• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#1 esmeralda575

esmeralda575

Please trade..CLEARY.. for a bola popcorn

• Restricted
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

Please call ..Fedorov.. and ask 6 new russian players....come on....

,, Please trade ,,CLEARY,, for a bola popcorn.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

What are you trying to say?

#3 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

Dear Ken Holland,

Please do...anything?  It should be pretty clear by this time that mediocre players with "heart" do not trump high end players with skill.  Please understand that these guys don't grow on trees, so you're actually going to have to pay for them.  I know that's a hard pill to swallow.  I saw today that you don't want to trade for depth pieces, and apparently you're against moving your first rounder as well, so I'm not really sure how you plan to get the top four defenseman and top six forward you're pining for.  Anyway, I've been told you're a genius so I'm sure you'll figure something out. 

Sincerely and Respectfully,

Kip

p.s. Pav, Hank, Kronwall, and Franzen aren't getting any younger, just in case you forgot. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#4 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

Mr. Holland please cut cleary, Samuelson, miller, and white. Play Tatar, nyquist, an dekeyser. And for the love of god bring in someone who can actually score a goal!

Edited by Flipper51, 31 March 2013 - 02:24 PM.

#5 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

It should be pretty clear by this time that mediocre players with "heart" do not trump high end players with skill.

Actually, we have too many mediocre players without heart.

#6 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

Mr.Holland isn't sure to make any move  at the trade deadline...hopefully this pathetic performance will open his eyes

#7 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

Mr. Holland please cut cleary, Samuelson, miller, and white. Play Tatar, nyquist, an dekeyser. And for the love of god bring in someone who can actually score a goal!

Sure thing, but remember that Kenny said today that he didn't want to move his first round pick, so whoever he brings in is going to be a Samuelsson-esque "goal scorer" who can be had for peanuts.  Which is sort of Kenny's MO these days. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#8 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

Sometimes teams have bad games. Did Vancouver suck for losing 8-3? Did Anaheim suck for losing 5-1?

Yeah, didn't think so.

#9 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

Actually, we have too many mediocre players without heart.

I disagree, I think Abby, Miller, Eaves, Emmy, and even Cleary all bust their asses.  Unfortunately, they're all expected to fulfill roles on this team that their skill sets don't allow for.  Cleary should be a third line winger, Abby a fourth line center, Miller and Eaves fourth line wingers, and Emmy as the 13 forward.  Relying on anything more than that is going to get exposed pretty badly against teams with actual depth. 

Sometimes teams have bad games. Did Vancouver suck for losing 8-3? Did Anaheim suck for losing 5-1?

Yeah, didn't think so.

We don't suck, but it's clear we don't have the personnel to compete against high end teams.  I hope that gets remedied, but who knows. 

#10 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

Sure thing, but remember that Kenny said today that he didn't want to move his first round pick, so whoever he brings in is going to be a Samuelsson-esque "goal scorer" who can be had for peanuts.  Which is sort of Kenny's MO these days. 

Oh in no way do I think we will get a scorer. We will probably do nothing and say helm, Sammy, Bert are our deadline deals. To be honest I'd just be happy with nyquist and Tatar in the everyday lineup playing offensive roles

#11 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

I will certainly allow that Danny Cleary is no longer an NHL-caliber player.

#12 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

I disagree, I think Abby, Miller, Eaves, Emmy, and even Cleary all bust their asses.  Unfortunately, they're all expected to fulfill roles on this team that their skill sets don't allow for.  Cleary should be a third line winger, Abby a fourth line center, Miller and Eaves fourth line wingers, and Emmy as the 13 forward.  Relying on anything more than that is going to get exposed pretty badly against teams with actual depth. 

This is exactly correct. This is also why I don't really get mad at these players. It's not there fault that there being put into positions they simply just can't fill.

This is directly holland and babcocks fault. Why was Samuelson brought in? Tatar and nyquist can both fill that role better, cheaper, and will also grow because they are young. Also that 3M cap hit is saved an can be stalked up to bring in a shooter to play with pavel.

Babcock is to fault too. He's in love with guys like cleary, Sammy, miller, etc. guys like nyquist and Tatar are brought up and stuck on the bottom lines??? These are offensive guys throw them into the top six and I guarantee with a little time they will produce like top 6 players

#13 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

We had a bad game against possibly the Stanley Cup champions this year. It all changes with a win tomorrow, geeze guys we just have to get into the playoffs and go from there. If we get knocked out in 1st or 2nd fine, try to fix team in the offseason, I don't want to make a trade if it means giving up future, that's why we are in this position, gave up too many 1st rounders and young players over the years cuz  we thought it would make us a stanley cup champion by getting name player at the trade deadline, and  alot of times it was a 1st or 2nd round playoff loss. I do hope that we use Amnesty on Sammy though. We will be fine.

#14 esmeralda575

esmeralda575

Please trade..CLEARY.. for a bola popcorn

• Restricted
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

We no have like  : Malkin, Kovalcsuk, Oveckin, Markov, Tarasenko, Ganyelcsuk,... WHY ??????

,, Please trade ,,CLEARY,, for a bola popcorn.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#15 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

Cleary is too slow for the NHL.

#16 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

We no have like  : Malkin, Kovalcsuk, Oveckin, Markov, Tarasenko, Ganyelcsuk,... WHY ??????

Because the Wings didn't tank it for a decade like all of the teams who employee these guys? Instead, they have Datsyuk and Zetterberg who were sixth and seventh round picks and are arguably better than everyone on this list.

#17 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

Trade away a bunch of our 3rd/4th liners for picks and draft Pulock in the 1st round.  That's all I ask for.  Don't much care about anything else but getting Pulock and having room for him, Sproul, Ouellet and Dekeyser in 2 years.  If Kenny trades for anyone at the deadling, I hope it's to send Flip to the Rangers in a package deal for Gaborik, while not trading ANY of this years draft picks away.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#18 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

For the same reason you've seen so much success over the past 20 years: the Wings have never sucked enough to get top-five draft picks.

Does that answer your question?

#19 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

This is exactly correct. This is also why I don't really get mad at these players. It's not there fault that there being put into positions they simply just can't fill.

This is directly holland and babcocks fault. Why was Samuelson brought in? Tatar and nyquist can both fill that role better, cheaper, and will also grow because they are young. Also that 3M cap hit is saved an can be stalked up to bring in a shooter to play with pavel.

Babcock is to fault too. He's in love with guys like cleary, Sammy, miller, etc. guys like nyquist and Tatar are brought up and stuck on the bottom lines??? These are offensive guys throw them into the top six and I guarantee with a little time they will produce like top 6 players

We have far too many guys pulling the piano and not enough guys who can play 'em.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#20 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

Trade away a bunch of our 3rd/4th liners for picks and draft Pulock in the 1st round.  That's all I ask for.  Don't much care about anything else but getting Pulock and having room for him, Sproul, Ouellet and Dekeyser in 2 years.  If Kenny trades for anyone at the deadling, I hope it's to send Flip to the Rangers in a package deal for Gaborik, while not trading ANY of this years draft picks away.

Pulock is projected to go in the top eight. It would take a whole lot of trading up in order to get there.

As for getting Gaborik without giving up a 1st... yeah, not happening.