• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SoupSnake

Winter Classic Prices Announced

Rate this topic

UPDATE:

Apparently there will be NO public sale of tickets for this game. No tickets to the public expected...corporate sponsors get first dibs then going to season ticket holders of the Red Wings, GR Griffins, Plymouth Whalers (plus Leafs, Marlies, and Sting) second as a way to boost their season ticket sales. Each of those can purchase up to 4 tickets.

Plus, you'll have to buy a GLI ticket for every Classic ticket.

Alumni game information not published yet.

source:http://www.kuklaskor...tmr/comments...

"According to an email Josh Howard received from the Grand Rapids Griffins, there will be no public sale of Winter Classic tickets:

As we enter our beautiful summer months, we are looking forward to our 17th Season this year. We have some exciting events coming up this year including the Winter Classic Game between the Detroit Red Wings and the Toronto Maple Leafs. There will be no public sale for this event and the Griffins are one of the only places you can purchase tickets to this historic event. Tickets will be made available to many of our ticket plan holders"

$89 for the cheapest ticket. Wow, there goes my hopes of getting a cheap seat. Do you think that it will be selling out at these prices? Like really selling out, not "sold out" with 1000's of tickets going for $15 on the street before the game.

11155476-large.jpg

http://www.mlive.com...t_prices_r.html

Still no announcemnent on when they will actually go on sale. Details from MLive are below.

A graphic posted on DetroitRedWings.com indicates that ticket prices for the 2013 NHL Winter Classic between the Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs Jan. 1 at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor will be priced between $89 and $279.

The majority of the seats appear as if they'll cost either $129 or $149. There are seven price levels, according to the graphic: $89, $129, $149, $189, $219, $249 and $279. The $89 seats appear to be near the bottom of the stands while the $279 seats are on the club level. Tickets for the events at Comerica Park will cost $18, $28 and $38, according to the graphic. There was no indication as to when tickets will go on sale or how many tickets will be available for purchase by the general public. DetroitRedWings.com also saysthat anyone purchasing a full season-ticket package or 20-game package will have an "opportunity to purchase tickets to ... the 2012 Hockeytown Winter Festival and the 2013 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic."

Edited by Matt

It will absolutely sell out, and I'd bet it would even if the cheapest ticket was $200. I don't think it's an exaggeration to estimate there are probably million people who are seriously considering trying to get tickets for this.

I'm actually pretty pleased with these prices since I was expecting double that or more.

I think Leaf fans could damn near sell the place out alone, honestly.

They won't, but that fanbase is crazy enough that 110,000 Leaf fans probably wouldn't hesitate to cross the boarder for this game.

Edited by Trapt1307

I updated the OP with this as well but apparently there will be no tickets available to the general public.

UPDATE: Apparently there will be NO public sale of tickets for this game.

No tickets to the public expected...corporate sponsors get first dibs then going to season ticket holders of the Red Wings, GR Griffins, Plymouth Whalers (plus Leafs, Marlies, and Sting) second as a way to boost their season ticket sales. Each of those can purchase up to 4 tickets.

Plus, you'll have to buy a GLI ticket for every Classic ticket.

Alumni game information not published yet.

source:http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/tmr/comments...

"According to an email Josh Howard received from the Grand Rapids Griffins, there will be no public sale of Winter Classic tickets:

As we enter our beautiful summer months, we are looking forward to our 17th Season this year. We have some exciting events coming up this year including the Winter Classic Game between the Detroit Red Wings and the Toronto Maple Leafs. There will be no public sale for this event and the Griffins are one of the only places you can purchase tickets to this historic event. Tickets will be made available to many of our ticket plan holders"

thats terrible. now all the STH's of the various teams will just buy tickets to re-sell them. and instead of the ticket revenue actually going to the teams involved it goes to a bunch of scalpers. for a game like this, whoever purchases the tickets should be required to use them.

That response from the Griffins could just be the standard line that ticket reps are told to give out. They were probably told that as a way to try to get more sales of ticket plans. "If you want to go to the Winter Classic, you need to purchase season tickets."

We'll just have to wait & see though.

That's a bummer. I'd love to fly out from PA for the Winter Classic but there is no way I'm going to buy season tix that I'll never be able to use. Guess I can change the Xmas vacation plans.

$89 for the cheapest ticket. Wow, there goes my hopes of getting a cheap seat. Do you think that it will be selling out at these prices? Like really selling out, not "sold out" with 1000's of tickets going for $15 on the street before the game.

how cheap did you expect the winter classic tickets to be? 89 dollars for a winter classic ticket is a bargain compared to what prices have been going for in the previous winter classics.

for me personally, i don't care what tickets i get. i didn't plan on having a great view of the game anyways. i'm just going for the spectacle and to be part of history.

No public sale of tickets?

Man I hope my Aunt's firm can manage to grab a set with their season ticket plan so I can buy it off them. Otherwise I'll be completely screwed and majorly pissed.

yup. if you don't know someone who has season tickets, you're basically screwed

Guest Shoreline

Asked family in the metro Detroit area to ask any friends/coworkers if they are season ticket holders and my wife and I will drive there to exchange the tickets for cash if possible, otherwise, likely not gonna get a ticket in time, and I'm certainly not going to get bent over by scalpers. I'd rather just watch from TV in the latter cases.

how cheap did you expect the winter classic tickets to be? 89 dollars for a winter classic ticket is a bargain compared to what prices have been going for in the previous winter classics.

for me personally, i don't care what tickets i get. i didn't plan on having a great view of the game anyways. i'm just going for the spectacle and to be part of history.

As a cash strapped young married guy I guess I was hoping that tickets would be cheaper. Tickets started at about $15 for the Big Chill at the Big House, I guess I didn't realize how expensive previous Winter Classic tickets were. I've never been to one before.

While I was expecting ticket prices to be in those ranges I think it's terrible that there will be no public ticket sales. So if we don't have a connection that is willing to sell us the tickets for face value we can all expect to pay double(?) from the greedy ones that do have access to them. Not a good way to sell the game. :nono:

Isn't it funny that corporate sponsors get first dibs, even though they are the ones likely to not show up or send a bunch of people who don't care about the game? That's business, I guess.

Sucks that there are so many strings attached to the tickets, that might cause people to hesitate a bit, but the prices aren't as outrageous as I thought they'd be.

Yea it'll sell out. For Leafs fans, that's a bargain!

Hoping Leafs/Wings fans will be 50/50 in attendance. That would be epic.

The sad thing is, if the Leafs win, their fans would act like they won the Stanley Cup. I was at an exhibition game once, Leafs/Wings, and Leaf fans were honking their horns after they beat the Wings. It was September!

It will absolutely sell out, and I'd bet it would even if the cheapest ticket was $200. I don't think it's an exaggeration to estimate there are probably million people who are seriously considering trying to get tickets for this.

I'm actually pretty pleased with these prices since I was expecting double that or more.

Yeah you were! The maple leafs being the closest team to my location and Toronto being the only place I see hockey games I nearly sh*t every time I see prices on redwings.com....That being said it's a mere 5hr21min drive from here to the Joe so Im coming soon!

I've said it before, I have never seen WC tickets go on sale to the public. It's always the season ticket thing, corporate sponsors, and the NHL always runs promotions to 'win a chance to buy tickets'. If there are $89 tickets, you can probably nab them for $200-300. Yeah it sucks, but how much do you really want to go? Or, you can chance it and just show up and try to get tickets right before the game. That's when all the deals should be since the ticket becomes worthless to anyone once the game is over. I might try that if I can't get a hold of tickets and I live in ******* Texas. Hell, it's probably an event just being outside that game if you can't get in.

Yea it'll sell out. For Leafs fans, that's a bargain!

The sad thing is, if the Leafs win, their fans would act like they won the Stanley Cup. I was at an exhibition game once, Leafs/Wings, and Leaf fans were honking their horns after they beat the Wings. It was September!

well yea.. when you haven't been to the playoffs since 2004, the winter classic is about as close to a playoff game feel as their ever going to get :rotflmao: