• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kipwinger

O'Reilly Trade Rumor

Rate this topic

Just ask yourself if youd give up Helm for him. If not, then hes nothing to get super excitex about anyway.

I wouldn't trade helm any single player in the league, not stamkos, ovechkin, toews, yandle, bouwmeester, suter, chara, or anyone else. That's just me though, I love having helm on our team, goal scorer or not he is our best player most nights, and a lot of teams would trade a lot to get him (obviously not the players i mentioned)

Not really, considering Flip could possibly be gone this summer, and Pav possibly the next. Jarnkrok looks like our only potential top 6 center among our prospects. He'd be a nice insurance policy, or even allow us three scoring lines.

That said, I doubt the Avs would deal with us. Not sure that our prospects would be enough either.

I agree with you about Flip and Pavs, and O'Reilly would definitely ensure that a transition after Pav would be a little smoother. So I'm obviously not against it, especially if he can be had for what's supposedly being asked. Truth is, I have no idea if they would trade with us or not, but as I've already said, considering we've got 3 of the top 30 AHL prospect, and the 2nd highest AHL scorer who wasn't playing regularly in the NHL last season, I'd say we've got a shot. Check out the rankings...

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay.php?first=0&type=top_scorers&subType=0&season_id=40&leagueId=4&division_id=-1&confId=0

whoops left out cleary oh well f*** him

HAHAHA, this made me laugh so hard. I just imagine Babcock saying that. Oops, left cleary off the lineup tonight... f*** it, just turn it in.

HAHAHA, this made me laugh so hard. I just imagine Babcock saying that. Oops, left cleary off the lineup tonight... f*** it, just turn it in.

Pre-game interview

"so babcock, why did you leave cleary out of the lineup tonight?"

"well we need to get the lines rollin, and I wanted to try mixing things up, don't get me wrong cleary is a great guy, thats why we gave him the pom poms tonight to cheer on the people who can scate, pass, forecheck, backcheck, and most of all score"

Wow. I don't understand some on here. Let's think with our heads and not our hearts for a minute. Ryan O is a 21 year old C, 6-0/200 that has played 3 full seasons in the NHL. Got better each year and had 55 points last year. He is at least a #2 C and could be a #1. he is developing into a 80+ point per season guy. He is an upgrade over Filppula who is a UFA this summer. At worst he would be the 3rd best forward on our team. Maybe the best on our team in a year or 2. This is a guy that can play for another 12 years.

That being said, any F that they want and a 2nd round pick, DONE! No expections. this is a future cornerstone type of a player.

Will it happen? Nah, makes way way to much sense.

If this was true, id make this trade all day every day. I'd do Nyquist, 1st for O'Reilly any day - I'd do any forward not named Z or Dats + 1st even. This guy is a cornerstone guy who would be huge for us for a long time. Image a future long term centre depth being Jarnkrok, O'Reilly, Sheahan, Helm, Abdelkader with Z and Dats playing out their days on the wings...

I'd personally rather the Wings don't trade Nyquist. I do think that there are plenty of other prospects that could make such a deal happen.

Either way, if such a trade were possible I would slide O'Reilly into the number 2C spot right away. Imagine either Datsyuk or Zetterberg playing the Wing and not having to be so defensively minded all the time. They're offence could flourish and not only that, if an injury were to happen they slide right back to centre.

Some are really really over estimating Nyquist. he is not a future NHL star. Points in the AHL? Please. helm, emmerton, mursak, Abby, etc..... used to score in the AHL as well. There is no connection. At best nyquist is a 40 point a year guy in the NHL. heck, O'reilly who is YOUNGER than Nyquist is already producing more than Nyquist ever will. Before someone throws out tatar, he is deeper on the depth chart with less talent than Nyquist.

Some are really really over estimating Nyquist. he is not a future NHL star. Points in the AHL? Please. helm, emmerton, mursak, Abby, etc..... used to score in the AHL as well. There is no connection. At best nyquist is a 40 point a year guy in the NHL. heck, O'reilly who is YOUNGER than Nyquist is already producing more than Nyquist ever will. Before someone throws out tatar, he is deeper on the depth chart with less talent than Nyquist.

I love how you speak with such certainty. If you watch the Griffs games you can see how Nyquist controls and thinks the game. Comparing Helms AHL career .55 PPG with Nyquist being a point per game player is irrational. All of Helm, Emmerton, Mursak, and Abdelkader were no where close to point per game guys in the AHL.

I'm not disagreeing that some posters on this forum, in my opinion, are overvaluing Nyquist. But even the worst offenders are on par with how much you are undervaluing him.

What? Nyquist only plays 12 minutes a game, he's got 7 points in his first 19 games. Datsyuk only had 5 in his first 19. And Zetterberg only 8 in his first 19. I guess they would have been trade bait for a 50 point guy too.

I'm not against the trade, but don't undervalue Nyquist, he's done nothing to hurt his value.

Exactly. Trade Tatar and a 2nd.

Part of me wonders how accurate this rumor is. In my mind, this is just hopeful speculation from a writer working out of a city that badly needs a #1/#2 center now that Spezza's out for most of the year.

+ Brian Murray likes to trade pro-actively. Kenny? Not so much. Detroit loses this bidding war 9 times out of 10.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to make this deal. But I'm thinking Holland hangs on to all assets in hopes of landing a D-man.

Part of me wonders how accurate this rumor is. In my mind, this is just hopeful speculation from a writer working out of a city that badly needs a #1/#2 center now that Spezza's out for most of the year.

+ Brian Murray likes to trade pro-actively. Kenny? Not so much. Detroit loses this bidding war 9 times out of 10.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to make this deal. But I'm thinking Holland hangs on to all assets in hopes of landing a D-man.

trade nyquist and a 2nd rounder for him, then sign him, then trade him for a good dman. problem solved, holland take notes

From THN:

News

Although Ryan O'Reilly's agents and the Avalanche talked recently, neither side is reportedly willing to move from their current positions.

Denver Post

Impact

So with 10 Avalanche games already in the books, O'Reilly might not even be close to re-signing. The question now is if a team would be willing to sign the restricted free agent to an offer sheet. The problem is that paying O'Reilly roughly what he wants - reportedly about $5 million per season - would cost the signing team at least a first and third round pick, assuming Colorado doesn't match the offer. That's a lot for O'Reilly, who is still a gamble given that he's only had one breakout season. Still, he's also young with plenty of untapped upside.

A team might ultimately decide that the risk is worth the potential reward.

Really? So, he's up to wanting $5 million/season??

...and the first option for a team with interest is to try to sign him to an offer sheet? :g: Riiiiigggghhhht.

Sounds like someone wants Colorado and O'Reilly to work this out because if you're going to float an offer sheet his way you have to go big.

If you try and lowball an offer and get away with just second rounder compensation... $3.364/yr average or under, Colorado is going to thank you kindly and match that offer.

I don't know what it is about offer sheets and the media, but seriously... if you have ANY serious interest at all in making O'Reilly a member of your club.... you're trading for his rights with something reasonable, not offering up an win/win for Colorado.

From THN:

Really? So, he's up to wanting $5 million/season??

...and the first option for a team with interest is to try to sign him to an offer sheet? :g: Riiiiigggghhhht.

Sounds like someone wants Colorado and O'Reilly to work this out because if you're going to float an offer sheet his way you have to go big.

If you try and lowball an offer and get away with just second rounder compensation... $3.364/yr average or under, Colorado is going to thank you kindly and match that offer.

I don't know what it is about offer sheets and the media, but seriously... if you have ANY serious interest at all in making O'Reilly a member of your club.... you're trading for his rights with something reasonable, not offering up an win/win for Colorado.

O'Reilly has to agree to the offer sheet. If he wants's $5mill a season, then he certainly isn't going to sign a $3.364/yr offer sheet. If this drags out long enough, I'm seure an offer sheet is not out of the question. But it will be for the money he wants, and Colorado I'm sure will certainly match. For $5mil/yr the compensatio would be a 1st and a 3rd. For a playoff team, that's not really an awful price for a top 6 forward. Again however, if an offer sheet goes to O'Reilly it would have to be outrageous for Colorado to not match.

O'Reilly has to agree to the offer sheet. If he wants's $5mill a season, then he certainly isn't going to sign a $3.364/yr offer sheet. If this drags out long enough, I'm seure an offer sheet is not out of the question. But it will be for the money he wants, and Colorado I'm sure will certainly match. For $5mil/yr the compensatio would be a 1st and a 3rd. For a playoff team, that's not really an awful price for a top 6 forward. Again however, if an offer sheet goes to O'Reilly it would have to be outrageous for Colorado to not match.

Oh yes, I understand all that. If the sides are as deadlocked as they seemingly are, an offersheet is just what O'Reilly or the 'lanche may be looking for. Someone else to force their hand into making a deal. Which is why I find the idea of an offer sheet for O'Reilly to be amusing.

If you're truly interested in him on your roster, you don't offersheet him. You pry his rights from Avalanche for a younger roster player and/or a decent prospect and/or a 2nd or 3rd round pick. (Depending on how you value him)

Then you offer O'Reilly a serious wake up call of a deal.

He's turned down both deals the Avalanche have offered:

2 years at $7million (3.5 cap hit) and 5 years at $17million (3.4 cap hit.)

He wants 5 years/ $25million

I don't think O'Reilly is worth $5 million/year. It's a shame that Colorado signed David Jones to $4/yr -- he's healthier than Jones... and yeah, he was only drafted 30 spots lower than Duchene in the same draft, but he's no Matt Duchene.

(Who will be looking for a new contract very soon) EDIT: I thought Duchene's contract was up this year.

If he's looking around the league at other contracts... Well, he's no Jamie Benn either, which is what he think's he's worth.

He's gotta look at the bridge deals that Del Zotto and Subban got and seriously understand that with the new CBA and lower cap next year it is going to ensure that sane GMs don't overspend on solid, but yet unproven talent.

Take that bridge contract and play your guts out for that next contract.

Edited by e_prime

Things maybe heating up, and many believe he is going to be moved.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nhl/articles/should_the_rangers_trade_for_ryan_oreilly/12906829

nyquist, tatar, and mccollum right now today.

I love how some people here can assume that another GM will take our scraps for a proven commodity. These imbalanced trade propositions aren't going to fly.

All talk I've seen thus far concerning a possible trade for O'Reilly are with teams in the East.

As far as the asking price goes, the Avalanche are looking for a young roster player and top prospect.

The Avalanche wouldn't trade with us in the first place, but I'm not going to say that Tatar and Nyquist don't meet the prerequisites of a posible deal. (Tatar is on the ice for us, and most people think Nyquist should be, or would be if he were playing elsewhere)

Proven commodity (I don't necessarily agree that he's "proven") or not, the Avalanche have already reached an inpasse with O'Reilly and they have pretty much reached the point of no return when it comes to getting him signed and back on the ice. So, while I'm not saying they should be taking "scraps" for the guy... they gotta start thinking about getting something for him.

I'd love for this deal to go down, but I just don't think it will. All talk I've heard concerns teams in the East, and Ottawa and Toronto will go HARD after O'Reilly and have more attractive prospects, most likely. That being said, some of the deals I've seen presented:

Either Franzen or Filpulla - The Avs want youth, and Franzen doesn't fit the bill. Injury-prone and inconsistent, too. Filpulla would be an attractive piece, but I'd rather keep him. He and O'Reilly are very similar and losing one for the other would be a wash, most likely.

Nyquist and a first - A steep price for a guy who's relatively unproven and wants around 5 mil. a year. Considering this is a very deep draft, picks are very valuable in most rounds. Not to mention Nyquist hasn't really had a chance to earn his salt in the big leagues. Avs might do it if this is the best offer. Probably won't be, though.

Tatar and a second - Not even close to enough to get the Avs to move a player with #1-center potential. Doesn't fit their demands.

Adding Andersson - Decent, but not overwhelming player. Avs probably don't want a checker for a top offensive talent.

Adding Sheahan - DUI incident hurts his trade value. Won't be a cornerstone of any deal.

Adding Emmerton - A fourth line center for a first-line center? I think not.

Adding Miller - Again, the Avs don't want spare parts for one of their best players. Would not get the job done alone.

My guess? He goes to either Toronto or Ottawa. Greatest need combined with excellent prospect pools to deal from. Our talent is at enough of a premium as it is. We need a solid, top-line, two-way D-man who can run the power play, and another scorer to provide more on the PP. O'Reilly only satisfies one of those. No need to sell the farm for him, which is what it will require.

Edited by DetroitRedWings1993

I'd love for this deal to go down, but I just don't think it will. All talk I've heard concerns teams in the East, and Ottawa and Toronto will go HARD after O'Reilly and have more attractive prospects, most likely. That being said, some of the deals I've seen presented:

Either Franzen or Filpulla - The Avs want youth, and Franzen doesn't fit the bill. Injury-prone and inconsistent, too. Filpulla would be an attrcative piece, but I'd rather keep him. He and O'Reilly are very similar and losing one for the other would be a wash, most likely.

Nyquist and a first - A steep price for a guy who's relatively unproven and wants around 5 mil. a year. Considering this is a very deep draft, picks are very valuable in most rounds. Not to mention Nyquist hasn't really had a chance to earn his salt in the big leagues. Avs might do it if this the best offer. Probably won't be, though.

Tatar and a second - Not even close to enough to get the Avs to move a player with #1-center potential. Doesn't fit their demands.

Adding Andersson - Decent, but not overwhelming player. Avs probably don't want a checker for an offensive force.

Adding Sheahan - DUI incident hurts his trade value. Won't be a cornerstone of any deal.

Adding Emmerton - A fourth line center for a top-line talent? I think not.

Adding Miller - Again, the Avs don't want spare parts for one of their best players. Would not get the job done alone.

My guess? He goes to either Toronto or Ottawa. Greatest need combined with excellent prospect pools to deal from. Our talent is at enough of a premium as it is. We need a solid, top-line, two-way D-man who can run the power play, and another scorer to provide more on the PP. O'Reilly only satisfies one of those. No need to sell the farm for him, which is what it will require.

This!

Also, you have to consider that he is still unsigned. He wants $5 million a season and I don't think he is worth that much for someone who has had one great season. PK Subban wanted the big money and settled for less when his team was doing well without him. OReilly has the leverage of his team being in last place in the Western Conference. So even if the Wings traded away Flip and Nyquist to get him, they would still need to sign him which I know Holland isn't going to do at $5 million a season.

This!

Also, you have to consider that he is still unsigned. He wants $5 million a season and I don't think he is worth that much for someone who has had one great season. PK Subban wanted the big money and settled for less when his team was doing well without him. OReilly has the leverage of his team being in last place in the Western Conference. So even if the Wings traded away Flip and Nyquist to get him, they would still need to sign him which I know Holland isn't going to do at $5 million a season.

Re-signing him may not be that big a deal, as we have money coming off the books after this year. However, some of that money belongs to Fil and Howie, and I think both guys should be re-signed. Acquiring O'Reilly, keeping Fil, and then subsequently losing Fil in the offseason doesn't make sense. May as well have traded Fil to get O'Reilly.

O'Reilly's not a rental. If we get him, he's in for the long haul. Iginla is more of a rental-type acquisition. Re-signing him at his current price would be very tough to do considering our free agent situation.

Edited by DetroitRedWings1993

Re-signing him may not be that big a deal, as we have money coming off the books after this year. However, some of that money belongs to Fil and Howie, and I think both guys should be re-signed. Acquiring O'Reilly, keeping Fil, and then subsequently losing Fil in the offseason doesn't make sense. May as well have traded Fil to get O'Reilly.

O'Reilly's not a rental. If we get him, he's in for the long haul. Iginla is more of a rental-type acquisition. Re-signing him at his current price would be very tough to do considering our free agent situation.

I agree, I just don't see O'Reilly worth $5 million a season for a single great year. Consistency is everything. I just don't see it from this kid.