232 replies to this topic

#1 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,070 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

Forking the Red Wings' deadline-day discussion from the main trade-deadline thread to this one. Holland has told the Free Press that the Red Wings won't have any trades announced after the 3pm deadline. Discuss!

#2 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

Well if we have any other D-man get hurt we will be in serious trouble.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#3 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,867 posts

I really don't understand giving up Commie for a bag of pucks then if Holland wasn't clearing a spot for anything, considering Ericsson is out with a broken wrist and now lids is out too.

#4 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

I'm happy. Could he have done more? Absolutely, but i'm not mad that he didn't do anything more than the Quincey move. I'm not sure exactly was the reasoning behind Commie to TB, but whatever. I wish we would've kept him for some size when we needed it.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#5 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,571 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

I am not happy...I am mad. I don't care. There are players that were available out there that would have made this team better and Holland refuses to do a thing.

Don't Be Jealous Because I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#6 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:22 PM

If you really take in to account what happened today, we shouldnt be worried. NSH doesnt get better by adding gaustad, VAN barely gets better by adding Pahlson.

Were still in good shape. Alot of people were over-valued which is typical at the deadline.

Remember, trust in kenny.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#7 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,791 posts

Unless Eaves has made unpublished and substantial improvement, i don't understand not picking up a forward. We have some scoring issues with Pavel out and I think a gritty forward would have helped. Winnik or Gaustad would have been good.

"I think a tough team, a team that sticks together, is a lot better than leaving the onus on one guy to take care of business." - Brendan Shanahan

It still would be nice to have that one guy.

#8 crispychris

crispychris

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

What's up with #5?

#9 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

What's up with #5?

blolcked a shot last game, just a bruise. DTD.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#10 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:26 PM

Holland on 97.1 shortly

#11 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,024 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:27 PM

Weird day. Trading Commie for nothing, and then not grabbing a forward doesn't make sense. Pretty steep price for Gaustad threw the prices outta whack, too bad we couldn't have grabbed Pahlsson for his price. Not comfortable with Emmerton as the 4th line center.

#NOMOREKINDL

#12 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:27 PM

Very disappointed. The Wings needed to make a move to improve this team either by adding depth or making a small roster change to send a message to those on this team that don't compete that they're not untouchable. The teams that give us fits all got better today.
If we get Hudler re-signing is our deadline deal I will puke.

#13 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

Holland is going to be on 97.1 the Ticket at 230 to talk about the deadline if anyone is interested in listening to that.
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#14 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 288 posts

Just in....Holland trades a bucket of octopi and a 7th round conditional pick for Crosby, with the condition being that Kronwall gets to paste Crosby against the glass no less than 4 times per practice.

Not confirmed yet....

#15 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,070 posts

The Nashville Gaustad deal screams as a pure (for lack of a better term) c*ckblock move. A 1st and 4th? I'm half a mind to think that Holland was working that trade for a while this morning and then Nashville swoops in at the end, trips all over itself to make that move to prevent him from landing in Detroit. (On the flipside, you'd say "Nashville to do all that just to prevent Detroit from landing a player -- the level of Guastad -- it was clearly persuing?)

#16 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

LGW on deadline day:

Posted Image

#17 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

This was the worst deadline market ever. NOBODY got a scoring forward, and the quality grit forwards went for a premium. I don't see why some of you are complaining. The fact that virtually no significant moves were made should indicate to you that the prices being asked for were exorbitant.

#18 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

I'm glad Holland didn't try to acquire anyone, the prices out there for below average players was nutty.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#19 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

I understand the need for preserving assets for the inevitability of Lidstrom retiring and our core players aging, but my initial gut reaction to the lack of a significant move today is disappointment. True, Holland addressed a need by picking up Quincey last week, but as many others have pointed out there are other very evident needs, and Holland himself said he wanted to add at least a forward for depth, he didn't even do that, and guys that were on his radar went to teams that we are fighting for playoff position for prices that were reasonable considering the market.

The sky is not falling, and I still think the Wings have a better than 50% chance to finish first in the west, or at least win the division and secure 1 or 2 home playoff series, but the opportunity was there to improve on those odds without mortgaging the future. Chicago and San Jose have fallen off lately, and St. Louis and Nashville have not been able to gain much ground, so there is no real need for panic, but when you have a chance to get significantly better and you do not it leaves room for "what ifs", and that does not sit well with me.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#20 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

what a downer of a day and now im hearing cody hodsons name is out there as being dealt and if thats true you know vancouver is getting something good back :(

We better call up nyquist and give him top 6 minutes

hodson to buffalo