving.

Or that means they were trying to showcase him for a potential trade.

#45 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

I find it quite amusing that we have so many experts on this forum that think they are so much better at evaluating talent and player potential than either Holland or Babcock. If Ericsson was as bad as some of you idiots say he wouldn't be playing for most teams and yet one of the best teams in the league can't seem to find enough short comings in his game to sit his ass on the bench.

Duh! The purpose of this forum is only to agree with Holland and Babcock. Any independent thought is highly discouraged.

#46 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:50 AM

There goes our chance at a Stanley Cup.

I think it helps our chances to win. I have a hard time watching Error-son making mistake after mistake
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#47 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:08 PM

No need to panic!!

esteef

We still have Janik?

#48 SidAbelsSon

SidAbelsSon

Rookie

• Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

I think it's great that we have so many Smith lovers out there. When he does get called up, I hope to hell he plays flawlessly because I hate to see the love quickly transform to hate.

#49 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,299 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:48 PM

With Hudler playing well, he's the scapegoat this season. At least people have stopped trying to argue that Kindl is clearly better than Ericsson but for some odd reason Holland Babcock keep playing E over him in the lineup.

I think it's great that we have so many Smith lovers out there. When he does get called up, I hope to hell he plays flawlessly because I hate to see the love quickly transform to hate.

It's grass is always greener. Hopefully people won't turn on Smith. The kid's got the potential to be a very good dman for Detroit, but he takes a fair amount of risks. There's going to be growing pains as he adapts to the game at this speed.

#50 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

You may not miss him, but the Wings will. Unless Kindl or Commie make a marked improvement in his absence, the Wings just got worse defensively.

Time will tell, I suppose.

#51 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 821 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

Are people more in favor of Kindl or Commodore?

Commodore.

#52 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

Commodore.

Commie for sure.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#53 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Quincey and Commodore on a line - I like it for the toughness factor, but Ericsson had been a lot steadier lately, and having the two new guys playing together opens the door for potential mishaps. I hope they end up meshing well together, but we'll just have to wait and see. Get better, Ericsson - don't like to see guys hurt.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#54 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

As much as I hate Ericsson and hos play, I had the same issues with Lilja in 2005-2006, but soon after Lils became our biggest penalty killer and I thought was a major impact on the Stanley Cup Team in 2008. I really feel that Ericsson may become that player in the years to come. It sucks that he is injured, just gives other guys a chance to showcase.

I surley hope Kindl is moved, I personally do not see an upside to his game and I think we would benefit more by having Smith in his place. Like others have said, I think Kindl is going to be a package deal tomorrow and thats has to be the only reason he is on the ice lately.

#55 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

Commodore.

Yup I thought he should have been playing instead of Ericsson in the first place. He has improved a lot threw out the year the more he plays the better he has gotten the system not to mention he adds the toughness that every body has been begging for.
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#56 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

1330224859[/url]' post='2262847']
I know a lot of ppl joke but I think this effects the D much more than people realize. Quincey still looks nervous and Kindl and Commie are streaky at best. E eats up a ton of minutes, plays the PK and has been solid for the team. I know all the Ericsson haters will be thrilled but I think it will effect the team with the lines and chemistry....I think it's a loss
Heal up Big Rig

+

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#57 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:39 PM

Yup I thought he should have been playing instead of Ericsson in the first place. He has improved a lot threw out the year the more he plays the better he has gotten the system not to mention he adds the toughness that every body has been begging for.

He adds the same type of toughness Abby adds - a punching bag for opponents.
We might as well put Kindl back in there and see just what we have with him. I haven't been impressed thus far, but I think it's too early to write him off.

As for toughness, I would make some serious inquiries as to the Islanders' Matt Martin's availability.

#58 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:06 PM

With Ericsson out that'll cut down on defensive zone turnovers.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#59 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

Duh! The purpose of this forum is only to agree with Holland and Babcock. Any independent thought is highly discouraged.

I can remember not too many years ago there was a lot of nasty s*** being said about Kronwall the first few years he was up. I think it's amazing that a player selected deadf****** last in the draft is even playing in the league and guess what, This so called pylon as so many like to refer to him as has made it on to one of the best teams in the league. Duh all you want. If the shoe fits wear it, if not then you shouldn't feel offended.

#60 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

Ansar Khan ‏ @AnsarKhanMLive Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Holland said he's not looking for a depth defenseman in wake of Ericsson injury, only a decent-sized forward.

Ansar Khan ‏ @AnsarKhanMLive Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Wings don't think Ericsson will need surgery for chip fracture in wrist. Should be back late March, early April at latest.
lighten up people, it's the internet!