• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest The Axe

Howard = Average

Rate this topic

Later Jimmy, thanks for the effort. I figure with all the younger, better free agent goalies available right now, his NHL career is probably over. Unless he wants to play for dirt cheap. His record last season was horrific.

13 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Later Jimmy, thanks for the effort. I figure with all the younger, better free agent goalies available right now, his NHL career is probably over. Unless he wants to play for dirt cheap. His record last season was horrific.

He's not getting a job anywhere else in the NHL. Wings were really his only option.

19 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

He's not getting a job anywhere else in the NHL. Wings were really his only option.

He may get a PTO from a team looking for a backup, but retiring probably is his best bet at this point.

3 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

The third most winningest Red Wing goalie of all time wants to coach and all u scummy villains can do is fat shame him.

There's an opening with Dan Bylsma gone and it sounds like Jimmy has a passion for coaching and more to give. Yzerman owes him one.

And now for your Jimmy Howard POWER PLAY

19 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Would he be worth the 23OA? 

I know he was a highly regarded prospect a few years ago, but I don't think he's lived up to the hype since then. He's 25, and his numbers overall are pretty unspectacular. I don't think I'd give up 23rd overall. Maybe one of our two 2nd rounders, but even then, there may be better options available...

I still say we try to pry Alnefelt out of Tampa by taking on the remaining three years of Johnson...

54 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

NYR is apparently shopping Georgiev for a 1st. Maybe we can steal for a high 2nd?

I wondered why/how Shesterkin leaped by Georgiev - both have similar numbers, but from what little I've seen of the Rags this past season they favor Shesterkin.

Just seems a bit odd since Georgiev appeared to be the heir apparent after King Henrik.

11 hours ago, F.Michael said:

I wondered why/how Shesterkin leaped by Georgiev - both have similar numbers, but from what little I've seen of the Rags this past season they favor Shesterkin.

Just seems a bit odd since Georgiev appeared to be the heir apparent after King Henrik.

Yeah, I have no idea on that one either. But it's a nice problem to have if your the Rags.