• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JoePuckster

New Commissioner?

Rate this topic

6.1 Office of Commissioner, Election and Term of Office The League shall employ a Commissioner selected by the Board of Governors. The Commissioner shall serve as the Chief Executive Officer of the League and is charged with protecting the integrity of the game of professional hockey and preserving public confidence in the League. The Board of Governors shall determine the term of office and compensation of the Commissioner. The Commissioner shall be elected a majority of the Governors present and voting at a League meeting at which a quorum was present when it was convened

Yzerman would be a great commissioner. Just saying. I wish Lids didn't go back to Sweden, cause he would too. As would Gretzky or even Messier. Don Cherry....as much as I love the guy, I don't think that he'd be what the game needs. A little too much old time hockey. This is from a guy who outright yells at people when they make a single sound while Coach's Corner is on. s*** get's ugly.

Either way, I think that it should be someone who has actually played or at least coached in the NHL.

This is brought up a lot when it comes to replacing old Bettman. Being commissioner entails more than ust giving awkward stuttering interviews and handing over the cup to a new team each summer. It's a high demand position requiring an educational background in law and labor relations. I don't think any former player except maybe Ken Dryden could make a crack at it.

You guys give him way too much credit. He is just an annoying talking head.

Who started this s***? It won't die, no matter what hockey forum I seem to look at.

In extremely and overly simplistic terms, think of a sports commissioner as similar to a Chairman of the Board, and the Board of Governors (owners) as a Board of Directors, minus the influence of shareholders.

Now, I don't think that many view Chairmen of large corporations as "talking heads". They have a lot of influence in guiding an organization. Why does Bettman get re-branded as nothing more than a spokesman for the Board of Governors?

Don Cherry, Messier, Lidas, Yzerman, The Great One, George Parros after this career just to name a few.

6.1 Office of Commissioner, Election and Term of Office The League shall employ a Commissioner selected by the Board of Governors. The Commissioner shall serve as the Chief Executive Officer of the League and is charged with protecting the integrity of the game of professional hockey and preserving public confidence in the League. The Board of Governors shall determine the term of office and compensation of the Commissioner. The Commissioner shall be elected a majority of the Governors present and voting at a League meeting at which a quorum was present when it was convened

Guy failed at the cursive part this should not be enough reason, to can his ass once and for all. He is bad for the game, doesn't respect its integrity nor its employees.

I really love how Vancouver and we boo'ed the crap out of him during the Stanley Cup celebrations.

This is brought up a lot when it comes to replacing old Bettman. Being commissioner entails more than ust giving awkward stuttering interviews and handing over the cup to a new team each summer. It's a high demand position requiring an educational background in law and labor relations. I don't think any former player except maybe Ken Dryden could make a crack at it.

post-17908-0-47639600-1345630888_thumb.jpg Edited by BigWillieStyle

Messier or Shanny are good shouts. Don't think Shanny would be offered it though, just something about him doesn't seem to fit as commish to me but Messier is pretty much perfect for it. As ogreslayer said though, it'll be that dude in the suit...

Thing is it only has to involve law and labour relations in terms of hockey. Any career player and coach/gm/league official could do it as they've lived it. Plus there will be advisors for that stuff. I think it'll be good to have a commish who can provide a much needed link between hockey talent (players, coaches, etc), and hockey businessmen. Think how much smoother negotiations with the NHLPA would be if a former player was commish?

Don Cherry, Messier, Lidas, Yzerman, The Great One, George Parros after this career just to name a few.

Guy failed at the cursive part this should not be enough reason, to can his ass once and for all. He is bad for the game, doesn't respect its integrity nor its employees.

I really love how Vancouver and we boo'ed the crap out of him during the Stanley Cup celebrations.

I think LA is the only recent time I remember him not getting his normal boo's during the receiving of the cup. Basically everyone just hates the jackoff.