• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Diluvian04

Would you make this trade?

Rate this topic

Jim Matheson reports Red Wings GM Ken Holland is believed eyeing potential UFAs Ryan Suter (Nashville) and Zach Parise (New Jersey) if they aren’t re-signed by their respective clubs, and would be willing to trade for their negotiating rights. He also observed an “intriguing” trade proposal from the web  in which “the Washington Capitals trading Mike Green and centre Brooks Laich to the Red Wings for Johan Franzen, Darren Helm and (Jakub) Kindl”

Reported from spectorshockey.net

Edited by Diluvian04

I think Helm's speed and penalty kill abilities are too valuable to include him in the trade. I don't have a problem trading the Mule or Kindl though. As far as Washington's end of the deal not sure if I would want that gamble or not on Mike Green, he's been really held back lately with injuries. As far as Laich goes, I don't know too much about his game but from the small samples I've seen he's not to bad, but as the deal stands I would say No thanks.

Guys like Helm aren't uncommon, but he fits so well here, it'd take a lot for me to trade him. I'd say he's the 3rd most important forward behind Datsyuk and Zetterberg. He drives the bottom 2 lines, as already stated. Miller was useless without him late in the season, and Helm's line was the Wings' best on a lot of nights (far too many, really).

I would have Franzen out the door before I could hang up the phone if I was in charge, though...

No way, Helm is the deal breaker... There has to be a young prospect that could be thrown in there instead. I don't mind trading Kindl or Franzen, but I say no to trading Helm...Would they take Abby in his place? I would hate to trade him either, but if it is down to one or the other, Abby has to be the one...

This would be something though: Trade for Green and Laich, sign Vokoun, Wideman & Semin... (that is if Suter and Parise fall through) that would weird acquiring 5 NEW players all from the same team! Although Suter and Parise seem to be the #1 priorities, I think if Holland landed those 5 listed, it wouldn't be so bad....Add Doan to the mix as well, I think we are sitting pretty good, even if we lost out on Suter & Parise, then next year, throw the basket at Weber! Slap! Ok, Ok, I am awake now...thanks!

No way, Helm is the deal breaker... There has to be a young prospect that could be thrown in there instead. I don't mind trading Kindl or Franzen, but I say no to trading Helm...Would they take Abby in his place? I would hate to trade him either, but if it is down to one or the other, Abby has to be the one...

This would be something though: Trade for Green and Laich, sign Vokoun, Wideman & Semin... (that is if Suter and Parise fall through) that would weird acquiring 5 NEW players all from the same team! Although Suter and Parise seem to be the #1 priorities, I think if Holland landed those 5 listed, it wouldn't be so bad....Add Doan to the mix as well, I think we are sitting pretty good, even if we lost out on Suter & Parise, then next year, throw the basket at Weber! Slap! Ok, Ok, I am awake now...thanks!

I totally agree. If this was even Abby, Franzen and Kindl I'd want it done but Helm is essential to this team.

I don't see this trade helping either team that much.

Franzen is a lazy idiot, but trading him is stupid unless we get an offensive scorer going the other way. What if we don't get Parise? Then we'll have even less reliable scoring at forward than before.

And Washington would be trading their best offensive defenseman for Kindl?

Green: health issues and inconsistent

Laich: were already deep at center

Helm: will never be traded

That could go either way.

Franzen also has health issues and is inconsistent. Also, he's older than the other players.

And we're not that deep at center, especially if Helm is traded. Emmerton was a regular center for us last year for Pete's sake.

And Kindl didn't seem to progress that much.

Green is a right handed shot and could compliment Suter well if we get him. Laich is a solid performer and plays hard (also born on the same day and year as me :D ).

I don't think the trade is unfair, but I'm not entirely sold on it. Like I said above, if we don't get Parise, we'd be getting rid of another top 6 forward in Franzen with nothing similar in return.

Throw in Erskine for good faith. It'll make me feel better. :hehe:

Edited by GMRwings1983

How about Franzen for the rights to Semin? Anything to get rid of the god awful length of that contract. Then just let Semin walk if he wants anymore than 4M.

George McPhee would be pretty stupid to say the least if he was to accept an offer like that, taking on that contract. Also in the opposite side of things I think we would be stupid to do that as well. I don't think Franzen's stock is all that high but to basically give him to the Caps for Semin (Who I doubt we would retain) is just idiotic. Plain and simple, its bad both ways you look at it.

Happyto see that everyone loves the Helm. I was hoping the Mule would be involved in a trade somehow, but Im not sure Kindl is what they would want there. To lose a player like Helm or Flip (not that he was mentioned, im just sayin') would be huge, those two along with Howard, Z and Dats are untouchable imo.

I would consider Laich and Green for Franzen and Kindl

this exactly. Helm is too valuable in the bottom 6. Green is a defensive liability, so he'd go 1 for 1 with Franzen, the one who floats. Laich would be 1 for 1 with Kindl...so not sure why the "responsible trading" Wings would in any way entertain a trade for those 2 involving Helm. The guy who wrote the article must be a big Caps fan. As much as i despise Franzen and his terrible work ethic half the time, he still is worth as much as that fugly dickhead Green.

1) No way we get rid of Helm.

2) While Green could replace Lidstrom's offensive production, it would make us much worse defensively.

And as frustrated as we all get with Franzen at times, people seem to forget he's our leading goal scorer, you don't just dump that. If we got rid of Franzen and got Parise, we didn't improve (except in work ethic) offensively.

Edited by VM1138