• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
13dangledangle

Semin

Rate this topic

or even LESS if the Cap goes down with the new CBA...You cannot go thru the season with $16M in capspace...$6M maybe, but not $16M... Kenny must sign more players...

It could go down but it could also go up and then the 16 $ million from this season would come in incredbile handy, which might be push us over on the top list for Weber and Getzlaf.

As much as we need some sort of defenseman, even it boils down to Calaiacovo. Detroit needs a goal scorer, in some capacity!

Wasn't it blatantly obvious in the playoffs?! At this point Defense is going to be tough, so please Kenny get something done this free agency.

I am all for Semin, bad attitude or not.

hey dats pull a parise and persuade semin to sign here for 4 years 20mil

In all honesty, if Holland is having reserves about his attitude, I think the best thing to do would be have Dats give him a call and see how it goes. I mean, with the right leadership, I think this guy could blossom.

Imagine Semin on the same line as Dats......possibilities are endless.

He gets a bad rap... but I think he's a more solid hockey player than most and Datsyuk and him had great chemistry at the Worlds... Sign him up 5 years @ 5.5 cap hit per. I bet he just wants term over money right now (security).

They were quite entertaining together at the Worlds. Not all they tried worked, but with practice I can see some spectacular plays coming (like Dats and Z were making when they played together a lot).

I can just agree with what everyone is saying.

Semin is CLOSE to a must-have. If we let him go to Pittsburgh I'll be disappoint. We have the money, we have a perfect fit for him on Datsyuk's wing, we have the kind of coach and organization that can get handle any possible 'issues' he might bring... I see very few downsides.

If we can offer 90 million to both Suter and Parise we can easily offer Semin something like 5 years at 5-6 mil per year. Maybe more, if that 's what it takes. If we add him we have the freedom to make a trade for D. Get it done Kenny.

Edited by dat's sick

I can just agree with what everyone is saying.

Semin is CLOSE to a must-have. If we let him go to Pittsburgh I'll be disappoint. We have the money, we have a perfect fit for him on Datsyuk's wing, we have the kind of coach and organization that can get handle any possible 'issues' he might bring... I see very few downsides.

If we can offer 90 million to both Suter and Parise we can easily offer Semin something like 5 years at 5-6 mil per year. Maybe more, if that 's what it takes. If we add him we have the freedom to make a trade for D. Get it done Kenny.

This is exactly how I feel. We have like 16 million dollars in cap space use it! So what if you overpay a little. We need this guy more than ever now. Then trade Mule+ for Enstrom and sign Doan or Mueller and our team isn't looking half bad. Were still bringing in some youth but were also being very competitive. C'mon Holland do something already!

Now that Parise is gone, maybe we do need Semin. Not a priority but if we have money and space leftover after fixing our defense it's better than letting the cap space go to waste. Who knows, maybe he and Franzen will be lazy at different points and it'll add up as if we have one 50 goal scorer consistently.

The key is a short-term contract. No way I'd go long-term on a guy like Semin. Bad work effort, questionable loyalty (KHL will always be calling). But if he'd agree to one or two years like a Hossa contract I'd be all for it. Unless something better comes along.

I think the pens are reluctant to go long term because malkin will be needing a reup in 2 years and they already committed a lot of cap elsewhere and have good players playing above contracts like letang and despres. We can beat them in length. I just really dont want the pens to have him probably more than i want him.

same guy who also said on July 3rd that Suter had agreed to be a Wing.

Not that I am saying this guy is in the know, but Suter could have very well agreed to be a Wing before he was talked out of it by a jilted and jaded Zach Parise and his meddling in-laws...and he would have gotten away with it too!

Meh, as happy as I'd be if we could get him, I'm calling Rangers or Pens being the ones that close him.

Wouldn't be surprised if Kenny didn't even inquire. Too busy locking up Lilja for another run :P.

I don't understand how people can say Semin and Doan wouldn't help... Last year, the wings were a top 10 offense. Holland has already upgraded the offense by adding Samuelsson, TooToo, and Brunner. Basically, a bigger version of last years already good team. If we were able to add Semin, it would add another dimension to the offense. In my opinion it is a no brainer, especially if we get him a relatively good cap hit. Doan would take it to another level, potentially giving us the best offense in the League. Parise isn't worth his contract, and Semin is equally as good, if not better. Offensively, we can still be a juggernaut if we get Semin or Semin and Doan.

Obviously, the big question is on Defense.

I don't understand how people can say Semin and Doan wouldn't help... Last year, the wings were a top 10 offense. Holland has already upgraded the offense by adding Samuelsson, TooToo, and Brunner. Basically, a bigger version of last years already good team. If we were able to add Semin, it would add another dimension to the offense. In my opinion it is a no brainer, especially if we get him a relatively good cap hit. Doan would take it to another level, potentially giving us the best offense in the League. Parise isn't worth his contract, and Semin is equally as good, if not better. Offensively, we can still be a juggernaut if we get Semin or Semin and Doan.

Obviously, the big question is on Defense.

Parise may be overpaid but he is one heck of a player, all around everything a guy like Semin couldn't even dream off and yet people are willing to pay him big money?

Let me tell you why I think, these guys won't help in the long run:

Simple look at the UFA pool next year and tell me you wouldn't throw crazy contracts at Weber and Getzlaf? These two would set us as contenders for another decade, Semin and Doan will maybe help us getting into the playoffs but we will get our asses handed to us by the Hawks, Vancouver, Los Angeles or Nashville and we wouldn't have enough money to sign both superstars.

Adding to what others have said: Sign him up and ship him out if it doesn't work. Obviously there's nothing we can do on the backend, so concentrate on offense, Puck possession in the offensive zone, and grinding hockey in our own. Hell, even if everything said about him is true - he's still at least 60 points, quick, another target for oppositions shutdown pairing, and hard to take the Puck from.

i gotta think datsyuk would be the one guy who could change semin and make him more focused anddd i gotta think semin knows people are saying hes done and hes too much of a risk and would wanna prove people wrong

we got the money so why not take the chance and put semin with datsyuk if it fails im sure we can find one team that will take him

hes worth the risk at this point , and hopefully shane doan gives detroit a chance and we'd be set upfront just have to make a few moves for a defensemen

Guest Crymson

Parise may be overpaid but he is one heck of a player, all around everything a guy like Semin couldn't even dream off and yet people are willing to pay him big money?

Semin has the ability to be an excellent player, perhaps even better than Parise. His amount of sheer talent is huge, and he is capable of very solid two-way play. What has been at issue is his willingness to work hard on every shift.