• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

So What's Up With Abby & Quincey?

Rate this topic

...are there any rumblings or rumors out there concerning these two? You would think that as RFA's they would be signed before July 1st (if they really want to come back.) Maybe Abdelkader will a bit harder to re-sign than we imagined...

I know Holland was kinda busy today but I would hope he at least has talked to Abby's agent. I wonder what the hold up is for him...he may be looking for (and could possibly get) near $2M somewhere. I would think that that would be a bit much for him, but you never know around the league. If that is the case, I'd sign them both and trade them...possibly in a package to the....Ducks! :lol: Sorry, but until Bobby Ryan and Justin Schultz are unavailable, I am going to try to find ways to get them here! :lol:

call me crazy but I wouldn't be too disappointed if we let both of them walk. I don't see what Abdelkader brings to this team that is all that important.we'll probably resign Quincey due to already losing Lidstrom and Start.

Abby is one of the few physical forwards the Wings have. The team without him would be incredibly soft.

I believe Khan said the Wings would talk to both at the draft. Therefore, I think it's too early to speculate on either player.

Thought I read somewhere that both will be qualified, and deals worked out later in the summer, likely after the start of free agency.

I doubt either would get any offers we wouldn't match, though with Quincey it would depend on who we sign. If you compare Quincey to the UFA defenseman, he'd be top-10, maybe even top-5. We need two defenseman who can both play both the PP and the PK, and if at all possible be comfortable playing against top lines. Quincey is one of the few who fits all that.

Abby is easily replaced, but not likely to get an offer high enough that we'd rather have the compensation.

Abby is one of the few physical forwards the Wings have. The team without him would be incredibly soft.

I believe Khan said the Wings would talk to both at the draft. Therefore, I think it's too early to speculate on either player.

Except he loves to take dumb penalties and his defensive game is still pretty rough.

Abby isn't irreplaceable but he's a much better option than Emmerton for the 4th line center and as mentioned is one of the few physical forwards the Wings have. He doesn't deserve Helm money but something around 1.5 or lower would be acceptable.

I'm on the fence about Quincey but the defense is so thin right now, the Wings kinda have to sign him. No more than 3.5 I hope.

Abby isn't irreplaceable but he's a much better option than Emmerton for the 4th line center and as mentioned is one of the few physical forwards the Wings have. He doesn't deserve Helm money but something around 1.5 or lower would be acceptable.

I'm on the fence about Quincey but the defense is so thin right now, the Wings kinda have to sign him. No more than 3.5 I hope.

I say wait to see what pans out on JUly 1st...If Holland cannot land Suter, then sure, re-sign Quincey, but if Suter comes along and Schultz too? Bye Bye Quincey! Too bad Holland has to qualify him for $3.125M, Quincey may just accept that! Damn!

Ya if it came down to it and Holland had to, trade Abby & Quincey..especially if he signs a Moen or Prust. I think even Gausted would be an upgrade to Abby (more expensive, but indeed an upgrade) Besides if Holland cannot get Parise, that is all the more cash available for a Gausted...

I love Abby and it's great that he is a Muskegon kid, but I think that Detroit looks better with:

Suter/Schultz/Gausted/Moen vs. Suter/Quincey/Abdelkader... I think Abby would flourish in a city like Phoenix or Anaheim.

I am not changing my dream roster to add Moen and Gausted, but I sure as hell would not be disappointed!

Edited by LeftWinger

$2M for Abby?!?!?! WTF?!?!?!

Prust and/or Moen is UPGRADE for that money...

BTW:

Prust will be available and Moen could stay with HABS

Ya if it came down to it and Holland had to, trade Abby & Quincey..especially if he signs a Moen or Prust. I think even Gausted would be an upgrade to Abby (more expensive, but indeed an upgrade) Besides if Holland cannot get Parise, that is all the more cash available for a Gausted...

I love Abby and it's great that he is a Muskegon kid, but I think that Detroit looks better with:

Suter/Schultz/Gausted/Moen vs. Suter/Quincey/Abdelkader... I think Abby would flourish in a city like Phoenix or Anaheim.

I am not changing my dream roster to add Moen and Gausted, but I sure as hell would not be disappointed!

Abby had more points last season, more short handed time per game, and more hits per minute than Prust. Further, Prust is rumored to want over 2 million per year (he turned down an offer of less from the Rangers), while Abby should get 2 million maximum.

Also, some have mentioned Abby's penatles. Per 60 minutes, he draws 1.5 penalites while commiting .9. When it comes to penalties, he helps the team more than he hurts the team. Prust takes more penalties per penalties drawn than Abby.

I would like both, but adding Prust over Abby will only result in more fights. What the Wings need is both players. One tough player on the fourth line isn't going to make the Wings tough. Having Abby and Prust, Tootoo, etc will make the Wings fourth line tough to play against.

While I would like Gaustad, his asking price of 3+ million is too much. For that price, the Wings would be better trading for Ott. Trading for Ott would also allow the Wings to trade Emmerton, who would be redundent if a fourth line center is acquired.

Alot of people need to realize how effective abby is when playing on the wing instead of centering. His role changed and he cant play his style, he was playing the role the coach gave him. As much as i've had my share with abby, hes a player i wouldnt want to straight trade away

I'm in the "it's too early to tell" category but...

Abdelkader's only selling feature right now is "I'm the best 4th line centre you got". With Babcock's announcement today of "Brunner could play top 6", Abby fell even farther down the depth chart.

Dats,Z,(top 6 ufa winger), Franzen, Fil,Brunner,Nyquist,Bert, Cleary,Helm,Miller, Eaves, Abby, Mursak, Emmerton.

Now, that's 12 guys ahead of Abdelkader assuming Hudler leaves and Eaves comes back. And if Homer comes back that'll be 13.

Most people seem to agreed that Abdelkader is better on wing too. Meaning we don't have a bonafide 4th line center. Abby would just "have to do".

I hope that Holland is out looking for ways to get a real 4th line centre, or another 3rd line centre to push Helm back to the 4th. Then there would be a battle between Abby, Mursak, Eaves, Emmerton and maybe Homer for that last playing spot on the Helm/Miller line. In that case it might be a good idea for Abs to take a little less just to stay comparable to those guys.

Moen is expected to reach a deal to say in Montreal soon. From Renaud Lavoie of RDS:

Marc Bergevin told me he's confidant to make a deal with Travis Moen this week.

https://twitter.com/...579701022523394

And Gausted basically did jack for Nashville in the playoffs other then win faceoffs. If some other team wants to match the $3m a year he wants, more power to 'em.

Edited by ogreslayer

Moen is expected to reach a deal to say in Montreal soon. From Renaud Lavoie of RDS:

[/color]

https://twitter.com/...579701022523394

And Gausted basically did jack for Nashville in the playoffs other then win faceoffs. If some other team wants to match the $3m a year he wants, more power to 'em.

Some of those faceoffs were crucial if memory serves

On the spectrum of physical NHL players Abby's nothing special. I don't think we should pay him like he is a special little snowflake even if playing here makes it appear that way.

GD! I forgot about Ott...would be a nice pickup...

Do we have a link to the Red Wings tendering the qualifying offers? Strange that they only qualified Abby....good that they only qualified Quincey...I can see those draft picks coming soon! Hopefully Edmonton or Montreal picks him up! Lottery pick, here we come! :lol:

GD! I forgot about Ott...would be a nice pickup...

Do we have a link to the Red Wings tendering the qualifying offers? Strange that they only qualified Abby....good that they only qualified Quincey...I can see those draft picks coming soon! Hopefully Edmonton or Montreal picks him up! Lottery pick, here we come! :lol:

The Abby and Q ones are from this article. They are still negotiating contracts with them, they just did QOs to ensure they didn't lose them incase negotiations went beyond July 1.