717 replies to this topic

#21 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

Sadly nothing about Miller so far.

Agreed that its sad. Not because I want him here but because I think he's wasting his career in buffalo.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#22 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

per LeBrun's twitter

Quote:
Told the Dallas Stars have decided to trade Jaromir Jagr. My sense is Boston leads the list of front-runners

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#23 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

per LeBrun's twitter

Quote:
Told the Dallas Stars have decided to trade Jaromir Jagr. My sense is Boston leads the list of front-runners

@DarrenDreger: Detroit was believed to be a strong contender for Jagr last night. Asking price too much? Bruins now a frontrunner. #tradecentre

YIKES! So much for no rentals

Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#24 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

@DarrenDreger: Detroit was believed to be a strong contender for Jagr last night. Asking price too much? Bruins now a frontrunner. #tradecentre

YIKES! So much for no rentals

My thoughts exactly. Why does Kenny lie to us?

I don't know how I would feel about that. He would probably be an upgrade over anything "scorer" we have right now, but his age has scared me for a while (even though he has proved me wrong).

http://www.fannation...ef=twitter_feed

If Vanek is indeed available, Kenny HAS to make that happen.

A scorer with size: just what the doctor ordered.

#25 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

Agreed that its sad. Not because I want him here but because I think he's wasting his career in buffalo.

Ya, he should go to Toronto or something. We definitely do not need Miller, with Howard playing like a boss, and M-Raz a few short years away from being able to take the reigns our goalie situation is pretty good, much deeper then most

#26 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

Wings were in it on Bouwmeester but not willing to move a 1st-rd pick in the package. Which frankly, for Detroit, was right call

Good to see that Kenny isn't going to give up that 1st round pick so easily.  With such a deep draft this coming offseason, I'd be surprised to see the Wings make many trades involving draft picks.

#27 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

Good to see that Kenny isn't going to give up that 1st round pick so easily.  With such a deep draft this coming offseason, I'd be surprised to see the Wings make many trades involving draft picks.

I would give up the 1st round pick if it landed us Vanek. Maybe Gaborik.

No one else.

#28 Richdg

Richdg

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

Our D and G positions are fine long term. yes youth makes mistakes. That is part of the growing process. I am fine with that. If we can add 2 RHed shots along the way, great. But other than that, no issues with the D long term. Forwards are the issue and have been. We still control the pcuk most of the time in most games. no one is putting it into the net on a regular basis. No one is crashing the boards and pounding the other teams D. No one is setting up in front of the other team G and being a pain in the a$$. Those are the issues, most of us have seen this for a couple of years. More size, toughness, and sniping is needed. We have play makers and checkers. if we can somehow find 2 big scoring forwards, this is a very different team. But size alone solves nothing. Do the guys in question use their size? Franzen and Sammy are perfect examples of bigger guys that don't play that way. We don't need more guys like them. We need guys like Bert when he was 27-32. 25+ goals, 150 PIM, and mobile.

#29 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

Our D and G positions are fine long term. yes youth makes mistakes. That is part of the growing process. I am fine with that. If we can add 2 RHed shots along the way, great. But other than that, no issues with the D long term. Forwards are the issue and have been. We still control the pcuk most of the time in most games. no one is putting it into the net on a regular basis. No one is crashing the boards and pounding the other teams D. No one is setting up in front of the other team G and being a pain in the a$$. Those are the issues, most of us have seen this for a couple of years. More size, toughness, and sniping is needed. We have play makers and checkers. if we can somehow find 2 big scoring forwards, this is a very different team. But size alone solves nothing. Do the guys in question use their size? Franzen and Sammy are perfect examples of bigger guys that don't play that way. We don't need more guys like them. We need guys like Bert when he was 27-32. 25+ goals, 150 PIM, and mobile.

Lol, think of a 2 on 1 with Zetterberg and Filppula. 90% chance they don't give a shot off.

Pipe dream: Add Jagr for a mid-round pick and add Vanek/Gaborik for Fil+1st+something else.

#30 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

Roy going to Vancouver per kypreos on sportsnet

Edited by Flipper51, 02 April 2013 - 11:27 AM.

#31 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

Roy going to Vancouver per kypreos on sportsnet

2nd rounder for him they are desperate after 2 straight debocles

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#32 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

2nd rounder for him they are desperate after 2 straight debocles

and I am hoping like hell it soon becomes 3 straight debocles!

Posted Image

#33 red and white forever

red and white forever

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

I have this feeling that Kindl is gonna be moved, a lot of teams under estimated his offense ability until that sweet backhand roof job he did on Howie the other night!

#34 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

Edited by vladdy16, 02 April 2013 - 12:06 PM.
Confirmed

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#35 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

Mike Heika ‏@MikeHeika

Jaromir Jagr to Boston. I'm hearing two prospects and a draft pick.

#36 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

Welp, teams around us sure are getting better.

#37 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

Welp, teams around us sure are getting better.

Another move that I don't mind Holland not making. Can't help but wonder what his contract demands are if Dallas couldn't come to terms and the Wings simply don't need a rental or a 42 year-old winger potentially eating up a bunch of cap space. Jagr could have been a nice addition, but if Holland decided the Stars wanted too much (2 prospects and a pick?), then I'm okay with holding onto those assets for better moves.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#38 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

I'd be interested in picking up Pominville. Past that there's not a lot out there being dangled I'd want to give up too much for. He could add some pop to the right side and when and if everyone is healthy it'll keep guys hopping to get in the lineup. I agree with Holland that they have plenty of depth on defense, enough for whatever playoff run may happen. 

That being said I'd almost stand pat with this roster and this farm system. Things are going to open up BIG TIME this offseason with the allowed buyouts. Perhaps more teams from the west with players who would fit would be more likely to trade with the Wings when they have gone east. 

I love my Red Wings and it is because of this I'll give them a reset on this abortion of a 48 game season if they lose in the first round or even miss the playoffs. The heavy lifting where this franchise will be built starts in July.

Not just that, but when teams have to re-sign their guys and shed salary at the same time, the Wings will be one of few teams that have cap space to get other teams good players.  Also a big reason why I want the Wings to trade Flip, Quincey and White for picks.  Open up roster spots and free up cash to make a decent signing or trade in the offseason.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#39 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

I'm not worried unless we read

Marian Gaborik to some already stacked team for Used towels and half eaten pretzels. 

or

Thomas Vanek traded to a different already stacked team for players that will never play in the NHL and Sidney Crosby's new gold grill.

#40 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

All these guys are not guys I would consider adding to this Red Wing's team. I think the Wings are good enough to make the playoffs and see what happens. Then let this young D grow for another year, maybe make a deal for depth next year. Now this all can change by adding a Gaborik or a an Erickson.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!