• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bdavis

Patrick Eaves

Rate this topic

I was just thinking about Eaves.. Is that puck to the face going to end his career? Hopefully not, but that isn't a good sign that he's been out this long. Is he skating or anything? I know the concussion symptoms are still there, but just haven't heard anything about his progress. Hope he can make a comeback this season.

It would be great to have everyone healthy for the playoffs but Eaves returns would probably mean Emmerton or Mursak would see a significant cut in ice-time and I for one would rather see the Wings give their younger players as much ice-time as possible so they can develop and become proven players on this roster. Eaves is a great player but the Wings need to start giving their younger players a better look and bring them up whenever possible.

Edited by Dimaline312000

I think it would be safe to write him off for the rest of the season. I would also agree that we need to give our young guys some experience though. I just get the feeling we have a serious log jam on forward right now. So many bubble guys right now (Em, Mursak, Nyq)

I could just be totally wrong, but I dont think Emmerton will be around long into the future

I think it would be safe to write him off for the rest of the season. I would also agree that we need to give our young guys some experience though. I just get the feeling we have a serious log jam on forward right now. So many bubble guys right now (Em, Mursak, Nyq)

I could just be totally wrong, but I dont think Emmerton will be around long into the future

I don't see Emmerton staying, I see him used as trade bait or part of a package deal. We simply just can't afford to send him down right now, because he would be a free pickup off of waivers for teams. I really thought Kenny was going to deal him before the trade deadline to make space, but we all saw where that went.

It would be great to have everyone healthy for the playoffs but Eaves returns would probably mean Emmerton or Mursak would see a significant cut in ice-time and I for one would rather see the Wings give their younger players as much ice-time as possible so they can develop and become proven players on this roster. Eaves is a great player but he Wings need to start giving their younger players a better look and bring them up whenever possible.

I understand what you are saying but it's not like Eaves is a dinosaur. He's only 27 and would be a significant upgrade to the bottom six forwards if he'd be able to go.

I understand what you are saying but it's not like Eaves is a dinosaur. He's only 27 and would be a significant upgrade to the bottom six forwards if he'd be able to go.

Agreed he's not a dinosaur at all. He just keeps getting injured, I know that's not his fault but it just isn't good for him or the teams he plays for. I'd almost rather see if we can deal Eaves in the off-season to make room for our prospects, obviously we can't trade an injured player but it just sucks to see the Wings lose so many young players who spend all that time in Juniors and GR only to be traded or waived before they get a chance to make the Wings roster. I get what most of you are saying about Emmerton and somewhat agree but each player develops at his own pace. Yes Emmerton needs to be more productive and more physical but perhaps he just hasn't found his game yet, this is just the first season he's supposed to be up. Give him an off-season to improve and if the Wings don't see much of an improvment by the halfway point of next season than deal him but don't lose him to waivers or trade him before he really gets a good shot to prove anything.

Didn't he have his jaw wired as well? Or am I making that up? :P Tough thing to come back from and even participate in skates I'd imagine. The shockwaves that must be sent through a head with a wired jaw (if so) and concussion symptoms must be excruciating every time a skate plants on the ice.

Really hope he gets back though as he's a real third line producer. He's our better Samuelsson and I agree with however said it that he could be a 20 goal scorer if he had the chance.

EDIT: Spelling... which is unfortunate for a 22 year old really. Especially one who took Creative Writing modules at University :(

Edited by Wing Across The Pond

What team wouldn't want a 4th line center that hasn't scored a point in more than 10 games and refuses to hit anyone?

You have to give a guy time to get comfortable.

Remember the great Homer quote...

Not saying Emmerton will become anything, just don't give up on him yet. He will have another training camp to figure it out before he becomes either a Griffin or a Tampa Bay Lightning :P

I think if Eaves had played all year we wouldn't have lost as many games. He's good grit and secondary scoring. But I think he's done for this season and maybe the beginning of next.

Impossible to say. Just remember, if he was in all year... Babs might have never found some of the chemistry and power from some of the line combinations. Miller might never have seen his line mates be Abs and Helm. We know how many games that won us.

The thing about Eaves... is he is another player that might not be a second line guy and might not do anything on the fourth line... so do you put him on the third over the other guys who are crafted for checking line duty?

It is a real dilemma.

I think we can agree, if he played some of the games when we were really in depth trouble we might have been better.

Then again, Nyquvist might not have gotten comfortable.

When Eaves got hit I worried that he was hurt really badly, I wish I'd been wrong.

If his career ended because of that puck that would break my heart, I love him as a Red Wing.

(on another note, if his career were to end, I also feel for Josi, I can't imagine how bad he must have felt initially and ending somebody's career would be a terrible way to begin yours)

Poor guy. Never has a chance to get his game to 100%. I remember last season, right after his hat-trick game, he was injured. If it wasn't for his injuries, I don't see why he couldn't be a 20 goal scorer.

Yeah, what's to stop Chris Chelios Patrick Eaves from scoring 20 goals?

I kid, I kid. I actually agree with you here. This has been a troubling string of injuries in more than one way. Broken jaws aren't easy to come back from, and concussions are even tougher. I hope we get another chance to see him play at 100% in the winged wheel again next year, but I hold out zero hope that we'll see he again this season... and even if we did, he'd be a shadow of his full tilt self -- hardly the kind of situation you want in the playoffs.

Yeah, what's to stop Chris Chelios Patrick Eaves from scoring 20 goals?

I kid, I kid. I actually agree with you here. This has been a troubling string of injuries in more than one way. Broken jaws aren't easy to come back from, and concussions are even tougher. I hope we get another chance to see him play at 100% in the winged wheel again next year, but I hold out zero hope that we'll see he again this season... and even if we did, he'd be a shadow of his full tilt self -- hardly the kind of situation you want in the playoffs.

Topic Sidenote: God, I miss Sir Drake!