• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MTU_Huskies963

Patrick Kane at it again

Rate this topic

Guest Hatethedrake!

I thought the Chicago organization was just a little bit brighter than what they are showing. They're still treating Kane as a long-term investment and not as the embarrassment that he has turned out to be.

I don't think Stan Bowman is bright at all. He took over a Cup winning club built by Dale Tallon and they have become worse each year since he took over. He just re-signed Jamal Mayers and gave Johnny Oduya (who stinks) a 3 year deal. As for Kane, the Hawks will give him alot of rope because he was drafted 1st overall and because he was a big part of their Cup winning team. It's funny how Kane and Toews are around the same age. Toews acts like a young Yzerman and Kane acts like a young Dennis Rodman.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

Yeah, because players in the 70s never used to get drunk and hit on women. And everyone had camera-phones in those days too, they just chose to respect the privacy of sports stars in that era :rolleyes:

Privacy of sports stars?

The guy couldn't have drawn more attention to himself short of holding a press conference where people watch him get hammered.

It's not like someone took pictures from a party in Kane's backyard. He went to the University of Wisconsin (no idea why you go to Wisconsin to celebrate Cinco de Mayo) with custom made t-shirts for the event and made a total ass of himself.

When someone pays you $6 mill a year and you're one of the faces of the franchise, like it or not you have to know that the things you do in your personal life will reflect on the organization. It's not like he needs to be going to church 5 days a week. Just don't make such a drunken spectacle of yourself. People in their 20s may not disapprove, but I bet a lot of hockey mom's would think twice about buying their kid a Kane jersey if he keeps this up.

Everyone has issues from time to time. I hope he can get it under control. The sad part to me is those pictures where he seems to be by himself all the time. WTF was he doing there did he even have friends there or was he just there getting wasted thinking im patrick kane and I can do what I want?

Everyone has issues from time to time. I hope he can get it under control. The sad part to me is those pictures where he seems to be by himself all the time. WTF was he doing there did he even have friends there or was he just there getting wasted thinking im patrick kane and I can do what I want?

I'd be willing to bet the latter option.

Privacy of sports stars?

The guy couldn't have drawn more attention to himself short of holding a press conference where people watch him get hammered.

It's not like someone took pictures from a party in Kane's backyard. He went to the University of Wisconsin (no idea why you go to Wisconsin to celebrate Cinco de Mayo) with custom made t-shirts for the event and made a total ass of himself.

When someone pays you $6 mill a year and you're one of the faces of the franchise, like it or not you have to know that the things you do in your personal life will reflect on the organization. It's not like he needs to be going to church 5 days a week. Just don't make such a drunken spectacle of yourself. People in their 20s may not disapprove, but I bet a lot of hockey mom's would think twice about buying their kid a Kane jersey if he keeps this up.

Hey, he's an ass-hat - I never said he wasn't. But to somehow suggest that Orr and his contempories didn't act like this is ridiculous. Difference is that everywhere you go these days you're surrounded by people with cameras that can instantly upload your pics to the internet.

Of course, you can suggest that this should make Kane modify his behaviour accordingly, but jocks will be jocks, and always have been,

I'm in my mid twenties and I disapprove. I guess every one chooses to conduct themselves in a certain manner. If I was making 6 million dollars a year and in the eye of the public, I would probably control myself a bit better. I guess it's easy to say since I'm not in that position, but I just think people have different natures, and money/alcohol bring them out. The issue with Kane is that while other guys are rumored to be jerks, Kane makes it very public. He could definitely be a little more subtle.

Sooooooo..... I guess we could say that Kane is the Nick Farley of the Chicago Blackhawks then. They are both about the same age, one smokes and speeds, while the other drinks like a fish. These cases show the two young men need help. I really believe the teams need to step up and help these guys out before they end up dead and then you have everyone asking why???

As far as I know I can give him credit for not driving while he's partying. This gets him points with me. At 21 I was making twofitty an hour and was more than my share of stupid.

Patrick Sharp has his back (at least in the media); no word yet from Toews.

Maybe those rumours about his "injury" prior to last season are true.

Please remind me. I recall some rumour about an injury, but I don't remember what it was.

From the looks of the company he keeps, I'd think he'd be more prone to off-season disease than injury.

I expect people in their early 20s to be drunken idiots. I don't expect them to be drunken idiots in public. Keep that s*** at home, Sparkles.

Indeed, I am 22 and am currently drunk but have sufficient experience from my university days to be able to type flawlessly whilst mashed on vodka-cokes and shots of Jagermeister. It's ok though, as I wake up every morning to a pot of fresh coffee to start the day, which I Irish up.

Now I've finished being flippant, this guy embarrasses me as someone in their 20s and you know what, I have nothing against you for having the expectation that people in their 20s are drunken idiots. Heck I know it to be true. I find it sad how people (including a lot of my friends) will seek out the bar that serves shots for £1.50 or a jug of some rancid cocktail for a fiver rather than going to a place where they can have a good time with friends and enjoy a drink rather than stumble outside at 1/2am and introduce it into the gutter, ready to start again. And sadly this happens EVERY WEEK. People in the limelight like Patrick Kane (although I have to admit over here only one person I know would have any idea who he is but it's universal to young sports stars this side of the Atlantic as well) seem to encourage this sort of behaviour not through endorsement but through persistant representation. A player on the rugby team that I support was caught twice driving whilst drunk and was subsequently banned from driving, fined, and dropped from the England team. As someone who is paid quite a bit of money (not as much as most other professional sports) he admitted the driving and the fine were more an inconvenience but losing international rugby was devistating to him. Patrick Kane wont care if you fine him or ban him from certain bars or what-have-you, but a US court telling him he's banned from US hockey for the next Olympics would soon sort him out. All that remains after that is to see whether USA Hockey stands by the decision or values winning over setting a good example for developing players and kids and therefore the future of the game in the country.

Please remind me. I recall some rumour about an injury, but I don't remember what it was.

From the looks of the company he keeps, I'd think he'd be more prone to off-season disease than injury.

Lol... I wonder what they would have to put in the box that states "Injury" when registering him for LTIR? :P

Obviously I don't know the guy personally, but from the outward appearances on the ice and in public, it would seem like a classic case of spoiled rich boy who never got a beating when he was a kid and thinks he can do whatever he wants. It would have been nice if franzen had done more than rip that mouth guard out.

I don't get the ire here. If he's a 20-cent punk, who cares? He's not our 20-cent punk to worry about. I don't see him as disgracing the game - he's a kid not handling wealth and pressure well. It's not like he drunk-vomited on the President during the Hawks trip to the White House.

And for the vast majority who are too young to know the phrase, it's supposed to be a "two-bit punk"; I just personalized it for him. :)

Chicago Sun-Times.

He has to call a press conference to tell people he's "sorry"? Was he working on his script in rehab?

He didn't have to do that; we all know he's sorry.

Besides, didn't he say basically the same thing after the limo photos surfaced? you know, the one he had on his t-shirt when he went and got hammered this last time on cinco de mayo? or maybe it was the cab driver incident, I can't remember.

Either way, the words ring hollow until he actually stops showing up in pictures pass out drunk looking like a d-bag.

Patrick Kane wont care if you fine him or ban him from certain bars or what-have-you, but a US court telling him he's banned from US hockey for the next Olympics would soon sort him out. All that remains after that is to see whether USA Hockey stands by the decision or values winning over setting a good example for developing players and kids and therefore the future of the game in the country.

I don't think a "US Court" is really necessary. Can't the Blackhawks organization, on their own, prohibit him from participating in any exhibitions and tournaments? Furthermore, can't they just start fining his ass (not money, but sit him) for embarrassing everyone?

The attitude here is rather odd...everyone is saying "oh, he's a kid". No, he's an adult that makes millions of dollars playing NHL hockey while tons of kids watch. 10 years ago, everyone would have said that. Now, he's "just a kid".

Stan Bowman sure isn't like his father. I can only imagine what Scotty would have done!

Edited by evilmrt