• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Post-TDT: Red Wings stand pat, no additions

Rate this topic

Forking the Red Wings' deadline-day discussion from the main trade-deadline thread to this one. Holland has told the Free Press that the Red Wings won't have any trades announced after the 3pm deadline. Discuss!

I'm happy. Could he have done more? Absolutely, but i'm not mad that he didn't do anything more than the Quincey move. I'm not sure exactly was the reasoning behind Commie to TB, but whatever. I wish we would've kept him for some size when we needed it.

If you really take in to account what happened today, we shouldnt be worried. NSH doesnt get better by adding gaustad, VAN barely gets better by adding Pahlson.

Were still in good shape. Alot of people were over-valued which is typical at the deadline.

Remember, trust in kenny.

Unless Eaves has made unpublished and substantial improvement, i don't understand not picking up a forward. We have some scoring issues with Pavel out and I think a gritty forward would have helped. Winnik or Gaustad would have been good.

Weird day. Trading Commie for nothing, and then not grabbing a forward doesn't make sense. Pretty steep price for Gaustad threw the prices outta whack, too bad we couldn't have grabbed Pahlsson for his price. Not comfortable with Emmerton as the 4th line center.

Very disappointed. The Wings needed to make a move to improve this team either by adding depth or making a small roster change to send a message to those on this team that don't compete that they're not untouchable. The teams that give us fits all got better today.

If we get Hudler re-signing is our deadline deal I will puke.

The Nashville Gaustad deal screams as a pure (for lack of a better term) c*ckblock move. A 1st and 4th? I'm half a mind to think that Holland was working that trade for a while this morning and then Nashville swoops in at the end, trips all over itself to make that move to prevent him from landing in Detroit. (On the flipside, you'd say "Nashville to do all that just to prevent Detroit from landing a player -- the level of Guastad -- it was clearly persuing?)

Guest Crymson

This was the worst deadline market ever. NOBODY got a scoring forward, and the quality grit forwards went for a premium. I don't see why some of you are complaining. The fact that virtually no significant moves were made should indicate to you that the prices being asked for were exorbitant.

I understand the need for preserving assets for the inevitability of Lidstrom retiring and our core players aging, but my initial gut reaction to the lack of a significant move today is disappointment. True, Holland addressed a need by picking up Quincey last week, but as many others have pointed out there are other very evident needs, and Holland himself said he wanted to add at least a forward for depth, he didn't even do that, and guys that were on his radar went to teams that we are fighting for playoff position for prices that were reasonable considering the market.

The sky is not falling, and I still think the Wings have a better than 50% chance to finish first in the west, or at least win the division and secure 1 or 2 home playoff series, but the opportunity was there to improve on those odds without mortgaging the future. Chicago and San Jose have fallen off lately, and St. Louis and Nashville have not been able to gain much ground, so there is no real need for panic, but when you have a chance to get significantly better and you do not it leaves room for "what ifs", and that does not sit well with me.

This was the worst deadline market ever. NOBODY got a scoring forward, and the quality grit forwards went for a premium. I don't see why some of you are complaining. The fact that virtually no significant moves were made should indicate to you that the prices being asked for were exorbitant.

yes i agree with what your saying .... it's just dissapointing with it quite possibly being lidstroms last year and our last best chance at a cup

i hope we could call up nyquist to come with smith and give him good ice time , maybe both of them could be our deadline deal

Guest Crymson

I understand the need for preserving assets for the inevitability of Lidstrom retiring and our core players aging, but my initial gut reaction to the lack of a significant move today is disappointment.

There were very few significant moves made at this season's deadline, for the very good reasons that they were very few sellers and that they were charging exorbitant prices. What did you expect? Why do you think almost NOBODY made notable moves?