• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECQF - (8) NY Islanders vs. (1) Penguins

Rate this topic

This is the only series this year that I expect to be a sweep. Islanders just have no chance. They're outclassed at every position. The only position Pittsburgh might be weak is with Fleury who seems to be unpredictable with his goaltending.

It is still unclear if Crosby will be ready for Game 1, but if he is, the Pens' #2 line would be Iginla - Malkin - Neal. That line (on paper) is probably one of the best in the league and it's the Pens #2 line. That's scary....but still, it's just on paper. Will everyone mesh well when everyone gets in the line up?

I don't think that's really a big ? for them though. If they lose, it will be because of their PK and goaltending. It's funny, Fluery is an incredible talent. He's a former #1 overall draft pick and you can see why, but he also has incredible bouts of inconsistency. Vokoun is a pretty good backup though.

Islanders in 6.....book it.

We know all too well, just because you destroy the regular season and laden your team with stars, doesn't mean jack wagon...

I would say the same thing about the Hawks in the 1st round, but I would rather see the Wild take a dump...

Guest irishock

This s***'s going the distance. Tavares will go HAM on Fleury and Nabokov will play out of his mind. We also don't know how healthy Cindy's going to be, and if he'll even play the full series.

NY should send out the goons Carker and Martin to end Crosby like Old Yeller.

Lest we forget, there is a little recent history at work here....the Isles might make it interesting...

For the record, this game ended NYI 9 PIT 3

You aren't seeing a mirage. NINE GOALS FOR THE ISLANDERS.

Let's Go Islanders! Clap Clap...clap clap clap...

Far fetched scenario, but wouldn't a Detroit v. Isle Cup Final be nice? I sure want to see someone new win it this year if Detroit cannot do it...nobody from the West, but any of the East teams not named Pittsburgh or Boston or Rangers would be fine with me winning if Detroit doesn't make it...and as long as its NOT at Detroit's expense...

Edited by LeftWinger

I was browsing nhl, and I read the headline "Can't miss: Letang lays Big Hit on Tavares"

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that blatant interference? Tavares was just skating after a dump in with Letang was ahead of him. Letang puts on the brakes, and throws his back/ shoulder into Tavares. I don't understand how that isn't a penalty. Let alone being heralded as a great hit...

Link:
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=244413&navid=nhl:topheads

I dunno, I see it all the time. Players defend themselves and the puck by counter-hitting doing pretty much exactly that: brake and throw their back/shoulder into the player. Ironically James Neal was hurt earlier this year when Michael Del Zotto of the Rangers tried something similar, only MDZ got his arms up and walloped him in the face with his elbow.

*shrug*

I was browsing nhl, and I read the headline "Can't miss: Letang lays Big Hit on Tavares"

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that blatant interference? Tavares was just skating after a dump in with Letang was ahead of him. Letang puts on the brakes, and throws his back/ shoulder into Tavares. I don't understand how that isn't a penalty. Let alone being heralded as a great hit...

Link:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=244413&navid=nhl:topheads

I saw that hit on the highlights tonight and as much as i despise the Penguins and Letang, that to me is just battling for the puck.

Unfortunately this is the one series I predict to be a sweep. Tavares

is great, and Nabokov is a solid goalie, but wow did Pittsburgh lay the body on Tavares

all night.

I saw that hit on the highlights tonight and as much as i despise the Penguins and Letang, that to me is just battling for the puck.

Unfortunately this is the one series I predict to be a sweep. Tavares

is great, and Nabokov is a solid goalie, but wow did Pittsburgh lay the body on Tavares

all night.

I get what you're saying. I guess that I let my bias against the pens get the better of me. haha